SKINS FOR SUPERCARD DSONE (EOS)?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by azure0wind, Feb 7, 2010.

Feb 7, 2010
  1. azure0wind
    OP

Member azure0wind 7 years flew so fast.

Indonesia
    Yup!
    the title says it all...
    anyone know how to make it / is there skin for EOS?
    if someone know please tell me how to make it.. and if there is a program that can make EOS skin; please tell me with the link to download the program...
    thanks in advance!

-No FLAMING-

2. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    I would like to know as well.
    All they had on the site was this, and I have no idea what the hell all of those confusing strings of text are supposed to mean.

3. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Have you even bothered looking at the existing skins to try & figure it out !?!

I don't even own a supercards & I have !!

> Inside the /_dsone/skin/ folder you will find several other folder ('black'/'christmas' etc)
    > Inside each of these there's a set of graphics & a file called 'uisettings.ini'
    > open this up & you'll see a list of words that surprizingly match those shown in the skin demo ('fileNameColor=' etc)
    > By changing the 'code' after the '=' sign you can change the color of the text that is shown
    e.g 0xffff = white while 0x0000=black

If you want to change the graphics, just create an identical sized graphic & replace the existing one's (I would suggest you actually make a copy of the folder & change that version rather than overwritting the existing folder)

the only thing I can think MAY be a problem is the graphics may need to be 16-bit & not 24-bit coloured graphics - Use GIMP to create them

4. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    How can i get my xp skin from old os to work in the new os? I put it in the skin folder but it wont show up when I try to select it form the skin menu..........

5. Uncle FEFL

Member Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

United States
  6. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    As I've said - I don't have a Supercard, but did you just copy it over from one to the other without any changing of names etc ????

I've looked at both 'DSOnei Evolution' & 'DSOnei V3.0sp8' and the graphic names are totally different between them

for example
    In V3.0sp8 the text file is called 'skin.ini' while in Evolution it's called 'uisettings.ini'
    In V3.0sp8 I think the top screen is called 'logo.bmp' while in evolution it's called 'upperbg.bmp'

So if you want to use a V3sp8 skin on Evolution - you're going to have to look at the graphics in V3sp8 and rename them to the equivalent in Evolution

7. rommy667

Ireland
    Yep I just copied it over with out doing a thing,ill look in to what you said thanks a lot [​IMG] but one would have thought they would have "backward compatability".......

8. Uncle FEFL

Member Uncle FEFL OBJECTION!

United States
    Also, the old OS uses 24-bit colors, while the EOS uses 16-bit colors. You'll have to change that as well.

http://www.conradshome.com/html2bgr15/

EDIT: Another thing: You'll have to delete one of the folders like "black" or "pink" and replace it with those files while keeping the same filename, since there's a bug with that too.

ie, A space theme with a folder name "Space" would have to be changed to fit the EOS' requirements, then I'd also have to overwrite one of the existing theme names, for example, pink. The "Pink" folder (after overwriting) will contain the "Space" theme.

9. rommy667

Ireland
    Ok ive tried all the stuff you said but it still wont "see" it ive given up at this point [​IMG] thanks for your help all the same man,hopefully someone who can will make a xp skin for evo down the line......

10. Dudu.exe

Newcomer Dudu.exe Advanced Member

Brazil
    My first ( hope not last ) Skin for EOS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ypu can get it on SCDEV.org or supercard foruns!

as said here, for now you have to replace a current skin with the new one!

11. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    What doesn't it 'see' - the Skins 'name' or does it see the name but when selected it doesn't show the new skin (or possibly it shows a corrupted display) ??

If it doesn't show the skin name - did you do as Uncle FEFL said - delete one of the existing 'skin' folders & placing your skin into a new folder of the same name as the one you deleted ?? (Alternatively backup up one of the folders to your PC & copy all the XP graphics etc into the same folder on the MicroSD card overwritting the existing graphics)

If it shows the name but doesn't show the new skin when selected then check - have you converted them to 16-bit graphics from the original 24-bit graphics ??

12. huruvida

Newcomer huruvida Member

Sweden
    I think I need to get into making skins... let's do it!

that one looks good.