Hacking Homebrew Switch stopped booting to hekate or emunand

MicWasTaken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi. I desperately need help or guidance.

When I tried to boot into hekate to make sure it works before selling it off I ran into some issues.

Instead of booting into hekate the switch ignored that step and booted straight to ofw. After that I couldn't get back into the emunand or hekate.

It boots into OFW no matter what and the modchip glows red without flickering, which either means that it's not installed correctly, or the emmc is bad.

I've had this switch modchipped for a year now. I do not believe that it could just fail on me a year later (like some soldering suddenly saying bye). This doesn't seem realistic.

When booting without the sd card I don't get the NO SD screen with the starship minigame on it either.

So here I am. Stuck with this thing. I was supposed to meet with my buyer tomorrow. My grandpa is sick and I need this cash for him. I have no idea what to do and decided to seek help from smarter people, lol. Came here. Please help🙏

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the modchip glows red
Is it an oled model? If so the emmc dat0 adapter is loose. Happened to a lot of people, the dat0 adapter would get oxidized over time and can't make good contact with the solder ball. Some people get it the next day after modchip installation, some get it 1-2 months later and some may never have this issue. I started desoldering the emmc chip and soldering wire directly to dat0 pad after some re-services. A reflow with dat0 adapter in place also helps.

Anyway, it's not a hard fix, but you need to disassemble the console, take the emmc adapter out and clean it with some alcohol, then reinstall it. It's not a proper fix and it may fail the next day, so I recommend getting the emmc reflowed by a professional. Your local repair shop should be able to help you

MicWasTaken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Is it an oled model? If so the emmc dat0 adapter is loose. Happened to a lot of people, the dat0 adapter would get oxidized over time and can't make good contact with the solder ball. Some people get it the next day after modchip installation, some get it 1-2 months later and some may never have this issue. I started desoldering the emmc chip and soldering wire directly to dat0 pad after some re-services. A reflow with dat0 adapter in place also helps.

Anyway, it's not a hard fix, but you need to disassemble the console, take the emmc adapter out and clean it with some alcohol, then reinstall it. It's not a proper fix and it may fail the next day, so I recommend getting the emmc reflowed by a professional. Your local repair shop should be able to help you.
No. It's a v2

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. It's a v2
Then this shouldn't happen.. your switch boots to ofw so your emmc is ok, and the modchip just taps to the signals passed through it. Maybe something's wrong with your modchip, if it's flashable try to update to latest firmware

MicWasTaken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Then this shouldn't happen.. your switch boots to ofw so your emmc is ok, and the modchip just taps to the signals passed through it. Maybe something's wrong with your modchip, if it's flashable try to update to latest firmware

I got in touch with a local modder. He's asking for 70$ for this repair (he didn't tell me what the repair is about, just the price) and I'm going for it. I don't have the money so I have him my laptop promising to pay after I sell lol.

This entire situation is very tragic and comedic at the same time. But I hope it turns out well)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I got in touch with a local modder. He's asking for 70$ for this repair (he didn't tell me what the repair is about, just the price) and I'm going for it. I don't have the money so I have him my laptop promising to pay after I sell lol.

This entire situation is very tragic and comedic at the same time. But I hope it turns out well)
its sure the "repair" is to redo the modchip installation,

MicWasTaken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
its sure the "repair" is to redo the modchip installation,
Do you think it's going to work or no?

I honestly just want to be done with it. I don't care how much he wants. I just want to sell this thing, pay him off and never look back. This modchip had me terrified of bricking for a whole year. Every firmware update, every interface installation, every crash made me lose so much sleep lmao

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Do you think it's going to work or no?

I honestly just want to be done with it. I don't care how much he wants. I just want to sell this thing, pay him off and never look back. This modchip had me terrified of bricking for a whole year. Every firmware update, every interface installation, every crash made me lose so much sleep lmao
If no other parts of the Swicht are bad which seems to be the case because the MMC is working and OFC loading, yes change of the chip or redo the installation will solve the problem.

MicWasTaken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
If no other parts of the Swicht are bad which seems to be the case because the MMC is working and OFC loading, yes change of the chip or redo the installation will solve the problem.
That's great news! Thanks for the reassurance. It'll help me sleep tonight haha

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya