Since when Reddit became wOKe / Twitter #2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My god, I've gotten banned from many subreddits by now because of "my jokes" (it's funny because I just post what I think without the intention of them being "jokes")

EDIT: For perspective purposes, have in mind that I've post far worse things in this site and I haven't been banned.

I'm new to it (Reddit), been there like a year and a half, but subs are filled with posts with the quality of those from Twitter.

I don't think this is how it was before, or was it?

Seems like I'm too late and missed all the fun... or those damn white knights teenagers are overtaking the internet.

Solution
I'm not surprised that a thread entitled "since when did reddit become woke?" turned into a debate about the validity of segregation.

This thread is a dumpster fire. [Closed]

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Btw OP, for a thread complaining about Reddit, it was a nice touch that you made it a question format thread so you can downvote the comments you don't like :rofl: Bigots have no sense of irony.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's certainly far more to this story. People don't get banned on social media for giving simple opinions. People get banned on social media for being complete assholes while giving their opinions. Let's see the offending posts that got you banned, then we can decide. Proof or you're just overreacting and butthurt.

Reactions: smf and hippy dave

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People don't get banned on social media for giving simple opinions. People get banned on social media for being complete assholes while giving their opinions.
Nah. As long as one is posting opinions, it's really only a matter of time before you run into someone with an axe to grind.

The solution is to not post opinions. I'm pretty convinced at this point that most of my opinions aren't worth very much anyway.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah. As long as one is posting opinions, it's really only a matter of time before you run into someone with an axe to grind.

The solution is to not post opinions. I'm pretty convinced at this point that most of my opinions aren't worth very much anyway.

I don't buy that and have never experienced that. People just don't get banned for giving simple opinions and partaking in polite debate. The solution is not to not post opinions, the solution is to not act like a jerkoff when doing so. Have I ever been a jerkoff in my comments? Absolutely. Have I ever had consequences for it? 100%. Have I ever had consequences for debating and NOT acting like an a-hole? Never. Not a single time.

Imo anyone who refers to things as "woke" is most likely just a crybaby who doesn't have a whole lot of morals to begin with. They actually seem to be offended at good morals and refer to them as "woke" culture. To those people, I'm sorry that others having some life standards hurts your feelings.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
The only way to do that is to never say anything.
If you can say anything without hurting others, maybe it is better to remain silent.
23152664922_26efb523f5_b.jpg

And when it comes to Reddit, that's not such a bad idea, really. Or Twitter. (Part of the "thrill" of Twitter is that on any given day, you might say something that could be completely wrenched out of context and amplified for the world to see, and the next thing you know you've lost your job and your family has disowned you.)
Yes, better save than sorry.
One can't. Wokes can't be spoken to, there's no point, black people can't be reasoned with, the vistim mentality and cultural rot runs too deep. You just leave them be and do what you want and live life how you wish.
Stay strong, better times will come. Not within our lifetime but they will come.
You're a real racist piece of shit, huh?
Please dont discriminate against diverse opinions amoung people of color. thx
He's acting a bit like a Critical Race Theorist thrown in a time capsule to the antebellum South.
What do you mean?
...Except that the Klan didn't openly lie about their own ideology when questioned, so that's out.
What klan?
That said, the supermods and remaining founders of Reddit have designed it this way. You could find a based subreddit that believes that truth dies in darkness, but it will be punished for that belief whilst subreddits dedicated to mass harassment get alorhythmially boosted for harassing the correct people. Why do you think the cathedral got so angry at Elon Musk for buying Twitter but not at Jeff Bezos for buying The Washington Post, or George Soros for making his fortune with Nazi gold?
Uuuuoooh that evil man Elon Musk.
I am going to say something highly offensive to the queer alphabet community:

Not all gay people are pedophiles. Pedophilia is actually a bad thing. Parents are right to not want nonces in classrooms.
What do you mean 'not all'?
Yes, but maybe if you listen you can come to a deeper understanding trancending human existance to a more peaceful cohabitation.

Don't sell yourself short.
I don't buy that and have never experienced that. People just don't get banned for giving simple opinions and partaking in polite debate. The solution is not to not post opinions, the solution is to not act like a jerkoff when doing so.
100% this.
Have I ever been a jerkoff in my comments? Absolutely. Have I ever had consequences for it? 100%. Have I ever had consequences for debating and NOT acting like an a-hole? Never. Not a single time.
Yes, if you just present your argument in a orderly fashion nothing will happen to you.
Imo anyone who refers to things as "woke" is most likely just a crybaby
who doesn't have a whole lot of morals to begin with.
They actually seem to be offended at good morals and refer to them as "woke" culture.
To those people, I'm sorry that others having some life standards hurts your feelings.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
No, explain why you tell me I'm "discriminating against diverse opinions among people of colour" by calling out a racist piece of shit who said "black people can't be reasoned with".
It's their discourse to figure out. Please don't dont invade so aggresivly into their buisness. Unless you are a individual of color yourself, then I am terribly sorry.

Respect the griot-spirit.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's their discourse to figure out. Please don't dont invade so aggresivly into their buisness. Unless you are a individual of color yourself, then I am terribly sorry.
Which "they" are you talking about here? I saw no indication of the ethnicity of the person who made the racist statement about black people, but it's irrelevant unless they're black, in which case they're just an idiot.

Why do you let the blatant racist statement against black people go by, but call me out in some incomprehensible way for saying that the racist person was racist? Either you have some pathological misunderstanding of what's being said, or you are a racism apologist. Guess what, that makes you a piece of shit too.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Which "they" are you talking about here? I saw no indication of the ethnicity of the person who made the racist statement about black people, but it's irrelevant unless they're black, in which case they're just an idiot.
Please do your research next time. He is a respectable person of color, a griot in my view.
Why do you let the blatant racist statement against black people go by,
Because it is their business not mine.
but call me out in some incomprehensible way for saying that the racist person was racist?
Because pointing out issues is part of a functional community, and I can respect that.
Either you have some pathological misunderstanding of what's being said, or you are a racism apologist.
The way you throw that term around it has no meaning.
Guess what, that makes you a piece of shit too.
No I am a honorable person.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please do your research next time. He is a respectable person of color, a griot in my view.

Because it is their business not mine.

Because pointing out issues is part of a functional community, and I can respect that.

The way you throw that term around it has no meaning.

No I am a honorable person.
Ok, nothing you say or do makes any sense. Based on that, I don't think you're a piece of shit, for the record - just a very confused weirdo.

KennyAtom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The majority of people can.

If you find that you are always offending people, then the problem is you.
in some circumstances, maybe.

most interactions on reddit/twitter/discord, most likely either someone getting offended for another group or just someone who got wedgied so many times in middle and high school that when they get power, for example, over a subreddit or a server, they abuse that power since they were so powerless back in high school.

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. I just have no patience for bigotry these days. The time for handling it with tact has long passed. Make bigots uncomfortable, all day every day.
Assuming you're making me uncomfortable, you overestimate your importance.

I doubt you care about any issue. It is all self serving because you lack control and significance so you try to find it by belittling those who don't agree with you.

remember, the left hates everyone, most of all themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare