Hacking Sky3ds+ 7 reasons why I will wait for next firmware.

Are you keeping your sky3ds+ card even if you install cfw?

• Total voters

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wow Really?

Ignoring that first part i've actually beaten a lot of them because most gameboy/gameboy color games are like 6-10 hours with savestates, it's really not hard to beat one or two a week with my schedule, most of my backlog is stuff i bought on sale like rhythm thief (Which i still really need to play) and "Non-beatable" games like MHG and Smash (and the assorted game i bought, didn't like, and just never deleted), mixed with the launchers for my r4i ds backups and system utilities, it adds up, since i don't really watch tv, most of what i do in my down time is game, it's incredibly easy to reach the 200's, especially when you include utilities like ftpd, chmm2, gytb, and homebrew games like zelda RoTH

Okay, forwarders to your r4i I can understand, but you beat around 300 titles? Even if gameboy games, I'd say, that's impressive. What's your schedule like? My backlog is ginormous, it can take a long time for me to finish just a single game, and I barely watch any tv at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Elementle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, forwarders to your r4i I can understand, but you beat around 300 titles? Even if gameboy games, I'd say, that's impressive. What's your schedule like? My backlog is ginormous, it can take a long time for me to finish just a single game, and I barely watch any tv at all.

once i start a game i just plow through it, i just play fast i finished each picross e game in about 4 days, and i just finished mother 1 in 5, i don't really know why, it's not like i do speedruns or anything it's just really easy for me to sit down with a game and finish it in like a week, some games i just play whenever i get bored of the main game i'm playing since i know if i try and plow through it i'll wreck myself (Like pokémon or xenoblade 3d, they're just too long). just try not to start a second beatable game while playing one, stick to one beatable game and 2-3 non beatable games at a time

Reactions: ManuelKoegler

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a Gateway right when 9.2 was exploitable. This was right before you could commercially load ROMs easily with any sort of CFW. I used the Gateway for a year or two afterwards. Even though using the MSET took a minute to set up, the Gateway never steered me wrong. Since I bought it, I kept using it. But if you bought a cart after some of the new CFWs allow for ROM loading, you did yourself a disservice. But I kept using it till I decided to try AL9H. If you want to use a Gateway or Sky3DS, do it. Its fine.

Its pretty sad that you all can't possibly have a civilized conversation about something so trivial like how someone plays their pirated games

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
I got a Gateway right when 9.2 was exploitable. This was right before you could commercially load ROMs easily with any sort of CFW. I used the Gateway for a year or two afterwards. Even though using the MSET took a minute to set up, the Gateway never steered me wrong. Since I bought it, I kept using it. But if you bought a cart after some of the new CFWs allow for ROM loading, you did yourself a disservice. But I kept using it till I decided to try AL9H. If you want to use a Gateway or Sky3DS, do it. Its fine.

Its pretty sad that you all can't possibly have a civilized conversation about something so trivial like how someone plays their pirated games
I think it is civilized, but multiple people saying the same thing makes it look otherwise. The issue though is OP made a list filled with inaccuracies that need corrected or at least unbiased.

The only use for a sky3ds is in the situation that you personally don't to apply a cfw.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
At the end of the day, we buy these things for the here-and-now and should be happy when the scene progresses beyond them.

I bought my Gateway back when 4.x was the only exploitable firmware. I got plenty of usage out of it, but the scene has progressed beyond it and this is a GOOD thing. I still use my Gateway as an extra SD card slot of sorts, but I'm not going to pretend that it's still relevent. The scene progresses and we should embrace this. You can use your Sky3DS+ alongside A9LH - great, best of both worlds, everybody is a winner.

It's the way things work. The first PS2 modchips (Neo2 I think?) required a bootdisc to load. Then the scene progressed onto fully featured modchips like the DMS range, Messiah etc. Now we can do it all through software. This is great, and I don't take it as a knock on my DMS4 Pro PS2 that I still have somewhere back at home.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is civilized, but multiple people saying the same thing makes it look otherwise. The issue though is OP made a list filled with inaccuracies that need corrected or at least unbiased.

The only use for a sky3ds is in the situation that you personally don't to apply a cfw.
I honestly thought about getting a Sky3DS too, again, before good custom firmware.

The only place I had an issue was when I started trying to migrate to CFW. Gateway uses .3DS games and saves in a weird fashion.

DShunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The OP is simply trying to stroke his e-peen to make himself feel good by making threads like this. It has a pointlessness that is beyond oblivion.

For the average user, there is literally zero initiative whatsoever to go out and purchase flashcarts for your 3DS/2DS right now if you just into 3DS based homebrew or the latest 3DS games since the CFW can do all that and more, better compatibility and faster updates/fixes than any flashcarts manufacturer you can ever imagine. People have the face it, the glory days of flashcarts in the 3DS scene are over and most of the team providing updates, patches, fixes or whatnot for their respective flashcarts does not seem to bother or is at least competent enough to catch up with the progress that the CFW community have made and I really doubt it ever will.

D

Deleted User

Ok look....I know you probably dont keep up with how things work on here since you are putting a overpriced and obsolete flash card over full acces cfw ,so Here's a simple solution to your a9lh paranoia without sounding like a dick.

1.Buy a cheap 2ds for 60$ which is probably less than that sky3ds you are blabbing about

2.Researh the guide http://3ds.guide/ and download all the files needed

3.Follow everything step by step,don't do anything outside the guide and you won't have any issues.

If for some reason you screw up,you try recovery mode on 11.2 and it is hackable so you will always be able to hack a 3ds.No go? You only spent 60$ anyway and you can eather learn to hard mod and use the NAND backup you should have made during the guide,or you simply just buy a new one.You really can't go wrong if you go cheap on your 3ds.

Reactions: ManuelKoegler

ChrisCFW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So funny, i even own my own sky3ds+ and got cubic ninja etc... Never had any issues. What is wrong with this thread lmfao

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So funny, i even own my own sky3ds+ and got cubic ninja etc... Never had any issues. What is wrong with this thread lmfao

imo, this thread is basically just a sub for emunand vs. a9lh.
only its sky vs. cfw.

personally though, cfw adds way more pros then sky. sky is only good if you dont have an exploitable FW, to which at the moment, everyone one does.

Last edited by Sketchy1,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with the recent "guide" there's still a 20% chance of brick or 1 out of 5 bricked 3ds according to a poll.
1 out of 5 persons don't follow guides correctly..

but to be fair, thats more then 1, let say 2 out of 5 persons dont follow guides correctly, which end in being 200 out of 500... or even better 2k out of 5k.. the guide does not brick your 3ds if followed correctly.

ChrisCFW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
People have opinions, and now they feel the need to defend them. The whole "cfw vs flashcart" argument is a joke, its just what suits you more.

I have both, and have no reason too defend anything. I just say i have no issue with my sky3ds+.... People just need too learn research before they hit down on things ;)
And should learn too not take shortcuts... follow the instructions and everything will work.

Last edited by ChrisCFW,
Reactions: ItsKipz

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no need for this debate anymore guys and gals, seems like the OP is just trying to troll around (as expected). OP have since moved from his super precious Sky3DS+ to CFW.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-comes-after-3ds-guide.457590/
I haven't moved on to anything. Im gathering all the information i can before i decide on wether the risk is worth it. Everybody loves to just parrot the guide on every post as if that guide completely migrated you from sky3ds+ to cfw. I have read the entire guide there is alot left unsaid.

Last edited by comput3rus3r,

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't moved on to anything. Im gathering all the information i can before i decide on wether the risk is worth it. Everybody loves to just parrot the guide on every post as if that guide completely migrated you from sky3ds+ to cfw. I have read the entire guide there is alot left unsaid.
If your referring to the stuff in that other thread then no, that isn't missing from 3ds.guide - as it is primarily is for installing a9lh; but additionally includes installing a cia installer [fbi] and a set of suggested a9lh payloads.

To answer some of your points there: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...-to-cia-dump-private-headers-ds-carts.432600/ there's various ways to do it. 1 being dumping from cart [or sky3ds] directly into a cia. Batch conversion can also be don, that I think is best done on PC [3ds needed just for xorpads]...

DShunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

The majority of people are 'parroting' the guide because 3ds.guide is the only primary and most comprehensive step-by-step guide to unlocking A9LH in addition to the most user friendly 3DS CFW (Luma) you would currently ever find. They don't call Luma "Noob-proof CFW" for nothing. The people related to the scene spent countless hours day and night perfecting the guide and tools used within, it's very much as safe and foolproof as you can get.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
needless to say, the risks are only worth taking if you get something you desire out of it;
so before i say switch to a9lh, please, what is it that you actually want, or are you content with what you've got :)?
are you content with just free games?
are you interested in region changing?
free dlc?
want to play the games not supported by sky or other flashcards?

you've got free games already, so the only pros a9lh would give are the rest of the homebrew stuffs you cant run on userland, free dlc, and semi-ban protection

Last edited by Sketchy1,

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
needless to say, the risks are only worth taking if you get something you desire out of it;
so before i say switch to a9lh, please, what is it that you actually want, or are you content with what you've got :)?
are you content with just free games?
are you interested in region changing?
free dlc?
want to play the games not supported by sky or other flashcards?

you've got free games already, so the only pros a9lh would give are the rest of the homebrew stuffs you cant run on userland, free dlc, and semi-ban protection
I guess i am interested in being able to switch games easier and maybe eventually being able to use cheats. Is there anything like ocarina cheats
from wii usbloadergx for cfw?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.