Gaming Skyward Sword controlling is terrible

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hold the mote sideways and you can control your glide in all directions instead of it just veering straight down. fortunately so far for me anyway there haven't been many areas where you need to glide only place i've seen so far is at eldin volcano.

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The controls are shit in full version, it is killing a good Zelda game.

Controls flying the bird are horrible, using the thumb stick and button would be so much better.

Have to point 90 degrees up or down to register up or down, means changing grip.

Have to fling wii-mote pretty hard to register a sword swing.

The balance while walking on ropes is completely broken, twisting the wii-mote doesnt affect Link's balance at all. (this one made me really sad)

I only see ability to center cursor and none for recalibration.

I have tried different wii-motes unless wii+ attachment is broken but then I dont think I could play at all, I really hating it it only adds frustration and lack of accuracy, I love Zelda so much but fighting the controls to play it is tedious.

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can you balance easily walking on ropes? The swords swings I can do in the right direction, horizontal, vertical, diagonal, etc so I really dont think my control is broken as such.

Its just so much of the motion stuff is unnecessary, I like playing Zelda with toght controls and not having to hope motion control registers properly.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you balance easily walking on ropes? The swords swings I can do in the right direction, horizontal, vertical, diagonal, etc so I really dont think my control is broken as such.

Its just so much of the motion stuff is unnecessary, I like playing Zelda with toght controls and not having to hope motion control registers properly.
Then don't play, Nintendo will not make a new control scheme for some random guy

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dude I love Nintendo, just having hard time believing everyone thinks the controls are good, it is like I am playing a different game. I am tempted to go buy another wii-mote with plus built in just to make sure it is not just me.

Reactions: 1 person

Sayargh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes I can, because I do it right. Hold the wii controller vertically when you're walking on the ropes and you will have no issues. Also you are terrible.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can you balance easily walking on ropes?
dude that shit is easy i havn't fallen off 1 rope! well maybe 1 cos i got knocked off by one of the bad guys :P

sword swings i have no probs a quick flick and it responds. the flying bird controls are hard at 1st but once you get the hang of it their easy so is the beetle i can fly it like a pro even with the speed enhancement :creep:

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Yes I can, because I do it right. Hold the wii controller vertically when you're walking on the ropes and you will have no issues. Also you are terrible.

I just tried pointing the wii-mote and screen and twisting, like the on screen prompt says to and the vertical method you mentioned, both fail. Link leans of to one side and thats it, no wii-mote movement can right him.

I am not terrible, what is terrible is not being able to move the character because the controls dont work. More disappointing is that its not just some half arsed game made by some chumps. its a freaking Zelda game made by Nintendo.

JossyHadash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude I love Nintendo, just having hard time believing everyone thinks the controls are good, it is like I am playing a different game. I am tempted to go buy another wii-mote with plus built in just to make sure it is not just me.

i completely agree with you
you have to swing the wiimote too hard for swordfighting...
it's irresponsive and slow... there's delay...
you have to use unnatural grips ... especially while rolling items
you have to use wii motion control even when answering the NPC's... talk about stupid...
it makes your hand hurt and it's really annoying that you have to try 2 or 3 times to make a spin attack or to flip a page in the menu... it makes u wanna not use the spin attack at all........

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Can you balance easily walking on ropes?
dude that shit is easy i havn't fallen off 1 rope! well maybe 1 cos i got knocked off by one of the bad guys :P

sword swings i have no probs a quick flick and it responds. the flying bird controls are hard at 1st but once you get the hang of it their easy so is the beetle i can fly it like a pro even with the speed enhancement :creep:

lol its really fun with eh beetle flying around :P

i like it if you shake to remote when balancing you can jostle the robe

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

i completely agree with you
you have to swing the wiimote too hard for swordfighting...
it's irresponsive and slow... there's delay...
you have to use unnatural grips ... especially while rolling items
you have to use wii motion control even when answering the NPC's... talk about stupid...
it makes your hand hurt and it's really annoying that you have to try 2 or 3 times to make a spin attack or to flip a page in the menu... it makes u wanna not use the spin attack at all........
you guys must all have shitty motionsplus :lol:

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just tried pointing the wii-mote and screen and twisting, like the on screen prompt says to and the vertical method you mentioned, both fail. Link leans of to one side and thats it, no wii-mote movement can right him.

I am not terrible, what is terrible is not being able to move the character because the controls dont work. More disappointing is that its not just some half arsed game made by some chumps. its a freaking Zelda game made by Nintendo.

Vertical definitely works (which is what the prompt says to do btw). Is your motion+ made by Nintendo?

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One major thing which i haven't even seen addressed.

Is there anything, ANYTHING ELECTRONIC, between you and the sensor bar?

It might give off an interference which would disrupt the communication between the M+ and the Wii.

estebangh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Big mistake for Nintendo that it doesn't use sensor bar to point... keep calibrating just to point is annoying

Could Ocarina cheats solve this? What do you think?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: