Since when Reddit became wOKe / Twitter #2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My god, I've gotten banned from many subreddits by now because of "my jokes" (it's funny because I just post what I think without the intention of them being "jokes")

EDIT: For perspective purposes, have in mind that I've post far worse things in this site and I haven't been banned.

I'm new to it (Reddit), been there like a year and a half, but subs are filled with posts with the quality of those from Twitter.

I don't think this is how it was before, or was it?

Seems like I'm too late and missed all the fun... or those damn white knights teenagers are overtaking the internet.

Solution
I'm not surprised that a thread entitled "since when did reddit become woke?" turned into a debate about the validity of segregation.

This thread is a dumpster fire. [Closed]

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I'm well up for kindness, I do my best to give it when I can.
Except to bigots, obviously, because they're pieces of shit.
Okay. So I kindly ask you to consider the following.

Instead of hammering down on people calling them bigots, is it not better to part ways.

There are so mamny disagreements along so many lines that it would be better to let all those fractions dwell among themselves instead of forcing them together and to abide by your non-bigot standards. With this freedom of association people can do and say what ever they like without hurting eachother, because those who would be offended are fractured off.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
It all really depends on who is modding the subs though. If you browse /r/all it's not hard to find people being openly racist, especially towards Asian people for some reason. If you go in to the conservative subs you can say almost anything you want as long as it doesn't go against their narrative. If you do say something they don't like you'll be banned quickly. You can't blame reddit as a whole for that, it's up to the individual mods running the subs. Kinda weird you said that reddit wasn't like that before even though you're new to reddit and wouldn't know. If you don't like how other people are running their subs start your own. No one will stop you. There are subs out there distributing pirated Switch games and no one stops them. Anything goes unless a large number of people complain.
Again, you can't really say anything that people won't be hurt by.

I miss the days of the MW2 and BO1 lobbies, where you fucked everyone's mom at once. Kids today wouldn't survive in said lobbies.
I think you're giving the kids of the 2000s too much credit. As I recall kids would get quite upset when you told them that you fucked their mothers. That's exactly why people said it. If there was no reaction what's the point?

Last edited by CompSciOrBust,
Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think you're giving the kids of the 2000s too much credit. As I recall kids would get quit upset when you told them that you fucked their mothers. That's exactly why people said it. If there was no reaction what's the point?
Nowadays is: I like to fuck with your personal beliefs because once you find them challenged you'll get offended.

But that's just a fancy way to say it. Usually is just (just) sarcasm.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay. So I kindly ask you to consider the following.

Instead of hammering down on people calling them bigots, is it not better to part ways.

There are so mamny disagreements along so many lines that it would be better to let all those fractions dwell among themselves instead of forcing them together and to abide by your non-bigot standards. With this freedom of association people can do and say what ever they like without hurting eachother, because those who would be offended are fractured off.
Alright, I considered it :yay:

Sure, if the bigots were separated off somehow into their own little world and not causing the rest of the population harm on a regular basis, then yeah it would be fine to do nothing and let them get on with it.
People die every day due to bigotry. That emulator dev mentioned in the other thread was deliberately harassed to death by bigots, you decided to weigh in there but didn't have much helpful to say about that. Bigots, as a whole, cannot be left to keep doing what they're doing. You've heard the quote about all it takes for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing. If that's your goal, you're doing well.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Alright, I considered it :yay:

Sure, if the bigots were separated off somehow into their own little world and not causing the rest of the population harm on a regular basis, then yeah it would be fine to do nothing and let them get on with it.
Great, alot of people are pi***d of by the global banking system. What if we seperate that to its little corner where it belongs and than establish a place where people can hate on the global banking system as much as they want to. Like F**K you, you f**king global banking system, be global in you f**king corner you st***d f**ks! F**k off!
People die every day due to bigotry. That emulator dev mentioned in the other thread was deliberately harassed to death by bigots, you decided to weigh in there but didn't have much helpful to say about that. Bigots, as a whole, cannot be left to keep doing what they're doing. You've heard the quote about all it takes for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing. If that's your goal, you're doing well.
Well I think the idea that good people are able to challenge the evil is misguided. They just dont have the skillset.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great, alot of people are pi***d of by the global banking system. What if we seperate that to its little corner where it belongs and than establish a place where people can hate on the global banking system as much as they want to. Like F**K you, you f**king global banking system, be global in you f**king corner you st***d f**ks! F**k off!

Well I think the idea that good people are able to challenge the evil is misguided. They just dont have the skillset.
Ok, my first paragraph was clearly not an actual suggestion but illustrating why I disagreed with your proposal, but nice rant,I especially enjoyed the censoring of the word "stupid".

So you're giving up and deciding nobody can do anything to make anything better. I'm not gonna live that way. I'd recommend you don't either honestly, I stand by my advice of finding a doctor who will actually help you with your feelings of anxiety and helplessness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello