Hacking Simple Cheat Code Loader

Onion_Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I know. But do I need to write it with brackets? ([1079837C] - 354) FFFFFFFF?

@Onion_Knight will tell you, he's developing this :P

The syntax will be [[xxxxxxxx] +/-] +/- ffffffff

Examples:
[[2345235A] + 32] - 21 0000ffff is a valid code
[[2345235A]] 0000ffff is a valid code
2345235A 0000ffff
[2345235A] - 12 0000ffff

Right the I'm parsing up two pointer references deep. I'm still experimenting with various ways to parse the data to be more efficient.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get this working with loadiine. I have the version of pygecko that works with loadiine here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-pygecko-for-loadiine-by-golden45.399825/ but I can't get it to work. I followed the directions the post lists to run it, but once I'm in the game I run cheat.py but I get the error cheat.py line 1, in <module> from tcpgecko import * ImportError: No such module names tcpgecko. Is there an obvious step I'm missing here?

Onion_Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to get this working with loadiine. I have the version of pygecko that works with loadiine here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-pygecko-for-loadiine-by-golden45.399825/ but I can't get it to work. I followed the directions the post lists to run it, but once I'm in the game I run cheat.py but I get the error cheat.py line 1, in <module> from tcpgecko import * ImportError: No such module names tcpgecko. Is there an obvious step I'm missing here?

cheat.py needs to be run from inside the same folder as Pygeck. Download the zip from here:

https://github.com/wiiudev/pyGecko

and move cheat.py into the directory.

Reactions: eco95

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I already had it there, but apparently the pygecko folder that comes in the Definitve Package didn't have all the necessary files. After extracting everything from that zip you linked me to into the pygecko folder, it worked.

ioritree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
[115C9044 + AA4] [[115C9044 + AA8]] can't work ,just want to get pointer address value to be "val"
[115C9044 + AA4] current hp address
[115C9044 + AA8] max hp address

eco95

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
@Onion_Knight

Dear Onion_Knight,

could you please update this simple cheat code loader to work with your LoadiineV4 + Pygecko?

I tried the game "Tekken" with LoadiineV4 + Pygecko + cheat loader,

Using cheats.txt to poke once and have effect.

Then, the game kept "Loading" and wouldn't go to the next battle.

Thank you so much in advanced!

cheats.txt

#Tekken USA
#P1 Inf. Health
10D87DD0 00B40000
10D87DD4 00B40000

P.s. Maybe this problem is caused by LoadiineV4+Pygecko, not simple cheat loader.

^_^ Thanks so much again~

Last edited by eco95,

Onion_Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@Onion_Knight

Dear Onion_Knight,

could you please update this simple cheat code loader to work with your LoadiineV4 + Pygecko?

I tried the game "Tekken" with LoadiineV4 + Pygecko + cheat loader,

Using cheats.txt to poke once and have effect.

Then, the game kept "Loading" and wouldn't go to the next battle.

Thank you so much in advanced!

cheats.txt

#Tekken USA
#P1 Inf. Health
10D87DD0 00B40000
10D87DD4 00B40000

P.s. Maybe this problem is caused by LoadiineV4+Pygecko, not simple cheat loader.

^_^ Thanks so much again~

I've been meaning to fix this for awhile. Its the recheats trying to apply when a level is loading, it causes the game to hang. I'll fix it this weekend..its not a simple fix for such a simple loader.

Reactions: eco95

eco95

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I've been meaning to fix this for awhile. Its the recheats trying to apply when a level is loading, it causes the game to hang. I'll fix it this weekend..its not a simple fix for such a simple loader.

Thank you so so much for replying and helping me.

I am already a big fan of yours! ^_^ You ROCK!

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Onion_Knight I just launched this for the first time in quite a while, and suddenly I get errors out the wazoo.
Edit: Never mind. I've always been so careful with my cheats.txt and recheats.txt files up until now that I never encountered an error due to an unescaped comment (i.e. non-code) line. That was apparently my problem.

Last edited by Ailuros27,
Reactions: Onion_Knight

Onion_Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@Onion_Knight I just launched this for the first time in quite a while, and suddenly I get errors out the wazoo.
Edit: Never mind. I've always been so careful with my cheats.txt and recheats.txt files up until now that I never encountered an error due to an unescaped comment (i.e. non-code) line. That was apparently my problem.
Glady you found the problem :-)

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. But I have another odd problem. Pretty sure it's not a stupid noob problem this time, either. I was using several codes for Hyrule Warriors for several hours without any problems, yesterday. Then, towards the end of my play session, I decided the codes I was using would work better in recheats.txt instead of having to pause and poke them every so often. I managed to play through an entire Adventure Mode mission using recheats without any problem. But today, I tried the exact same thing without making any modifications to the code text files, and it always seems that something locks up or stops working shortly after starting a level. The codes just stop working, and when I press the home button to exit to the home menu, the entire system locks up and I have to do a hard shut down. I'm pretty sure it wasn't doing that when I pressed home yesterday, and the codes worked pretty well, too. I haven't changed anything on my computer or the code files, so what gives?

Onion_Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah. But I have another odd problem. Pretty sure it's not a stupid noob problem this time, either. I was using several codes for Hyrule Warriors for several hours without any problems, yesterday. Then, towards the end of my play session, I decided the codes I was using would work better in recheats.txt instead of having to pause and poke them every so often. I managed to play through an entire Adventure Mode mission using recheats without any problem. But today, I tried the exact same thing without making any modifications to the code text files, and it always seems that something locks up or stops working shortly after starting a level. The codes just stop working, and when I press the home button to exit to the home menu, the entire system locks up and I have to do a hard shut down. I'm pretty sure it wasn't doing that when I pressed home yesterday, and the codes worked pretty well, too. I haven't changed anything on my computer or the code files, so what gives?

If you try to apply cheats during a cut scene, GX2WaitForVsync will fail and the gecko thread will crash...when it crashes the game becomes unable to continue. So if your applyin recheats that are level-based...ie damage taken, time, potion..those things, they will fail and crash. Also, specifically, when playing Hyrule Warriors, when the level is over, the save contents from the level are copied out over to the save game file...if the recheats applys when this occurs, you lock the game because you've got two writes in the same memory area and you can crash the system. I only recommend recheats at this point during the level and would disconnect the cheats.py from the Wii U before cut scenes. At some point, I will actually write something that does this correctly, probably when I port Gecko to GX2 and slap a GUI and fix these kind've issues. But since I'm not actually using it, I don't typically run into these issues.

Reactions: Ailuros27 and eco95

Onion_Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@Onion_Knight
Well, this is about to be redundant when real time cheats are fully developed so if you'd like to help out in some way, it would be great. :)

I've been checking the thread out. :-) I don't write Java though, I may add Cosmo's codehandler to GX2 to give it a run at some point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Now its being detected as 2mb lol