• Total voters

janouis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
BoxShot said:
There's a difference iirc there was one file that got its name changed in one of the betas.
Thanks for the info - in fact I've been having a look at the 'makeskin' folder of 'Beta 5' & '2.02 stable' & found that there is in fact quite a few differences in graphic names.

I'm guessing that some graphics are common between versions except that the name was changed to something more 'logical'

So my next question is .... is there a way to extract the graphics from the 'skn' files in this thread so that I may rename the appropriate ones while 'removing' the unneeded ones, & recompile to a 'beta 5' compatible skn ???

Or if I can't extract the graphics - do I ask the designer very nicely if he could supply the graphics he used ?

I converted the akatsuki skin into beta 5 heres the link... Akatsuki.skn beta 5 can u pls tell me if this skin works on beta 5? i can't get beta 5 to work on my DSTT... I can't test it... So i can update all my skins to work on acekard with moonshell 2 beta 5...tnx!

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I could help you test. I've been making Moonshell 2 work for me since Beta 5 on my TTDS.

Offtopic: Cool! Another Filipino with another flashcart. All of my friends at school who have flashcarts all have the crappy R4 for some insane reason. Actually, almost everyone I know who has a DS uses R4. Except for one who I recall had an EDGE.

I use TTDS also.

In truth, I'm angry at Pacman. As in, let's see, he's good at boxing. But let's see the other stuff he tries doing:
Singing: *crappy voice* Paara sa'yo, ang laban na toooo...
Movies: *Speaks in a weird, tribal voice that has no emotion* Anoo ba yan. Anoo nagyariii.
Commercials: Para sa'yo.. ang labaan na tooo
Politics: Gusto ko, maging mayor nito. Then he sings again.
Songwriting: Writes: para sa'yo, ang laban na toooo..

I f he runs, he's gonna lose. I know it.

janouis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
I could help you test. I've been making Moonshell 2 work for me since Beta 5 on my TTDS.

Offtopic: Cool! Another Filipino with another flashcart. All of my friends at school who have flashcarts all have the crappy R4 for some insane reason. Actually, almost everyone I know who has a DS uses R4. Except for one who I recall had an EDGE.

I use TTDS also.

can u try and test it if it's working? me too i think we're only 3 who owns a ds in our school and the majority of students are psp fanboy...

haha!ur ryt... I Idolize him in boxing...the no 1 pound 4 pound king..
yay.gif

janouis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan release date for Dragon Quest IX is fast approaching... I'm very excited for this game!!! I think this will be the Best turn based RPG for the DS!!
yaynds.gif
So Here's my preview of my Dragon Quest IX Skin
yay.gif

Untitled-1-26.jpg
Untitled-2-34.jpg

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
janouis said:
I converted the akatsuki skin into beta 5 heres the link... Akatsuki.skn beta 5 can u pls tell me if this skin works on beta 5? i can't get beta 5 to work on my DSTT... I can't test it... So i can update all my skins to work on acekard with moonshell 2 beta 5...tnx!Thanks for that - the bad news is that it doesn't work on an AK2i/Moonshell 2 beta 5/YSMenu combo (just don't ask why this combo - It's not my usual setup, it for someone else)

Moonshell locks up & I get the following error (this is only the last couple of lines)
QUOTESkinFile_Open(...);
Shell_FAT_fopen_Fullpath=/AKATSUKI.SKN
Header size=0x1254
Load Color table. [colortbl.ini]
.ine54 error.
current section [Filelist] unknown key=ID3
¬agtext value=ffffff

Application halted
I guess you used your existing graphics & compiled it with the 'Moonshell 2 beta 5' makeskin app ?
- could it be the naming of the graphics (or sizes) that's the probelm ??

Is there any chance you create a download link of the graphics so that myself (& others) can try for ourself ?? or are you worried about copyright etc

Many thanks again for the attempt

DarkSunDS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Eeehh... Most of them are stretched background images which don't fit with the text and look kind of ugly and unpolished... If more work was put into the skins it might look better, but right now the default and neko skins looks much better and fancier.

janouis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkSunDS said:
Eeehh... Most of them are stretched background images which don't fit with the text and look kind of ugly and unpolished... If more work was put into the skins it might look better, but right now the default and neko skins looks much better and fancier.

Yah ryt...
rofl2.gif

DarkSunDS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Deny all you want. I could also comment about the tasteless theme choices, but I refrained from doing so. Right now my impression of this is that you're trying to gain popularity by taking advantage of the few MoonShell 2 skins available and quickly putting some pictures together for the kids to enjoy.

Cropping is more effective than resizing through stretching. The icons you use are also horribly random, and throwing some random character faces for different file types is, how should I call that, lazy? A face has nothing to do with a text file or MP3, making a Dragon Quest-themed skin doesn't mean all of your images should be ripped from the game. Think of it as advice. Harsh advice.

janouis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
janouis said:
I converted the akatsuki skin into beta 5 heres the link... Akatsuki.skn beta 5 can u pls tell me if this skin works on beta 5? i can't get beta 5 to work on my DSTT... I can't test it... So i can update all my skins to work on acekard with moonshell 2 beta 5...tnx!Thanks for that - the bad news is that it doesn't work on an AK2i/Moonshell 2 beta 5/YSMenu combo (just don't ask why this combo - It's not my usual setup, it for someone else)

Moonshell locks up & I get the following error (this is only the last couple of lines)
QUOTESkinFile_Open(...);
Shell_FAT_fopen_Fullpath=/AKATSUKI.SKN
Header size=0x1254
Load Color table. [colortbl.ini]
.ine54 error.
current section [Filelist] unknown key=ID3
¬agtext value=ffffff

Application halted
I guess you used your existing graphics & compiled it with the 'Moonshell 2 beta 5' makeskin app ?
- could it be the naming of the graphics (or sizes) that's the probelm ??

Is there any chance you create a download link of the graphics so that myself (& others) can try for ourself ?? or are you worried about copyright etc

Many thanks again for the attempt

Sorry I hope u understand... Just got moonshell 2 beta 5 worked on my dstt..Here's the new link Akatsuki.skn I tested it and it works..
yaynds.gif

janouis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkSunDS said:
Deny all you want. I could also comment about the tasteless theme choices, but I refrained from doing so. Right now my impression of this is that you're trying to gain popularity by taking advantage of the few MoonShell 2 skins available and quickly putting some pictures together for the kids to enjoy.

Cropping is more effective than resizing through stretching. The icons you use are also horribly random, and throwing some random character faces for different file types is, how should I call that, lazy? A face has nothing to do with a text file or MP3, making a Dragon Quest-themed skin doesn't mean all of your images should be ripped from the game.

I'm not trying 2 gain popularity by making skins... I'm just happy making skins and share them to others..sorry i can't find many good images for dragon quest IX and don't be angry there's nothing personal on what I'm doing..
rofl2.gif

DarkSunDS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sure, but don't wave off negative criticism, because frankly it just looks ugly that way. As I said, you could just crop, as in select a part of the picture proportional to the necessary resolution of 256x192, instead of just resizing the whole picture, which makes the picture look squished and ugly.

janouis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkSunDS said:
Sure, but don't wave off negative criticism, because frankly it just looks ugly that way. As I said, you could just crop, as in select a part of the picture proportional to the necessary resolution of 256x192, instead of just resizing the whole picture, which makes the picture look squished and ugly.

At the top image??? the resolution of that image is 352x500 and i want the castle to be in there if i crop it only the half of the castle image is visible... anyway I'll try ur harsh advice.. and the icons i want it to be related to DQ IX and those faces are the only one that i got aside from slimies..

janouis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
janouis said:
Sorry I hope u understand... Just got moonshell 2 beta 5 worked on my dstt..Here's the new link Akatsuki.skn I tested it and it works..
yaynds.gif
Yep - that version also works on AK2i + moonshell 2 beta 5. So what was different between the two version then ??

I thought the first link doesn't work... so i uploaded the new link and this version is working for beta 5..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password