Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

julian20

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a problem... During the downgrade proccess it gives me a error that made me to turn it down. After turning on, still working in 9.2 but without the native_firm ¿what should i do? ¿Update and downgrade again?
Sorry, bad english
Use SAFEMODE. Press L+R+A+DPAD-UP+POWER to boot into SAFEMODE and update your 3ds

amitors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guys, I had a problem doing the downgrade. While doing the downgrade, my 3DS froze with "Getting CIA file informations..." in the screen, for like 5 minutes. I thought that was froze and I rebooted the console. While trying to turn it on and enter in menuhax my 3ds was with a black screen and it was froze there, I turn it off and try it again. The same. I don't know what happended, I bricked my console? There is something that I can do? My Console is a O3DS with 10.3.0-28U firmware and I downloaded the cias of 9.2 U for O3DS.

JacerX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last thing...DO NOT use the ttp files for downgrading on a n3ds. Make sure you get the zip file version.

TylerSGman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a Mac? I had the same problem and fix it using blueHarvest to clean the extra ._ files

Edit: damn phone, didn't quote anyone..

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the same problem with files extracted from OSX, I rebooted on Windows 10, extracted the file again, copy it on my microSD.

Doesn't work, still the CIA info thing...

julian20

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guys, I had a problem doing the downgrade. While doing the downgrade, my 3DS froze with "Getting CIA file informations..." in the screen, for like 5 minutes. I thought that was froze and I rebooted the console. While trying to turn it on and enter in menuhax my 3ds was with a black screen and it was froze there, I turn it off and try it again. The same. I don't know what happended, I bricked my console? There is something that I can do? My Console is a O3DS with 10.3.0-28U firmware and I downloaded the cias of 9.2 U for O3DS.
Use SAFEMODE. Press L+R+A+DPAD-UP+POWER to boot into SAFEMODE and update your 3ds

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

An error occured bla bla bla when booting without SD....

Khaeroth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello pals. I have a few questions.
First: I have a USA N3DS Ver. 10.3.0-28U
-This works in my 3DS?
-What do you lose when you downgrade?
-What do you need to do the downgrade?

Thanks (:

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having this screen
H4rwCcJOr9A.jpg
and then Failed to get CIA file info!
No #1 or any others.
Is this normal?

Reactions: Boogieboo6

mirzazafran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Noob question incoming.
when you get the 'Failed to get cia file info' thing do you reboot or do you just exit sysupdater and reenter?

julian20

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this should be the latest working build as of 20:06 GMT:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ngrading-your-3ds.407888/page-95#post-5923820
Yep (8

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok this question is stupid but i discover this method only now. I go for downgrade my EUR system in 9.2.0-20. The question is: wat cfw i can install?
Use google there is a complete custom firmware guide thread

Reactions: mooglazer

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How I am supposed to use a hax entry when I was in 10.1.. My hax don't work on 10.3 ( oot and iron )
Thank you very much for your help

Go for browserhax first, after that you can fix ironhax, oot, menuhax, anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof