Question Site is randomly crashing for me

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
If your using the standard 32bit version, your likely running out of memory. This can happen when you got a lot of tabs open. 32bit version of Chrome can only address upto 2GB of RAM, this is a limitation of anything 32bit not just Chrome. It is not something you can fix, you can download and use the 64bit version of Chrome to delay this problem.

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
If your using the standard 32bit version, your likely running out of memory. This can happen when you got a lot of tabs open. 32bit version of Chrome can only address upto 2GB of RAM, this is a limitation of anything 32bit not just Chrome. It is not something you can fix, you can download and use the 64bit version of Chrome to delay this problem.
If I was running out of memory, I would be able to tell, so it's not that

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When viewing on mobile Chrome, the site won't crash, but it will lock up periodically when scrolling threads and even more so when writing a reply in the quick reply box. The keyboard becomes very unresponsive.

Reactions: Quantumcat

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I got a system with 128GB of RAM and pages crash all the time on the 32bit version of Chrome. If your referring to system messages of running out of RAM, Chrome, Windows, and Android all memory paging so you don't physically run out of memory space.

Untitled.png

When the flash plugin crashes, the cause has always been it ran out of allotted memory. The majority of pages that crash is due to running out of allotted memory. Scripts that require more memory over time can cause a page to crash.

The whole point is the 32bit version of Chrome sucks at memory management at longer periods of time when you run it.

---

When viewing on mobile Chrome, the site won't crash, but it will lock up periodically when scrolling threads and even more so when writing a reply in the quick reply box. The keyboard becomes very unresponsive.
Not being able to access the on screen keyboard IS an example of Android running out of memory.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a system with 128GB of RAM and pages crash all the time on the 32bit version of Chrome. If your referring to system messages of running out of RAM, Chrome, Windows, and Android all memory paging so you don't physically run out of memory space.

When the flash plugin crashes, the cause has always been it ran out of allotted memory. The majority of pages that crash is due to running out of allotted memory. Scripts that require more memory over time can cause a page to crash.

The whole point is the 32bit version of Chrome sucks at memory management at longer periods of time when you run it.

---

Not being able to access the on screen keyboard IS an example of Android running out of memory.
So it's a general performance issue then.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So it's a general performance issue then.
More or less. That is why when Android came out it had anywhere from 256-512MB of RAM and has only increased in RAM to the 2GB limit today. (4GB of RAM or more use a 64bit version of Android)

Back then the unresponsive keyboard issue was more prevailent. You don't see alot of this issue on today's android phones.

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo