Skyward Sword controlling is terrible

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by RemixDeluxe, Nov 8, 2011.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I am playing the demo and I tried out the dungeon part. Whenever I play for about 2 mins I feel like I have to keep recalibrating the controls. Am I doing something wrong or will it be like this in the real game too?

2. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    its a bug

you should of read other threads

the demo was a build from 2010 and ive been told they fixed alot of bugs with the motion plus in the game

its fine as long as you dont fling the controller around like a mad man

3. Lucif3r

Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 10, 2011
    Controls works fine for me. Only issue is that the bug tends to not wanting to fly upwards

4. brandonspikes

brandonspikes King Erazer

May 30, 2010
    United States
    New York
    Thats a problem with your WM+

5. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    Try not to shake the controller around too hard.

6. dskartmasta

dskartmasta Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2010
    United States
    No this demo is from 2011. It's the E3 demo.

7. Walker D

Walker D I have a hat

Nov 15, 2009
    Brazil
    My home
    " this version was apparently compiled on August 23, 2010. The game ID is DAXP01. There are six languages available: english, german, spanish, french, italian, dutch ".

Its a 1 year old demo version, that was showed at e3 eventually..

8. Teep

Teep GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2010
    United States
    The demo had the same issue on the presentation as well. It's been fixed in the full game.

9. mepirulo

mepirulo Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2009
    No issues here, didn't have to recalibrate, only center once pressing the d-pad. Also flying was smooth, and to make de bird go up you just have to swing the wiimote from side to side.

10. koji2009

koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    As mentioned above, check out the e3 press coverage of this demo, it's a known bug. The reviews currently out of skyward sword have stated that the bug has since been fixed.

11. Caxap91

Caxap91 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2009
    Serbia, Republic of
    I'm really dissapinted with the controls, really hope everything is fine in the full version.

12. Piebe

Piebe GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2010
    Netherlands
    I like the controls and think they are somewhat similar to Twilight Princess but way more responsive. Hitting bats with and upwards swing is really cool and something i have never experienced before in a game. Yes, the demo has me pumped and it seems to me that SS is what WW should have been and what OOT almost was.

13. buckminster

buckminster Member

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2011
    United States
    I am most stoked about the movement, the ability to run around and jump up walls will prevent many rages for me.

14. slapusillydawg

slapusillydawg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2007
    United States
    the bird slowly descends over time, so you have to shake the remote every once and a while to make it go up, it isn't a bug.

oh and idk what everyone is talking about, I've only had to recalibrate once and I've played a total of 3 hours or so on this demo so far. either way, the final product is going to be better anyway so no use worrying.

15. metallica48423

metallica48423 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2011
    United States
    From what i've heard, the game will auto-calibrate using the sensor bar in the final game?

I'd think if the final game had that level of control issues the media would have been all over it already? And i've seen several places praising the controls.

Can anyone confirm?

16. Midna

Midna Banned

Banned
    Apr 13, 2008
    Albania
    It wouldn't get universal 10/10 with serious control issues still present in the release version.

DAMN ALL if fighting Ghiriham wasn't the coolest thing I've done this week.

17. Luigi728

Luigi728 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 23, 2008
    Netherlands
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

18. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    It's not too hard to figure out when to strike. In the first part, you need to attack from a direction that's not the one that looks like you're going to use. (So if you're holding the sword at the top and center, attack from the bottom or side). In the second part - you can continue that method, and you can also hit him if you dodge him as he runs towards you

And I got the impression that Ghirahim was deliberately toying with you in the 1st stage, hence him not attacking.

19. Lucif3r

Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 10, 2011
    Not the bird, the bug, or beetle or whatever its called. The weapon you have in the temple.

20. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Sometimes the beetle just suddenly flips direction, but otherwise the controls have been reliable for me. The only time I had to recalibrate was when I accidentally dropped my Wiimote