Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
Its still not working...I really want to downgrade but I keep getting the "Failed to get CIA file info"

The problem with that error is that there are several potential causes. It may be that you are trying to use the cia files for the wrong type of 3ds [o3ds on n3ds and vice versa], it may be that you are on a Mac and it's inserting system files when you extract/copy the files to the sd card. It may also be that it's failing to get access to the services it needs and that you need to restart and try again.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with that error is that there are several potential causes. It may be that you are trying to use the cia files for the wrong type of 3ds [o3ds on n3ds and vice versa], it may be that you are on a Mac and it's inserting system files when you extract/copy the files to the sd card. It may also be that it's failing to get access to the services it needs and that you need to restart and try again.
I am using a mac. How can I stop this from happening? Should I use an outside application?

Pingu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not working for me...Thanks anyways. I will not stop. I will find a solution
iv heard that if you take out you game cart when doing startign the sysuptate might help im haveing the same prob as u btw PLZ let me know if you find a soulition!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah kinda, was trying for a couple hours. used different sysupdaters etc.
What I finally got it working with is using menuhax, and the sysupdater from the OP.
hey can u link the sysuptae that u uesed thasnks

dazindude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iv heard that if you take out you game cart when doing startign the sysuptate might help im haveing the same prob as u btw PLZ let me know if you find a soulition!

hey can u link the sysuptae that u uesed thasnks
they used the one on the first page

Omenien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this help with the cant find cia info error

I didn't format my SD card and received the CIA Info Error twice. On the 17th try of launching the Homebrew Launcher and going in to FTBrony and then to sysUpdater it worked. (N3DS XL Hyrule Edition, 10.3.0-28U)

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
I am using a mac. How can I stop this from happening? Should I use an outside application?

It's been mentioned many times throughout this thread but i'm having trouble tracking it down, don't own a Mac, apparently transferring the files via FTP instead will stop this from happening, all I can find atm.

kangaroogreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't format my SD card and received the CIA Info Error twice. On the 17th try of launching the Homebrew Launcher and going in to FTBrony and then to sysUpdater it worked. (N3DS XL Hyrule Edition, 10.3.0-28U)
Woooooo just tried this and it's finally working on around my 10th try. Don't give up guys! Keep going!

Av448

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Are you kidding me....I'm on a 2DS and it ain't working...This is like my 100th try, no joke

man be careful if you are using a 2DS... i believe it bricks if you downgrade to 4.5 or something like that, it will ask you to turn on the 3D slider but you obviously don't have one do you... and you won't be able to get past that screen until you turn it on.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I WENT INTO CYBER DUCK (AN EXTERNAL PROGRAM THAT DELETES FILES) AND DELETED FILES MY MAC PUT ON THERE!

I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I WENT INTO CYBER DUCK (AN EXTERNAL PROGRAM THAT DELETES FILES) AND DELETED FILES MY MAC PUT ON THERE!
I love you all. Kisses. Moi. My rants are done

UltraHurricane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i've been trying to downgrade my N3DS for an hour and sysUpdater refuses to work (i only get a black screen whenever i tired to open it) and i've tried to open it on several entry point already Ninjahax/menuhax/browserhax/ironhax

Pingu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I love you all. Kisses. Moi. My rants are done
WTF HOW CAN I HAVE THE LINK TO WHAT U UESED HELP ME MAN

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF HOW CAN I HAVE THE LINK TO WHAT U UESED HELP ME MAN
Look up Filezilla. Look in the updates folder and if there is ANYTHING in your updates folder that starts with ._ or just . DELETE THE CRAP OUT OF IT

Pingu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where do i look this up

EDIT nvm i google it lol so how do i use this

Last edited by Pingu,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum