Hacking Simple question regarding IOS installation & game updates

Haxxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I have a quick question. I downgraded my 4.0 Wii using this guide, and since then, some of my games (Guitar Hero) have been asking for an update. I know Guitar hero requires a certain IOS to work, but the guide states "install all of the IOSes except IOS35." Is IOS35 the one needed for Guitar Hero? What would happen if I were to install it? (Would I lose any homebrew functionality?) Should I use the IOS (Un)installer or just run the update on the disc? It won't work if I just brickblock it, will it?

Thanks!

Haxxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming the IOS Downgrader I used in the guide puts me on 3.2. Will the games work without the update?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can see your version on the top right corner in the wii settings
Games will work without updating (since you had/have sys menu 4.0, you should have all needed IOS)
IOS downgrader itself does not install 3.2, so if thats all you ran, you will still have 4.0

Haxxy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran the Nintendo update to 4.0 a while back. I'll double check, but if Preloader isn't an option, then I'll just brickblock the discs. Thanks.

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all make sure which system menu you're on by going in the Wii's options. I'm not entirely sure on your IOS problem so I'd just install Gecko OS 1.9.01 and run the game through that. Gecko OS would just ignore the update needed and run the game. Then you can see for sure if your game is running without the required IOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: