Hacking SKINS FOR SUPERCARD DSONE (EOS)?

azure0wind

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yup!
the title says it all...
anyone know how to make it / is there skin for EOS?
if someone know please tell me how to make it.. and if there is a program that can make EOS skin; please tell me with the link to download the program...
thanks in advance!

-No FLAMING-

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to know as well.
All they had on the site was this, and I have no idea what the hell all of those confusing strings of text are supposed to mean.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Have you even bothered looking at the existing skins to try & figure it out !?!

I don't even own a supercards & I have !!

> Inside the /_dsone/skin/ folder you will find several other folder ('black'/'christmas' etc)
> Inside each of these there's a set of graphics & a file called 'uisettings.ini'
> open this up & you'll see a list of words that surprizingly match those shown in the skin demo ('fileNameColor=' etc)
> By changing the 'code' after the '=' sign you can change the color of the text that is shown
e.g 0xffff = white while 0x0000=black

If you want to change the graphics, just create an identical sized graphic & replace the existing one's (I would suggest you actually make a copy of the folder & change that version rather than overwritting the existing folder)

the only thing I can think MAY be a problem is the graphics may need to be 16-bit & not 24-bit coloured graphics - Use GIMP to create them

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
rommy667 said:
How can i get my xp skin from old os to work in the new os? I put it in the skin folder but it wont show up when I try to select it form the skin menu..........
As I've said - I don't have a Supercard, but did you just copy it over from one to the other without any changing of names etc ????

I've looked at both 'DSOnei Evolution' & 'DSOnei V3.0sp8' and the graphic names are totally different between them

for example
In V3.0sp8 the text file is called 'skin.ini' while in Evolution it's called 'uisettings.ini'
In V3.0sp8 I think the top screen is called 'logo.bmp' while in evolution it's called 'upperbg.bmp'

So if you want to use a V3sp8 skin on Evolution - you're going to have to look at the graphics in V3sp8 and rename them to the equivalent in Evolution

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep I just copied it over with out doing a thing,ill look in to what you said thanks a lot
smile.gif
but one would have thought they would have "backward compatability".......

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, the old OS uses 24-bit colors, while the EOS uses 16-bit colors. You'll have to change that as well.

http://www.conradshome.com/html2bgr15/

EDIT: Another thing: You'll have to delete one of the folders like "black" or "pink" and replace it with those files while keeping the same filename, since there's a bug with that too.

ie, A space theme with a folder name "Space" would have to be changed to fit the EOS' requirements, then I'd also have to overwrite one of the existing theme names, for example, pink. The "Pink" folder (after overwriting) will contain the "Space" theme.

Dudu.exe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
Brazil
My first ( hope not last ) Skin for EOS

07022010002u.jpg

07022010003.jpg

07022010004x.jpg

ypu can get it on SCDEV.org or supercard foruns!

as said here, for now you have to replace a current skin with the new one!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
rommy667 said:
Ok ive tried all the stuff you said but it still wont "see" it ive given up at this point
frown.gif
thanks for your help all the same man,hopefully someone who can will make a xp skin for evo down the line......
What doesn't it 'see' - the Skins 'name' or does it see the name but when selected it doesn't show the new skin (or possibly it shows a corrupted display) ??

If it doesn't show the skin name - did you do as Uncle FEFL said - delete one of the existing 'skin' folders & placing your skin into a new folder of the same name as the one you deleted ?? (Alternatively backup up one of the folders to your PC & copy all the XP graphics etc into the same folder on the MicroSD card overwritting the existing graphics)

If it shows the name but doesn't show the new skin when selected then check - have you converted them to 16-bit graphics from the original 24-bit graphics ??

huruvida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dudu.exe said:
My first ( hope not last ) Skin for EOS

07022010002u.jpg

07022010003.jpg

07022010004x.jpg

ypu can get it on SCDEV.org or supercard foruns!

as said here, for now you have to replace a current skin with the new one!
I think I need to get into making skins... let's do it!

that one looks good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock