Silent Hill stream announced for October 19th

1666017717875.png

On October 16th, several of the official social media websites for Silent Hill, including the official ones by Konami, started uploading a particular "Silent Hill" image, stirring excitement among Silent Hill fans that have been eager for any kind of announcement about the franchise ever since the highly praised PT teaser demo released all the way in 2014.

Both Konami and Silent Hill official sites then announced a streaming event (or transmission as they call it), where they will announce the latest updates about the Silent Hill franchise. The stream itself is scheduled for October 19th, 2022 at 2pm PDT.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They will announce a new game in the making to release in 2028 that will be delayed 2 more years after that, need a huge 60gb day 1 patch just to play it, be riddled with micro transactions and give some new remakes of 1,2,3 that are nothing but cheesy ports of the original.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If all they're going to say is, we are jumping on the remake band wagon then I'm not interested.

I would like to see remake of the first simply because the ps1 version doesn't exactly hold up that good these days. Whereas silent hill 2, 3 and 4 still hold up pretty good even on the original hardware.

Or if you know how, you can port it yourself to ps4 and it looks just as good as the so called HD remastered.

If they announce a new game I would wonder if it will be the original team behind the original titles or some new team that will likely give us a crap title like home coming and downpour.

They team will have high expectations considering kojima's short demo managed to change everything about silent hill and was freaky as hell and actually managed to scare gamers.

Which is the whole point of horror games, not the crap we get these days where its more or less a run and shoot action game with monsters in the dark, doesnt make it a horror game.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really want it to be a new entry in the series, naturally, but I’m tempering my expectations because I have a horrible feeling it’ll be one of their, maximum profits, minimum effort type of ‘collection’ releases. Or maybe a remaster, god knows, but not long to wait now.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, only yesterday I found out that it is possible to play the P.T. demo on a Ps5
https://wololo.net/2022/10/16/it-is-possible-to-run-p-t-on-a-hacked-ps5-but/
That's cool.

On an OFW 9.60 PS4 (when it was the current version), I had to change the DNS and activate a program on the PC so that I could download the demo on the PS4. Wtf, it's on the Download History so we should just be able to download freely as is, but Konami has applied this roadblock.

I don't trust Konami nowadays. They ruined PES which was a solid soccer game, Metal Gear Solid with that zombie game, gambling machines, etc. That being said, they do want us to trust them again.. that'll be hard.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Konami, please don't disappoint w/ your showings come 10/19 (even though that's what I'm expecting)... If it's gonna be an announcement for a SH Pachinko machine, I'm fvcking boycotting you mf's, lmao 😅😆😂

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.