Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rpy360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Started the app, and hit Y to downgrade.

Is there any sort of progress bar? The 3DS doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Working on a o3DS XL

Last edited by Rpy360,
Reactions: PayJi

RhythmCat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Started the app, and hit Y to downgrade.

Is there any sort of progress bar? The 3DS doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Working on a o3DS XL

It froze. Retry with another entrypoint. You can also enter and quit an app and access sysUpdater after that.

milotic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi..
I feel very stupid but even though I checked md5 for the 9.2 update what I didn't realized is that I took o3ds version instead of new 3ds version..
So of course my 3ds is bricked now and I can't get into recovery so is there any way to unbrick it ?

Tescowiec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi..
I feel very stupid but even though I checked md5 for the 9.2 update what I didn't realized is that I took o3ds version instead of new 3ds version..
So of course my 3ds is bricked now and I can't get into recovery so is there any way to unbrick it ?

No unless you did a NAND backup before bricking and have a hardmod.

Downgrading with wrong files is like dropping a nuke on your 3ds.

Onyxflamegod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have the Fire Emblem N3ds, and the proper downgrade files but the last time I downgraded I was able to flash back to 10.3 the couple times it went wrong. I'm in no particular hurry to downgrade it right now, however. Would it be best if I just wait a bit till the sysupdater is a bit more reliable, to risk not needing a hard mod? Just want to cover my bases because it's why I wanted that console.

DarthSully

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Without NAND Backup no chance. You can still downgrade on 10.6 via hardmod

How am i supposed to make a nand backup of a system that ran 10.3 from the start :/.

Are you sure? Is there any workaround? I really wanted to hack this Hyrule Gold N3ds for my girlfriend lol.

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How am i supposed to make a nand backup of a system that ran 10.3 from the start :/.

Are you sure? Is there any workaround? I really wanted to hack this Hyrule Gold N3ds for my girlfriend lol.

You can do anytime a backup of your nand by hardmod, but now it's useless. Hold L+R+Up+A while power on and update to 10.6, if it boots. hardmod or nothing thats all you have left

DarthSully

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can do anytime a backup of your nand by hardmod, but now it's useless. Hold L+R+Up+A while power on and update to 10.6, if it boots. hardmod or nothing thats all you have left

Any guides for a hardmod? Here's me hoping that somewhere in the future, we can downgrade again.

Onyxflamegod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks but I can't even enter the web browser with my n3ds wifi off.
Open the browser and nothing will load. Use this opportunity to set the URL in your bar. It should still be able to take a URL. THen you power off your DS, power it back on, turn your wifi on (I just changed my wifi password to the wrong one to disable it and changed it back to re-enable it) go to the browser ASAP, and reload the page. It should load the payload before it loads the nagware.

drjulittle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm that the md5 has changed for the new 3ds USA and is not N3DS 9.2.0-20U:
MD5:e5f40c3b155cfd12ef38be35d2e81d2e

??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also every website I've downloaded from has had md5:
e6339468a1e82b1d50e9222f017c0477

Is this confirmed working for the Cia update files on the n3ds usa?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Just want to let people know that if you're fortunate enough find a new/old 3ds on 9.4, there is a much safer method to downgrade now (with cia sysupdater).
miniPasta2

Last edited by zoogie,

DannyJune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It said can't get cia information when I enter sysupdate and press Y. I did put the updates in the SD card. I wonder if it is the problem of the SD card, it is a SanDisk SDHC 32G card.

Lazyjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It said can't get cia information when I enter sysupdate and press Y. I did put the updates in the SD card. I wonder if it is the problem of the SD card, it is a SanDisk SDHC 32G card.
It seems like sysupdater has problems with SD card access. Opening and closing another application before starting sysupdater seems to help, but not always.
Starting and exiting ftBrony (included in the homebrew starter pack) and then launching sysupdater helped many people.

I personally had success with zoogie's "Downgrade Check 2.0"
https://gbatemp.net/threads/potenti...after-downgrading.410075/page-10#post-6006406
After more than 30 "failed to get CIA info" or freezes it finally worked after I (accidentally) openend/closed the downgrade check beforehand.

This is not guaranteed to work, but I think simply opening any homebrew app before sysupdater improves the chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo