Hacking Sky3DS - restoring saves to different SD card

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
Is this supposed to work? I backed up my Luigi's Mansions 2 (EEPROM type game) and Animal Crossing (NAND type game) from my 32GB microSD card. I then installed my games to a new SanDisk 16GB microSD card, and restored the 2 save backups mentioned.

When I load Luigi's Mansion 2, all save data is gone, no files available. When I load Animal Crossing, the save file is fine.

One thing I did notice is previously Luigi's Mansion showed in DiskWriter as "0185 - Luigi's Mansion 2" whereas second time round it just showed as "Luigi's Mansion 2". Not sure how this happened or whether it affects it.

pu1se80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest first that you be certain you are writing the exact same rom files and using the exact same template files for the games you want to back up the save. Also, be sure that you load a game onto the Sky3ds that you are not wanting to back up the save file from prior to ejecting the cart. It's my understanding that the save file only gets written to the microsd card when switching to another game.

So with your example, I'm guessing that Luigi's Mansion 2 was the game last loaded into Sky3ds and the save was never written to SD.

I could be wrong, but those are good steps to follow in the future.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
EEPROM-Yes gamesave restoring depends on your luck.
It's pretty common that Sky3DS DW corrupts your EEPROM-Yes save on either backing-up step or restoring step.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill