Hacking Sky3DS Blue Button VS. Sky3DS+

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking into the new "Sky3DS+". I already have a Sky3DS Blue Button. What are the pros and cons about the Sky3DS+? Is it worth changing to the new one or should I stay with the old one?

azublazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking into the new "Sky3DS+". I already have a Sky3DS Blue Button. What are the pros and cons about the Sky3DS+? Is it worth changing to the new one or should I stay with the old one?

Bypasses Anti Piracy patches on newer games. Forward and backward game scrolling as opposed to one direction scrolling. Unless you want to play games with the anti-piracy patches, there's no need to switch in my honest opinion.

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bypasses Anti Piracy patches on newer games. Forward and backward game scrolling as opposed to one direction scrolling. Unless you want to play games with the anti-piracy patches, there's no need to switch in my honest opinion.
What games have Anti-Piracy? I've never heard of 3DS games with Piracy blocks on them.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Most new games have AP, AP games have been implemented first in games launched around August 2015, there"s a little list but there isn"t all games but mostly all 2016 games a little from mid 2015 and mostly new up coming games will have AP checks: Also there"s some more games with AP checks
  • Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
  • Bravely Second: End Layer (European)
  • Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash
  • Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life 2
  • Fire Emblem: Fates
  • Goosebumps The Game
  • Hyrule Warriors Legends.
  • Kirby: Planet Robobot
  • LEGO Marvel Vengadores
  • Lego Star Wars: The force Awaken
  • Mario & Luigi - Paper Jam Bros.
  • Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection.
  • Monster Hunter X
  • New Style Boutique 2: Fashion Forward
  • Pokémon Rumble World
  • Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
  • Project X Zone 2
  • Shovel Knight
  • Stella Glow (American and European)
  • Terraria
  • The Legend of Legacy (European)
  • Zelda, The Legend of: TriForce Heroes.
Also there"s some more games with AP checks, Pokemon Sun and Moon will have AP very probably.

Last edited by Clector,

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most new games have AP, AP games have been implemented first in games launched around August 2015, there"s a little list but there isn"t all games but mostly all 2016 games a little from mid 2015 and mostly new up coming games will have AP checks: Also there"s some more games with AP checks
  • Goosebumps The Game
  • Monster Hunter X
  • LEGO Marvel Vengadores
  • Pokémon Rumble World
  • Project X Zone 2
  • Shovel Knight
  • Terraria
Also there"s some more games with AP checks, Pokemon Sun and Moon will have AP very probably.
So that's why Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon wouldn't appear! I thought it was a firmware problem. :P

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
  • Goosebumps The Game
  • Monster Hunter X
  • LEGO Marvel Vengadores
  • Pokémon Rumble World
  • Project X Zone 2
  • Shovel Knight
  • Terraria

You can add to the list the new: Lego Star Wars: The force Awaken, so this means all new games comes out with AP.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
If you want to buy the new one, I would be interested in buying your old one. PM me if interested.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I"ll add it to the list; also mostly all new games will have AP there may be little exceptions to games that launched a lot before in another regions like what happen to European Yo-kai Watch because it launched a lot ago in Japan and was launched also like one and half yea before in America, but it will be pretty rare that any new game launched doesn"t have AP in it. So if you want to play that games in an Sky3DS you need to buy the new one with Orange buttons, since if I recall good you can only play that games in Sky3DS Blue Button with CFW and previously editing them.

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So that's why Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon wouldn't appear! I thought it was a firmware problem. :P

Yes and there is a tool that you can use to see if a "3ds" has AP flag, with CRT_v1.8.5.

You can donwload the tool from here: http://scene.releases.free.fr/index.php?p=tools

Run the tool open the 3ds file go to partition tab and at the end you will See "nothing found" (no ap) or else you will see AP flag which mean that the game comes with AP.

23shmdj.png

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I"ll add it to the list; also mostly all new games will have AP there may be little exceptions to games that launched a lot before in another regions like what happen to European Yo-kai Watch because it launched a lot ago in Japan and was launched also like one and half yea before in America, but it will be pretty rare that any new game launched doesn"t have AP in it. So if you want to play that games in an Sky3DS you need to buy the new one with Orange buttons, since if I recall good you can only play that games in Sky3DS Blue Button with CFW and previously editing them.
I have CFW, can I just download the games and play them through the cartridge like normal if I boot it through CFW?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
There was a thread about it let me search it, but if I recall good you can only play that games in CFW, so you won"t be able to play that games in another systems since you will unsign them.
EDIT: Found it:https://gbatemp.net/threads/create-template-for-blue-button-sky3ds-ourself.430142/
@Skyshadow101 You will need to generate the template with the game if it isn"t yet in the template, and also for all games with AP even in the templateyou need to modify the game to delete the AP in it making it unsigned for non CFW.

Last edited by Clector,

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a thread about it let me search it, but if I recall good you can only play that games in CFW, so you won"t be able to play that games in another systems since you will unsign them.
I only have 1 system. So I should be good on that. I think I will buy the new one, just to be safe though, I think I might keep my old one, just for homebrew games.

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Last edited by Joshwraith,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It would be a LOT cheaper to buy another console on 10.7 or less and downgrade it. Then you can pirate all the games you want including eShop games and custom VC games. You can use your Sky Blue as an exploit game, do a system transfer, and sell it and your console afterward. You might even make a profit as opposed to spending $100.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv