Sky3DS Blue Button VS. Sky3DS+

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Skyshadow101, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Skyshadow101
    OP

Skyshadow101 The Sky Is The Limit!

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    I've been looking into the new "Sky3DS+". I already have a Sky3DS Blue Button. What are the pros and cons about the Sky3DS+? Is it worth changing to the new one or should I stay with the old one?

2. azublazer

azublazer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2015
    United States
    Bypasses Anti Piracy patches on newer games. Forward and backward game scrolling as opposed to one direction scrolling. Unless you want to play games with the anti-piracy patches, there's no need to switch in my honest opinion.

3. Skyshadow101
    OP

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    What games have Anti-Piracy? I've never heard of 3DS games with Piracy blocks on them.

4. Joshwraith

Joshwraith GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    Mexico
    Basically all the games releases since the begining of 2016.

5. Skyshadow101
    OP

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    So, probably Pokemon Sun and Moon is going to have Anti-Piracy?

6. Joshwraith

Joshwraith GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    Mexico
    You can bet on it. Thats why sky3ds team release the new orange button, you can upgrade the firmware on that card if a new anti-piracy comes out.

7. Skyshadow101
    OP

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    Awesome! Totally getting it!

8. Clector

Clector GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    Most new games have AP, AP games have been implemented first in games launched around August 2015, there"s a little list but there isn"t all games but mostly all 2016 games a little from mid 2015 and mostly new up coming games will have AP checks: Also there"s some more games with AP checks
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Also there"s some more games with AP checks, Pokemon Sun and Moon will have AP very probably.

Last edited by Clector, Jul 8, 2016
  9. Skyshadow101
    OP

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    So that's why Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon wouldn't appear! I thought it was a firmware problem. :P

10. lolz5521

lolz5521 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2015
    Indonesia
    i'm surprised no one said "you should downgrade and install a9lh hurr durr"

aos10 likes this.
  11. Joshwraith

Joshwraith GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    Mexico
    You can add to the list the new: Lego Star Wars: The force Awaken, so this means all new games comes out with AP.

12. sweis12

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    If you want to buy the new one, I would be interested in buying your old one. PM me if interested.

13. Clector

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    I"ll add it to the list; also mostly all new games will have AP there may be little exceptions to games that launched a lot before in another regions like what happen to European Yo-kai Watch because it launched a lot ago in Japan and was launched also like one and half yea before in America, but it will be pretty rare that any new game launched doesn"t have AP in it. So if you want to play that games in an Sky3DS you need to buy the new one with Orange buttons, since if I recall good you can only play that games in Sky3DS Blue Button with CFW and previously editing them.

14. Joshwraith

Joshwraith GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    Mexico
    Yes and there is a tool that you can use to see if a "3ds" has AP flag, with CRT_v1.8.5.

You can donwload the tool from here: http://scene.releases.free.fr/index.php?p=tools

Run the tool open the 3ds file go to partition tab and at the end you will See "nothing found" (no ap) or else you will see AP flag which mean that the game comes with AP.

[​IMG]

15. Skyshadow101
    OP

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    I have CFW, can I just download the games and play them through the cartridge like normal if I boot it through CFW?

16. Clector

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    There was a thread about it let me search it, but if I recall good you can only play that games in CFW, so you won"t be able to play that games in another systems since you will unsign them.
    EDIT: Found it:https://gbatemp.net/threads/create-template-for-blue-button-sky3ds-ourself.430142/
    @Skyshadow101 You will need to generate the template with the game if it isn"t yet in the template, and also for all games with AP even in the templateyou need to modify the game to delete the AP in it making it unsigned for non CFW.

Last edited by Clector, Jul 8, 2016
  17. Skyshadow101
    OP

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    I only have 1 system. So I should be good on that. I think I will buy the new one, just to be safe though, I think I might keep my old one, just for homebrew games.

18. Joshwraith

Joshwraith GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    Mexico
    Last edited by Joshwraith, Jul 8, 2016
  19. Skyshadow101
    OP

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
  20. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    It would be a LOT cheaper to buy another console on 10.7 or less and downgrade it. Then you can pirate all the games you want including eShop games and custom VC games. You can use your Sky Blue as an exploit game, do a system transfer, and sell it and your console afterward. You might even make a profit as opposed to spending $100.