Slot 1 DS Gamesave Dumper?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by aquafloe, Apr 28, 2010.

Apr 28, 2010

Slot 1 DS Gamesave Dumper? by aquafloe at 4:24 PM (1,420 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. aquafloe
    OP

Newcomer aquafloe Newbie

United States
    I'm looking for a Slot 1 dumper to backup original ds gamesaves. I seem to remember one that did not need a Slot 2 device OR WiFi. It would simply store the save in memory and let you swap the slot 1 card back in so it could save it. Does such a thing exist, or am I not remembering right? Thanks.

2. mudassirul

Member mudassirul GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i use an ez 3in1+ slot 2 card with rudulph's 3in1+ ndsbackup tool on my cyclods slot 1 card. unless you dump over wifi you'll need a slot 2 card, coz it can't be done over ds memory.

sorry but i guess you got confused with the ez 3in1 method of save dumping

if you buy one now you'll probably be getting the ez 3in1+ (probably wont say the + on it), make sure you download the 3in1+ ndsbackup tool not the slot2ndsbackup tool or the 3in1ndsbackup tool (3in1 without the +) otherwise you might get some trouble (like i did)

3. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I don't believe such a tool exists since the memory would need to hold the save -AND- the application in memory at the same time.

You touched on the only two methods I know of to back up saves on the DS: Slot-2 and WiFi.
    There is also an NDS Card Reader for the PC that is used to backup/restore Pokemon HG/SS saves.

4. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    AFAIK, there are a couple, which can be used to backup/restore ANY game.

One example of this is: http://www.xploder.net/nintendo-ds/product...-%C2%A31499.htm - £15 if you're in the UK, +£4 postage anywhere else in the world. Pretty cheap.

A more expensive NeoFlash version : http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?pro...at=0&page=1 - $40

Even more expensive NeoFlash one (can dump ROMs) : http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?pro...at=0&page=1 - $50

5. twiztidsinz

United States
    I can't say for sure... but I was under the impression that only 'NDS Adapter Plus' was able to back up/restore the HG/SS Saves without hardware modification to the HG/SS cart... at least at the moment. See here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=215641

I had specified HG/SS specifically because they were games that had problems backing up/restoring saves to retail cart, even with a device like the 'NDS Adapter' (non-plus version).

6. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    What happens when you do a save restore then?
    The DS holds both the save file and the application in memory.

I believe restoring saves doesn't even use the 3in1, since it doesn't say it's copying the save to the 3in1.
    Rudolph could have made it so it didn't say it, but erasing NOR then copying over the save file would take more time than that.

7. twiztidsinz

United States
    Again, why would it do something different for one direction, but not the other?
    Backing up and restoring are very similar, I believe...
    If you can do something from A to B, why would you want to go B to C to A, introducing another step if not needed?
    Similarly, if you need to go A to B to C, I don't think it would be possible to go from C to A directly.

8. clashthunder

Newcomer clashthunder Advanced Member

United States
    new action replay dsi has microsd card slot that supports homebrew with DLDI patches.
    maybe that might help dumping the rom. I am not 100% positive though