Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonikkuTheGreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Well I guess I'll keep the game on my system for the hell of it.

And I'm trying to find this apparently-working N3DS beta version of rxTools but no luck... any link?

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got that nightly build from a link in this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/ (I'm linking to it because they might perhaps update it later with a newer build.

Just scroll down to the "Installing MenuHax, rxTools and CtrBootManager" section where they have two links to the nightly builds (you'll probably have to use the mirror.)

(By the way, the firmware files weren't correctly downloaded by the batch file for me. I ran the Python script as in previous versions and it worked just fine, so I recommend that really.)

Last edited by Nazosan,

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
black screen when running sysupdater via ironhax and via cubic ninja .... any ideas anyone... i dont get any options [y]

edit--

app works now, its runnin w/ y option hopefully it works fine.

so far it says... getting cia file informations.... and some errors failing to get cia file info... i hope that is normal

Last edited by Pecrow,

alxpt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just downgraded my 3dsxl, first time got ""Failed to get CIA file info!", rebooted the console, tried again and everything went smoothly. :)

Reactions: Pecrow

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit, that was much easier than I expected. No bricks as far as I can tell, freshly downgraded. Thanks a lot for the tutorial, and the video, might I add that the accent is rather interesting.

EDIT. Note: it was on O3DS, I should've mentioned.

Last edited by RustInPeace,

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just successfully downgraded N3DS Hyrule Edition from 10.3 to 9.2! Now to learn what all can be done with N3DS since apparently O3DS stuff doesn't all work :P

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finally worked. After a day at it.

First attempts in the morning were using menuhax. Then I moved onto OOThax in the afternoon, and just went back to menuhax in the last hour. Did the ftbrony suggestion (start it, spam b when you see the pony, to exit), then kick off sysupdater. Worked immediately and got it finally installing CIA files, after hanging, black screening, or "CIA read error". Walked away to grab a coffee while it was installing CIAs, came back in 2 mins to homescreen at 9.2. New3DS XL

Last edited by ddurdle,

Zeusophilus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgrade success!

System: o3DS XL

Former FW: 10.3.0-28U

Current FW: 9.2.0-20U

Entry point used: Menuhax

I Initially failed at least 50 times trying to downgrade. But another mac user in this thread pointed out that macs created a lot of junk files in the updates folder. So, I opened up CTRXplorer, and, sure enough, there were 126 junk files that all prepended with "._"

So if you used a mac to transfer your cia files to your sd, open up CTRxplorer (or any other file browser) and delete every file in the updates folder that starts with "._" DO NOT DELETE ANY OTHER CIA FILES, ONLY FILES MARKED WITH "._"

After I deleted those files, I successfully downgraded (seemingly anyways) to 9.2, ON MY FIRST TRY!

Last edited by Zeusophilus,
Reactions: Pecrow

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a related question.... Ignoring, for the moment, that I should have thought of this before downgrading...

To do a system transfer from my o3DS emunand to this one....should one upgrade to 10.3, do the system transfer, then downgrade back to 9.2 or is it better to do the emunand to emunand process (which, I've read, can be a pain). Just curious if anyone has any insight on this! ^_^

gangs_08

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
is it possible to install fbi to emunand? (to start it with the app | not through homebrew launcher) any guide?

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can tell you the one in the first post of this thread worked on my 10.3 2DS system.

EDIT: Then again, looking at my files, no I'm just not sure if I used it or the official 0.4.1 release. I think it was the one from the first post though.

Last edited by Nazosan,

solitonmedic

Double Trouble
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SysUpdater is not reading .cia files. Can't downgrade.
Files are on /updates right at the root of my microSD. What seems to be the problem?

On N3DS 10.3-23U using OoTHax.

Specific error information:

"Getting CIA file informations...

titleException:
main.cpp:154: Result 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!"

Last edited by solitonmedic,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!