Homebrew WIP SlideNX | Change JoyCon attach/detach sound

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
to work with the cfw of your choice, you need to edit the ini used to tell which kip are loaded.
if atmosphere already loads all kip from a folder and you put it there, it will work. if you use hekate, you'll have to add the kip to your hekat's choice, or be sure it's in a folder where all kips are loaded. (like /modules/*)

jonyluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is it worx on Atmosphere
to work with the cfw of your choice, you need to edit the ini used to tell which kip are loaded.
if atmosphere already loads all kip from a folder and you put it there, it will work. if you use hekate, you'll have to add the kip to your hekat's choice, or be sure it's in a folder where all kips are loaded. (like /modules/*)
Atmosphere have Fusée "a custom bootloader, supports loading/customizing of arbitrary KIPs from the SD card."

Last edited by jonyluke,

TheDeathOfChaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got Atmosphere on 6.0.0 and this won't work for me. I've copied slidenx.kip to ReiNX/systmodules and I still get the default sounds. What exactly am I supposed to change in the .ini? I was under the impression that atmosphere wouldn't require that?

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@jonyluke can you provide your "atach.mp3" and "detach.mp3" sounds? ones that are used in your video. thank you

The one in my video are from a Michael Rosen video that I downloaded off YouTube and cut with audacity.

I uploaded the files here: http://188.68.42.91/fhost/slidenx/

They are ready to go, just copy them in the filder (overwrite the old mp3s or delete them first).

5oAwes0me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it works with wavs i converted to mp3, but they seem fast forwarded,

any idea on why that is?

Hey, did you fixed the problem i have this too. on Windows the mp3 sounds normal speed. i edited oggs to mp3 in audacity. are there specific requirements to the mp3 file like bitrate or something ?

jonyluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've got Atmosphere on 6.0.0 and this won't work for me. I've copied slidenx.kip to ReiNX/systmodules and I still get the default sounds. What exactly am I supposed to change in the .ini? I was under the impression that atmosphere wouldn't require that?

Copying the kip to ReiNX/sysmodules it is for using it with ReiNX

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you use SDfiles:
put the kip in /modules/required/ folder.

if you use "CFW" option, all modules in the required folders are loaded. though it has been reported that slidenx was not compatible with other modules, so you might have conflicts.

if you use "No LayeredFS", you need to edit the ini :

open bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini
look at the bootom section :
Code:
[No LayeredFS]
kip1=modules/required/loader.kip
kip1=modules/required/pm.kip
kip1=modules/required/sm.kip
secmon=modules/required/exosphere.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
{ }
add a kip1 like to add the path to slidenx file.

I don't know (yet) how to add kips if you use atmosphere without hekate.

Reactions: grabman

Chromez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
correct. the sounds definitely work, but timing is off sometimes, and the speed itself sounds like 1.5x faster

Same here. The custom mp3 sound works but on the Switch it sounds almost double as fast in comparison to the original mp3. I've tried several Mp3's and every time the sound is sped up on the Switch.

Is there any possible solution to this?

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call me crazy but can’t ya just record sound slowed then let the switch do it’s thing?

Been following your progress this is really cool props

jonyluke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Same here. The custom mp3 sound works but on the Switch it sounds almost double as fast in comparison to the original mp3. I've tried several Mp3's and every time the sound is sped up on the Switch.

Is there any possible solution to this?
Is it the default mp3 speed up?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1