Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaladroitJoypad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
MaladroitJoypad said:
I finally did the downgrade via menuhax, but when I try to play my import japanese game, it just blackscreens with the launcher and yellow screens me with HANS. Any ideas?

The launcher still wont work, any solution? Should I replace all homebrew files on my SD Card with 9.2 stuff and start over? Pls, I really need some help, tho. ^^

Last edited by MaladroitJoypad,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are old or new 3DS? If old, I suggest using menuhax - it should always work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Old.
No it doesnt.
The phantom softbrick has plagued my console. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING.

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone managed to get past the error:

titleException:
main.cpp:108: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!

Tried via Menuhax, Ironhax, OOThax and Browserhax with this error each time. Using the 9.2.0-20E(Full)_n3DS from the iso site with 102 files.

Are you on a PC or Mac, assuming you have the correct cia's, some people were getting this error because their Mac was inserting system files that were stopping it from working.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you on a PC or Mac, assuming you have the correct cia's, some people were getting this error because their Mac was inserting system files that were stopping it from working.
On a PC, I'm assuming they're the correct ones. Tried to redownload them, and the link is down at the moment.

D

Deleted User

I'll try downgrading without the 0004001000022F00.cia (SAFE_MODE System Updater), I think I can't get a full brick if I leave SAFE_MODE unchanged.

If it's not too late, I strongly suggest following instructions exactly for the highest chance of success. I don't think creating your own method is a safe idea.

Corey12901

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone managed to get past the error:

titleException:
main.cpp:108: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!

Tried via Menuhax, Ironhax, OOThax and Browserhax with this error each time. Using the 9.2.0-20E(Full)_n3DS from the iso site with 102 files.

I'm in the same boat as you, but with us firmware and have triple checked that I'm downloading the right cia's. On pc not mac. Only thing I haven't tried is grabbing the cia's out of pingos .ttp file.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No it doesnt.
The phantom softbrick has plagued my console. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING.
You issue has to be a software one. I would think it would get past the Bootrom if it tells you to power off. It would be tedious. But I think a full system format is in order. You should be able to relink your nnid later to retrieve lost software, and there are tools to backup saves as well.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Well we have to format anyways to unlink the nands, so you can do it now..
edit: i think i misunderstand, you wanna format when you have the black screen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44