air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing for an half hour and the controls are fine... :glare:

P.S This game is freaking awesome!
I tried the game out , maybe its just me , but I think zelda should have stayed back in my youth. ( not really a fan of this ) Now on the other hand , a freaking awesome game was xenoblade chronicles :-)

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The not using IR for pointing makes the pointing crap compared to other Wii games, I dont know why they couldnt use both, motion+ plus for the swinging and IR for pointing.

With the rope walking, it is more of a matter of flinging the wii-mote like a sword swing to side to balance.

Also dont know why they dont have options for adjusting the sensitivity, I have to awing was too hard, other games have this feature.

The motion controls take you out of the game more often than immersing you, your mind is on battling them rather than enjoying Zelda. My only hope is some clever person makes a cheat code to play it, kinda like DKC Returns.

Reactions: 1 person

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
has to be your mplus than i dont have any of them issues i'm using the built in motionplus OFFICIAL remote and i can tell you the game plays fine with it.

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
has to be your mplus than i dont have any of them issues i'm using the built in motionplus OFFICIAL remote and i can tell you the game plays fine with it.

No, I have OFFICIAL motion plus, its just a tedious and imprecise control method. F**** joke trying to do boss battles and such.

thehopeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
.... man.... Just use the controller naturally... they don't expect you do be hyper precise.... this has been calibrated using normal people.. just do it as you feel the most comfortable..... follow the prompts about how to move then use a normal stance... not stiffy.. not too fast just relax you guys are rush-up-the-ass haters.. just shut up and don't play if you just found out the WII was more active than a shitty Xbox or PS3....

man... can't believe it..

heat6jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also am getting frustrated with the controls. It's so annoying trying to roll the bombs. Impossible to relax and play this game, I'm going to have to stand up as if this were wii bowling just to kill one enemy.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... Love the game, but hate the controls.
They DEFINITELY should've used a combination of WM+ and IR. This would've solved a LOT of headaches!

:(

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
They DEFINITELY should've used a combination of WM+ and IR. This would've solved a LOT of headaches!

Actually Im starting to think it actually uses IR a bit.
Because when I got the wiimote out of sight from the IR bar, it goes out of sync A LOT more often than if I have it in sight.

However, one boss really kills the sync for me constantly.

Its this boss:
Tencalus

Lots and lots of swearing during that fight.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I also am getting frustrated with the controls. It's so annoying trying to roll the bombs. Impossible to relax and play this game, I'm going to have to stand up as if this were wii bowling just to kill one enemy.
hold the remote upside down but with the censor at the front facing you and you can roll bombs good that's what i do.

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I really hated the control for the first 7-10 hours.

The only real problem is that i had to unlearn the n64/gamecube way of controlling which is completly hardwired in me by now.

I kept losing hearts/dying because.
-Using A to fire an item instead of B like it used to B.
-Firing the item agfain when i want to put it back in the Pocket (same problem, the A-B switch...)
-Always trying to throw bombs away with A, which made them explode in my hands.
-Trying to use the A+ stick up attack instinctively forgetting motions controls.

Those are not really glitchy controls, they are just very hard to get used to when you have played Zelda the same way for so long.
After 10 hours, i was used to it and didn't have any big trouble anymore. My main remaining problems were :
_ Why Switch A/B for items, nintendo, this is so uninstinctive now (and still make me fire an extra arrow/whatever half the time i want to quit the bow/...)
I mean, using hookshot for exemple :
Before : Get it out with B, Fire it with B Put in back in Pocket with A.
Now : Get it out with B. Fire with A, put it back in Pocket with B
When i am hanging somewhere or trying to be fast, i have to constantly remind myself that the button have changed.

_ Bomb Rolling is still a bit complicated to do.
_ I miss the C-button camera

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really hated the control for the first 7-10 hours.

The only real problem is that i had to unlearn the n64/gamecube way of controlling which is completly hardwired in me by now.

I kept losing hearts/dying because.
-Using A to fire an item instead of B like it used to B.
-Firing the item agfain when i want to put it back in the Pocket (same problem, the A-B switch...)
-Always trying to throw bombs away with A, which made them explode in my hands.
-Trying to use the A+ stick up attack instinctively forgetting motions controls.

Those are not really glitchy controls, they are just very hard to get used to when you have played Zelda the same way for so long.
After 10 hours, i was used to it and didn't have any big trouble anymore. My main remaining problems were :
_ Why Switch A/B for items, nintendo, this is so uninstinctive now (and still make me fire an extra arrow/whatever half the time i want to quit the bow/...)
I mean, using hookshot for exemple :
Before : Get it out with B, Fire it with B Put in back in Pocket with A.
Now : Get it out with B. Fire with A, put it back in Pocket with B
When i am hanging somewhere or trying to be fast, i have to constantly remind myself that the button have changed.

_ Bomb Rolling is still a bit complicated to do.
_ I miss the C-button camera

I have same with doing rolls, too much hassle to them, gotta be sprinting and shake nun-chuck, I hardly ever roll, it was a staple rolling around Zelda games. Also the shield, using it is not as good as before and they wear out.

D

Deleted User

Actually Im starting to think it actually uses IR a bit.
Because when I got the wiimote out of sight from the IR bar, it goes out of sync A LOT more often than if I have it in sight.

However, one boss really kills the sync for me constantly.

Its this boss:
Tencalus

Lots and lots of swearing during that fight.

How are you dying to Tentalus, you learn the fight before it even starts, I got it on my first try and started with only 5 hearts.

Fedex14

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I finished the game, played for 33 hours, and I can say the controls are the best in the series. Can they be improved? Yes they can. Are they bad? Not at all.

Vicious23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Controls aren't bad at all.
But I did have higher expectations for them.
I don't know what it is, but I just don't feel like I have a sword in my hand. I still feel like I'm just waggling a wiimote.
I was really looking forward to feeling more like I was in the game

Cilph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How are you dying to Tentalus, you learn the fight before it even starts, I got it on my first try and started with only 5 hearts.

^ This. Tentalus is probably the easiest boss. Learn how to use your Skyward Strikes properly.

Just reached the final boss and thus far I'm quite happy with the M+ controls. The pointer does go off-center every once in a while but I think this has more to do with me shifting position on my chair. Slashing is quite easy to do, although you should be careful not do do an accidental Right slash when moving your arm from Right to Left to do a Left slash, some mobs are picky about hits. Thrusting with the sword is a mess though. It has about a whole second delay before it listens, which is enough for a boss to close its eyes..

JossyHadash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some people just don't like motion controls... especially not if they are irresponsive and slow.

SS has a lot of BAD choises that were actually better in previous games...

- using motion control ONLY . even the menu uses motion control... gee.... what a way of ruining things for the gamer that likes his GC controller
- no options to adjust any settings at all... except for the HUD.. wooptydoo...
- no camera adjustment other than pressing Z
- bird statues to save.... START => SAVE => Are you sure? was always better... i can understand why they were forced in MM to do it, but SS doesn't really have an excuse, other than lazyness of possible "getting stuck" moments...
- warping FORCES YOU to go into the sky first... so let's say you want to warp between 2 statues u found earlier... you first gotta take the detour through the sky...
- switching items with B and shooting with A , rather than the original scheme
- battle with enemies is SLOW...
- useless information everytime you first pick up something everytime you start the game... "You got 1 rupee! This will increase your wealth, so collect many of them!"
- you can easily farm items simply by leaving the area and coming back... even all "rare" items are exactly again at the place where u found them.
- 2 hour long intro before you actually get to do something useful. no way to skip conversation... at least 5 boxes of reading every time u wanna talk to a character... sometimes u wanna know if they will say something else when u want to talk a 2nd time or not.. well... be prepared to read the same 5 boxes or more without being able to skip it ...
- empty islands (that are hard to reach when flying ur bird anyway..) . When you are finally lucky enough to get ur bird onto an island, you find that some of them are completely useless....
- giving away many items "for free" just for advancing the story.. no satisfaction in collecting things this way..
- a weak soundtrack compared to other zelda games... and only 8 tracks on the cd ...
- no day and night cycle.. unless u go to bed...
- dowsing is for n00bs... whatever happend to exploring areas yourself? again... pressing D-pad down is a must every time u try it...

for someone who LOOOOOVED all the other Zelda games so far... this is a huge disappointment cuz of all the bad choises...
I'm beginning to think that 7.5 is a rather high score for this game. This has got the be the worst 3-d zelda game I played.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==