Hacking Sky3DS Help Please

sonix12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. I bought a sky3ds about a week ago and it's the blue button version. So I'm using it on 9.5.0-22U so I know it works. I formatted it and wrote Animal Crossing New Leaf and everything. This is where I get confused and/or messed up at. I put the microsd card in the sky3ds and then put the sky3ds in. I turn on the 3ds and nothing happens. I hold the blue button down and nothing happens. No LED flash or anything. Please help me.

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. I bought a sky3ds about a week ago and it's the blue button version. So I'm using it on 9.5.0-22U so I know it works. I formatted it and wrote Animal Crossing New Leaf and everything. This is where I get confused and/or messed up at. I put the microsd card in the sky3ds and then put the sky3ds in. I turn on the 3ds and nothing happens. I hold the blue button down and nothing happens. No LED flash or anything. Please help me.
Did you write it to the sd card using the DiskWriter?

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Well how can I change the thread name?

Not sure actually as I've never needed to do it... But yeah, as the thread states, many people in here are growing tired of the SKY3DS/Gateway flood of newbie threads that just say "question" in the title. So essentially, most of the knowledgeable individuals that frequent this section will look over your thread. Having a good title ensures people will venture into your thread to help out a fellow 3DS-buddy in need :yaynds:

sonix12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you write it to the sd card using the DiskWriter?

Yes I did.

Not sure actually as I've never needed to do it... But yeah, as the thread states, many people in here are growing tired of the SKY3DS/Gateway flood of newbie threads that just say "question" in the title. So essentially, most of the knowledgeable individuals that frequent this section will look over your thread. Having a good title ensures people will venture into your thread to help out a fellow 3DS-buddy in need :yaynds:

Alright thanks. 3DS Is Life

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I did.

Here are a couple of instructions from the sky3ds website this may or may not help you:

4. Initial SKY3DS:
Power on your 3ds console , hold to press red/blue button with finger, insert to 3DS Slot with your sky3ds , it will not display any game icon on screen. Pull out sky3ds and insert to 3DS again , the LED light will flashing fast, the game icon still doesn’t display. Again, pull out sky3ds and insert to 3DS, LED light flashing and turn off in few seconds, this means the first game save data has been read EEPROM normally from MicroSD card, you can play to enjoy it.

sonix12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are a couple of instructions from the sky3ds website this may or may not help you:

4. Initial SKY3DS:
Power on your 3ds console , hold to press red/blue button with finger, insert to 3DS Slot with your sky3ds , it will not display any game icon on screen. Pull out sky3ds and insert to 3DS again , the LED light will flashing fast, the game icon still doesn’t display. Again, pull out sky3ds and insert to 3DS, LED light flashing and turn off in few seconds, this means the first game save data has been read EEPROM normally from MicroSD card, you can play to enjoy it.

I did that and the LED light just doesn't flash and the game doesn't work. Even on the Diskwriter says the EEPROM hasn't been changed to yes if that means something.

sonix12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess you should check the diskWriterV1.06 user guide on the sky3ds website. Maybe it can give you a solution to your problem?

I restarted the whole process and reformatted to formatting again and it still didn't work. What do you do? Does it matter if it's a usb microsd adapter or a sd microsd adapter?

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I restarted the whole process and reformatted to formatting again and it still didn't work. What do you do? Does it matter if it's a usb microsd adapter or a sd microsd adapter?

It can be three things, it's either your sky3ds, your micro sd card, or maybe even the rom. Maybe try another sd card or another rom.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think if you use an out of region rom it doesn't show up as well, so check that the rom you're using is from the same region as your 3DS.

sonix12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be three things, it's either your sky3ds, your micro sd card, or maybe even the rom. Maybe try another sd card or another rom.

Not the rom. I checked it and it's fine. The sd card works completely fine. The sky3ds is the only thing I'm questioning. Anyway I can check to see if it's fake or if it works completely?

I think if you use an out of region rom it doesn't show up as well, so check that the rom you're using is from the same region as your 3DS.

I'm using animal crossing new leaf US with US System.

tekwarfare

Trophies
XP
Country
Not the rom. I checked it and it's fine. The sd card works completely fine. The sky3ds is the only thing I'm questioning. Anyway I can check to see if it's fake or if it works completely?...

How do you know it's not the ROM? Try another ROM, if you don't have another 3DS game to dump then borrow one temporarily from that popular site and just make sure it's the same region as your console, which is apparently USA.

sonix12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you know it's not the ROM? Try another ROM, if you don't have another 3DS game to dump then borrow one temporarily from that popular site and just make sure it's the same region as your console, which is apparently USA.

I tried both of pokemon X and pokemon Omega Ruby and I still failed to use it.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a public or private header ID? IE is it a ROM dump of your personal copy, or a download?

Go get latest Diskwriter and template0310.txt
Go get ROM Patcher v1.1 (export the ROM header to file)
No Ban No Sky (connect header file to template)
Go get Sky Army Knife (very handy if you can get it work)
Time to open up notepad and make sure your template knows your ROM has the right template header.
Open up Diskwriter, CHANGE TEMPLATE to your new one and then try it.

Oh, and don't be shocked if your savedata is corrupted. Especially for EEPROM-NO games. Backing up the savedata of the ROM from Diskwriter doesn't backup the actual 3DS SD card savedata which you now have to match as well. EEPROM-YES games, just use Diskwriter to backup savedata.

I'm guessing this is what's happening:

You wanted to play Animal crossing online so you dumped your private header. You slapped it on the SD and popped it into your Sky3DS. You forgot to change the template header for Sky3DS, so when you put in Sky3DS (you have to do it about x3 times for newly formatted SDs) and everything else displays a menu screen but the one game you didn't match headers on. So Animal Crossing is there, but you get a blank title screen and empty icon.

I've done this when I was playing with template headers.

MATCH YOUR TEMPLATE TO YOUR ROM HEADERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't matter what game, but it does matter for using private headers. Porkymonzterz, Super Gay Bros, Animal Crutching... even EEPROMs. If you use private headers you gotta patch the Sky3DS template to use them.

Eventually Sky Army Knife will be awesome as it will combine all the tools into one to make this easier. But for now it's a task to match headers.

Oh, and one more thing, don't use more than 31 games per SD card. Sky3DS isn't really "unlimited".

Let me know how it goes... your Sky3DS is okay. Trust me. It's the freakin' template. Oh you might want to also go get a copy of ROMTOOL v3.1 to trim your roms if you're trying to max out 31 games on a 32GB SD card.

Reactions: tekwarfare

sonix12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a public or private header ID? IE is it a ROM dump of your personal copy, or a download?

Go get latest Diskwriter and template0310.txt
Go get ROM Patcher v1.1 (export the ROM header to file)
No Ban No Sky (connect header file to template)
Go get Sky Army Knife (very handy if you can get it work)
Time to open up notepad and make sure your template knows your ROM has the right template header.
Open up Diskwriter, CHANGE TEMPLATE to your new one and then try it.

Oh, and don't be shocked if your savedata is corrupted. Especially for EEPROM-NO games. Backing up the savedata of the ROM from Diskwriter doesn't backup the actual 3DS SD card savedata which you now have to match as well. EEPROM-YES games, just use Diskwriter to backup savedata.

I'm guessing this is what's happening:

You wanted to play Animal crossing online so you dumped your private header. You slapped it on the SD and popped it into your Sky3DS. You forgot to change the template header for Sky3DS, so when you put in Sky3DS (you have to do it about x3 times for newly formatted SDs) and everything else displays a menu screen but the one game you didn't match headers on. So Animal Crossing is there, but you get a blank title screen and empty icon.

I've done this when I was playing with template headers.

MATCH YOUR TEMPLATE TO YOUR ROM HEADERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't matter what game, but it does matter for using private headers. Porkymonzterz, Super Gay Bros, Animal Crutching... even EEPROMs. If you use private headers you gotta patch the Sky3DS template to use them.

Eventually Sky Army Knife will be awesome as it will combine all the tools into one to make this easier. But for now it's a task to match headers.

Oh, and one more thing, don't use more than 31 games per SD card. Sky3DS isn't really "unlimited".

Let me know how it goes... your Sky3DS is okay. Trust me. It's the freakin' template. Oh you might want to also go get a copy of ROMTOOL v3.1 to trim your roms if you're trying to max out 31 games on a 32GB SD card.

My headers are synchronized and everything. And I'm not going trying to have 31 games right now. Nothing is working. I just write the game and put the microsd card in. I remember with the r4 sometimes if the micro sd card was out of place it wouldn't work. I readjusted it 20 times with both the card and microsd and it still didn't work. Anything else left to try?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father