Hacking Sky3ds is out, people

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This just goes to show how a competative market is always good for consumers - whereas tight control results in stagnation and artificially inflated prices.
Personally I don't think the 10 game limit or even the price is the problem for SKY3DS - its the fact that its unproven as of yet.

The big question is what is Nintendo's next move and how will than affect the card?
Sinking $90~120 (+microSD) on a card that guarantees the use of 10 games - Better than nothing if you don't have a 4.x device.
Yet if next week/month Gateway or one of the others manages to get it working aswell you're gonna feel silly.
If Nintendo puts out a patch that breaks it? You're gonna regret spending your money on this.

So its a safe bet to wait for now and let others 'take the risk' if you will.
That all said - I do think its an interesting question: "If you could only pick 10 games, which ones would you choose?"

My own current top 3 if I could only buy a SINGLE game would be one of these:
- Fantasy Life
- Fire Emblem: Awakening
- Bravely Default

The remaining slots would be more difficult as there are a number of titles that I'd like to try but don't know if I would enjoy them enough to lock them in.

Kandern97

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This just goes to show how a competative market is always good for consumers - whereas tight control results in stagnation and artificially inflated prices.
Personally I don't think the 10 game limit or even the price is the problem for SKY3DS - its the fact that its unproven as of yet.

The big question is what is Nintendo's next move and how will than affect the card?
Sinking $90~120 (+microSD) on a card that guarantees the use of 10 games - Better than nothing if you don't have a 4.x device.
Yet if next week/month Gateway or one of the others manages to get it working aswell you're gonna feel silly.
If Nintendo puts out a patch that breaks it? You're gonna regret spending your money on this.

So its a safe bet to wait for now and let others 'take the risk' if you will.
That all said - I do think its an interesting question: "If you could only pick 10 games, which ones would you choose?"

My own current top 3 if I could only buy a SINGLE game would be one of these:
- Fantasy Life
- Fire Emblem: Awakening
- Bravely Default

The remaining slots would be more difficult as there are a number of titles that I'd like to try but don't know if I would enjoy them enough to lock them in.

THIS. SO TRUE.

AmeenX

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Algeria
Am pretty sure that gateway had planned something in advance to face this kinda situation, plus who knows they perfectly could have a remaining exploit/s, note that the n3ds existance was known way before it's announcemnt, finally I advise everyone to be patient before getting a sky 3ds, just wait and see if it's capable of passing next update test.

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I can see that, but right now the 3DS scene seems to be on the breaking point of exploding. Gateway Team had a high control of the scene for a long time. Then Smealum with all of his work piqued people's interests, the Sky3ds card got announced, homebrew started happening, 7.x encryption keys got leaked, CFW released, and even though we don't know when Smea will release SSSpwn, it'll happen eventually, he's put too much work into it to not release it, at least bits of it in time. So I'd wait just I bit longer if I were you, for when people like Gateway and Sky3D Team(s) can no longer try and dominate the scene with their imposed superiority. Of course Gateway Team has done amazing work and are dedicated to their customers, but having the 3DS scene open to more people, will far outweigh the things that Gateway has done, in the long run. So, if you canm just wait, it'll also probably save you some money.

There is no 3DS scene as far as I can see, just a couple people showing off. The ones who have the means to open it up for us refuse to release anything. There were never these kind of issues with the Wii, everything was shared and left public(aside from a few projects that I refused to use). I plan to upgrade to the New 3DS as soon as it's available so Gateway isn't an option for me at all. I will gladly pay the price of two retail games for ten. I'll be spending this amount alone when I pick up the new Pokemon in a week and a half. Could be getting eight more games for that price. My only concern is that it will get blocked. I want to see it make it past at least one update before I spend anything on it.

D

Deleted-355425

Well, it looks like GW might become a lesser force, or perhaps even irrelevant in the 3DS scene soon, the way things are blowing now.

very likely GW already have something like this and will judge what to do with it off of this sky3ds release and how everyone reacts, functions and price.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2yw768j.jpg

has taffy would say. ARE YOU SERIOUS?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very likely GW already have something like this and will judge what to do with it off of this sky3ds release and how everyone reacts, functions and price.

if anyone has anymore exploits and they are smart then they will wait till xenoblade release

hyno111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
According to several Chinese reviews here and here ,ROM ID must be in the built-in template.txt.(So custom roms are not supported)
Delete the game will DELETE ALL SAVE in card(But I see no reason to delete game?),push the switch button in game will cause game to quit.
If 11 games are copied, the card will automately circle through all games so no game can be played (seems to be a software restriction)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
According to several Chinese reviews here and here ,ROM ID must be in the built-in template.txt.(So custom roms are not supported)
Delete the game will DELETE ALL SAVE in card(But I see no reason to delete game?),push the switch button in game will cause game to quit.
If 11 games are copied, the card will automately circle through all games so no game can be played (seems to be a software restriction)
hmmmm thats a weird way to go about it, so do they all show up(including the unallowed #11) but keep changing so you cant pick any of them..........that just sounds silly imo basically means you cant share a SD between sky3ds cards either (if you did end up buying more than one)

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They might be for people who specify it in the title, but if you get off your arse and message a few sellers you'll find that there's many out there going for the same price as any other 3DS.
You think i haven't been trying? Sellers that have them know exactly what they can do on those firmwares so they charge that much. I am from the usa btw not from the uk.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You think i haven't been trying? Sellers that have them know exactly what they can do on those firmwares so they charge that much. I am from the usa btw not from the uk.
same rules apply look for consoles with no miiverse icon on the homescreen then message the seller and ask them to check....just tell them not to update it......trust me 90% of people selling 3ds consoles dont have the first idea about gateway or 4.x hacks

LaserZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Unless I'm wrong, isn't this what you're looking for?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Nintend...1579447360?pt=Video_Games&hash=item2a46fa7c40

4.5, brand new. Sure it's from Canada, but Canada & USA are the same region anyway. You may have to pay a bit just to get it shipped from Canada to US, but it's relatively close to the retail price of 200.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's fine just stream the game! Lol
    +1
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes. +1