Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticEspeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys :)
I'm on old 3DS XL 10.3 with Ninjhax2.5 and I have a few questions, just to be sure. I want to downgrade mainly for hacking Pokémon Picross, save cannot be extracted on >=9.2 systems (you need SaveDataFiler). So... If I downgrade, will I lose all my data? Like softwares installed into the SD (Pokémon Picross included)?
And what do I need (apart removing DNSs) in case of brick?

The slight chance of bricking scares me a little :(

TBreaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Any way to find out if my downgraded was 100% successfully?
I'm getting installation failed on rxTools and now I fear my downgrade could be messed up :(
I don't know if this could be NATIVE_FIRM or whatever that wasn't downgraded correctly.
HBL is working fine via browserhax btw. EmuNAND9Tool did also work.

EDIT: nvm fixed it, I think

Last edited by TBreaker,

raizeny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't install rxtools, so I'm trying to update from 9.0.0 to 10.3 with the recovery mode, but it's been like that for hours and it's not even 1%, that's not normal
Do I need some file so it can online update again?

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for answering so fast!. really cleared a lot of my doubts, where can I get that KTM App when it's ready?.

Also I have one last question, my wifi has password, let's say I do the downgrading process (Which I won't until there's a safe method but I wanna be sure). Some have saved their 3DS from bricks by entering recovery mode and downloading the last update. If this happens, my 3ds still has access to my wifi password while in bricked state right?.

As Ryu said, your wifi details are perfectly safe.

Here's a link to his twitter feed: https://twitter.com/JustPingo

SteveIce & the various other devs working on it will doubtlessly improve it as time goes on. It wasn't really supposed to be available in this state which is why its currently fairly unreliable.

Last edited by Santaros,

raizeny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm on old 3DS XL 10.3 with Ninjhax2.5 and I have a few questions, just to be sure. I want to downgrade mainly for hacking Pokémon Picross, save cannot be extracted on >=9.2 systems (you need SaveDataFiler). So... If I downgrade, will I lose all my data? Like softwares installed into the SD (Pokémon Picross included)?

I'm not pretty sure, but if you backup your SD, I think you won't lose anything

Reactions: MysticEspeon

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country

No you won't, downgrading doesn't clear any data stored on your NAND [unsure about badges they are linked to your NNID, but were introduced in 9.3 so possibly]. Be aware though that if you go the CFW route, you will be required to do a full system format to unlink your sys and emunand. Anything you want to back up [that you can] needs to be done before that.

In case of a brick there really isn't anything else you can do, triple check that your cia pack is the right FW, and for the right type of 3ds [o3ds or n3ds], and that you are using the latest version of SysUpdater, then go for it if you think it's worth a shot.

Last edited by Santaros,
Reactions: MysticEspeon

Cornelius9013

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literally just joined to say THANK YOU to everyone who has made this possible. 5 hours later ~lol~ New3DSXL 10.3 -> 9.2.0-20U confirmed. Now just what to do...lol

Checkmarc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this. I was able to downgrade to 9.2-20u using menuhax. Browserhax didn't work for me after a lot of tries, so if some of you are encountering some trouble, try using a different entry point.

Also, just to confirm, has anyone been able to use this to downgrade to 4.5-ish?

yugopotamia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Downgraded my 2nd console :D

o3ds 10.3.0-28J > 9.2.0-20J took 10 tries. formatted 3ds and sd card before.

The problem is the app freezes before Getting CIA Files Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: