PCSX2 HD texture pack group

Silent Hill 2 Greatest Hits HD CANCELLED and goodbye

LuismaSP89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No, you are right, the previous has much saturation, i look in other parts and is too much, as you say you can add with reshade, but honestly the target of all thisis to not using reshade, in last case only the internal brightess slider, but the brightness not convinced me yet, i insist with the text in the toilet it must be visible, i need to check again, my monitor is calibrated but after the process the texture always tends to dark a bit.

The screenshots given by the emu are in 4.3 i manually adjusted the proportion, maybe is wrong, or the lower overscan was activated i cant remember.
Yes, on this case the easiest option and non-external software dependant is to use the internal PCSX2's config. Adjusting the desired brightness, contrast and saturation and let the user decide it.

1658172071067.png

Reactions: JuanchoTexHD

alt_Human

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The screenshots given by the emu are in 4.3 i manually adjusted the proportion, maybe is wrong, or the lower overscan was activated i cant remember.

I think maybe should not have manually adjusted the proportion. I checked in PCSX2 and your screens are stretched vertically for sure. If the lower overscan was enabled it would vertically squish the image, but they're stretched. :)

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
People i need help, i found a cli program to extract and reinsert the tga font files https://github.com/belek666/fontsh234 works for pc xbox and ps2 version but i cant make to work, i read some commands but dont work something is wrong in the syntax, with this i can add a new font to patch the iso and have a complete hd pack, if anyone can lend a hand I will be grateful to you

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
People i need help, i found a cli program to extract and reinsert the tga font files https://github.com/belek666/fontsh234 works for pc xbox and ps2 version but i cant make to work, i read some commands but dont work something is wrong in the syntax, with this i can add a new font to patch the iso and have a complete hd pack, if anyone can lend a hand I will be grateful to you
your not the only one who got problems with that tool it seems at the moment the only working version is the sh2 e3 version
https://github.com/belek666/fontsh234/issues/7

but you could also try the the sh textur explorer
https://www.silenthillmemories.net/sh2/modding_en.htm

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
your not the only one who got problems with that tool it seems at the moment the only working version is the sh2 e3 version
https://github.com/belek666/fontsh234/issues/7

but you could also try the the sh textur explorer
https://www.silenthillmemories.net/sh2/modding_en.htm
Thanks but those tools are for pc version, the only tool working for ps2 is that by belek666, but the guy is no more working on this, i know this working bcos in the thread on github somebody make to work on greatest hits release, apparently only the japanese version is not supported

EDIT: i found this python script https://gist.github.com/infval/b23380076d77341ccc379a62ef9f23b3 is to extract and insert files from the mgf files in the ps2 version, the ETC.mgf is the font one, but i dont know how to run this, i read about install python, add a environment variable to make the path work and bla bla bla... any easy instruction help with this? i only want to use this script and try to replace the font.

EDIT 2: ok i install python and the path shit is configurated automatic in the installer, but when execute the script another shit about line 9 PIL module not available or something... my god, bcos this i hate cli programs, i dont want to learn i hate programming, only want to using it and goodbye!

Last edited by JuanchoTexHD,
Reactions: rantex92

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks but those tools are for pc version, the only tool working for ps2 is that by belek666, but the guy is no more working on this, i know this working bcos in the thread on github somebody make to work on greatest hits release, apparently only the japanese version is not supported

EDIT: i found this python script https://gist.github.com/infval/b23380076d77341ccc379a62ef9f23b3 is to extract and insert files from the mgf files in the ps2 version, the ETC.mgf is the font one, but i dont know how to run this, i read about install python, add a environment variable to make the path work and bla bla bla... any easy instruction help with this? i only want to use this script and try to replace the font.

EDIT 2: ok i install python and the path shit is configurated automatic in the installer, but when execute the script another shit about line 9 PIL module not available or something... my god, bcos this i hate cli programs, i dont want to learn i hate programming, only want to using it and goodbye!
srry for my late respond

my idea was you rip the font from the pc version and use them in your ps2 texturemod

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
srry for my late respond

my idea was you rip the font from the pc version and use them in your ps2 texturemod
its ok, but how to do that? the font file are compressed in that MGF file, its different, the pc version is easily moddable but this? how is the process with texmod?
PD: new algorithm, this time definitve i hope, caps in header.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its ok, but how to do that? the font file are compressed in that MGF file, its different, the pc version is easily moddable but this? how is the process with texmod?
PD: new algorithm, this time definitve i hope, caps in header.
oh now i get it it aint just a pcsx texturmod you want to change the gamefiles directly

so about you python script problem you will need the pil module here is an easy howto
https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/how-to-install-pil-on-windows/

and yeah you should get comfy with cml and python most games have propriatary formats and to extract them we need to go the uncomfortable route since not all games have nice and ez tools
even when some games uses the same fileformat names for instance .pak its stillnot the same filestructure
or like for instance my unfinished zanzarah texturmod i had to use the renderware 3.3 sdk and read through all the documentations and in the end it doesnt even worked but i guess thats how it is when youre a texturmodder

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
oh now i get it it aint just a pcsx texturmod you want to change the gamefiles directly

so about you python script problem you will need the pil module here is an easy howto
https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/how-to-install-pil-on-windows/

and yeah you should get comfy with cml and python most games have propriatary formats and to extract them we need to go the uncomfortable route since not all games have nice and ez tools
even when some games uses the same fileformat names for instance .pak its stillnot the same filestructure
or like for instance my unfinished zanzarah texturmod i had to use the renderware 3.3 sdk and read through all the documentations and in the end it doesnt even worked but i guess thats how it is when youre a texturmodder
Thanks I will try, EDIT: i installed it, testing
EDIT 2: creates a folder but in cmd says found 0, dont extract nothing, strange
EDIT 3: other mgf files are extracted the backgrounds for example
EDIT 4: Mystery solved, the font file are in the ELF file of the iso, equivalent to the EXE of the pc version, back to the previous font extractor of belek s... still extracts nothing, gives a syntax error, this is the command for extraction "fontsh234.exe SLUS_202.28 n b 100 75 font_normal.tga" the SLUSxxx are the ELF file, and the rest are the extraction parameters, but something is wrong, maybe is the varible path like the python thing, i dont know. added the path and still the same:

C:\Users\LTJ>fontsh234.exe SLUS_202.28 n b 100 75 font_normal.tga
'fontsh234.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file. DAMN

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks I will try, EDIT: i installed it, testing
EDIT 2: creates a folder but in cmd says found 0, dont extract nothing, strange
EDIT 3: other mgf files are extracted the backgrounds for example
EDIT 4: Mystery solved, the font file are in the ELF file of the iso, equivalent to the EXE of the pc version, back to the previous font extractor of belek s... still extracts nothing, gives a syntax error, this is the command for extraction "fontsh234.exe SLUS_202.28 n b 100 75 font_normal.tga" the SLUSxxx are the ELF file, and the rest are the extraction parameters, but something is wrong, maybe is the varible path like the python thing, i dont know. added the path and still the same:

C:\Users\LTJ>fontsh234.exe SLUS_202.28 n b 100 75 font_normal.tga
'fontsh234.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file. DAMN
from my understanding beleks tool only works with the e3 demo since he dont have the right offsets for the other versions

sounds like a windows issue you could make a vm with linux and compile it there
later when im home i will try my luck maybe i could get the font files for you

BUT let me ask you another question even when we got the font files how do you plan to insert/inject the modded files back into the ps2 game ?

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
from my understanding beleks tool only works with the e3 demo since he dont have the right offsets for the other versions

sounds like a windows issue you could make a vm with linux and compile it there
later when im home i will try my luck maybe i could get the font files for you

BUT let me ask you another question even when we got the font files how do you plan to insert/inject the modded files back into the ps2 game ?
i read the thread of the tool more or less, and belek put the offsets of all versions except the japanese one, i dont think there is a problem. If you want to try i appreciate it, the tool is extract/inserter, i dont know what is permitted to insert, the same file is useless bcos you need more resolution (entering experimentation zone) there are 2 font textures the normal and small, in the command prompt the program tell the parameters options but here are the 4 command you need, 2 for extract and 2 for insert.
EXTRACT
fontsh234.exe SLUS_202.28 n b 100 75 font_normal.tga
fontsh234.exe SLUS_202.28 s b 100 75 font_small.tga

INSERT
fontsh234.exe SLUS_202.28 n w 100 75 font_normal.tga
fontsh234.exe SLUS_202.28 s w 100 75 font_small.tga

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i read the thread of the tool more or less, and belek put the offsets of all versions except the japanese one, i dont think there is a problem. If you want to try i appreciate it, the tool is extract/inserter, i dont know what is permitted to insert, the same file is useless bcos you need more resolution (entering experimentation zone) there are 2 font textures the normal and small, in the command prompt the program tell the parameters options but here are the 4 command you need, 2 for extract and 2 for insert.
EXTRACT
fontsh234.exe SLUS_202.28 n b 100 75 font_normal.tga
fontsh234.exe SLUS_202.28 s b 100 75 font_small.tga

INSERT
fontsh234.exe SLUS_202.28 n w 100 75 font_normal.tga
fontsh234.exe SLUS_202.28 s w 100 75 font_small.tga
good morning mate srry yesterday was a lil bit late couldnt try it myself but
i found another interessting thread you should read
https://github.com/elishacloud/Silent-Hill-2-Enhancements/issues/517

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
good morning mate srry yesterday was a lil bit late couldnt try it myself but
i found another interessting thread you should read
https://github.com/elishacloud/Silent-Hill-2-Enhancements/issues/517
i read that thread, its only a guy trying to add korean characters to the font, nothing useful except the font file, better if you test the program to be sure if it work, its a dead end, the texmod way dont work bcos it runs under dx9, there is a modding tool called resorep in theory works on dx11 i dont research it but looks complicated, the last option its manual upscaling, various hashes are similar copies but others are different and need manual edition its a grotesque work. i dumped near 70 font textures in only 1 language till the apartments...

EDIT 1: Searching in russian scene, there is a guy "Metallist" that did a translation to russian of this version and MODIFY the font to add rus cyrillic chars, i dont know if he has a "site" but in i read something of the pc version and another guy helps him with the font, the font looks the same but with the new characters, i dont know if its possible a better resolution, but a way to modify exists.

Reactions: rantex92

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i read that thread, its only a guy trying to add korean characters to the font, nothing useful except the font file, better if you test the program to be sure if it work, its a dead end, the texmod way dont work bcos it runs under dx9, there is a modding tool called resorep in theory works on dx11 i dont research it but looks complicated, the last option its manual upscaling, various hashes are similar copies but others are different and need manual edition its a grotesque work. i dumped near 70 font textures in only 1 language till the apartments...

EDIT 1: Searching in russian scene, there is a guy "Metallist" that did a translation to russian of this version and MODIFY the font to add rus cyrillic chars, i dont know if he has a "site" but in i read something of the pc version and another guy helps him with the font, the font looks the same but with the new characters, i dont know if its possible a better resolution, but a way to modify exists.
yeah but you could learn from his and the other mistakes especially about that "inserting the file back " even with original extracted files injecting back sometimes dont work

maybe its just a dumb shortcut but did you try to take the font from pc/xbox version and try to inject that file in to the ps2 file?

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
yeah but you could learn from his and the other mistakes especially about that "inserting the file back " even with original extracted files injecting back sometimes dont work

maybe its just a dumb shortcut but did you try to take the font from pc/xbox version and try to inject that file in to the ps2 file?
How?, in the PC EE they load the custom font from a folder, they dont insert nothing on the exe, maybe they do some hex editing on the EXE to read those customized folders overriding the original ones to make the replacement, in the ps2 this depend of the ELF, inside it are all the "reading file instructions" i check that with ps2dis. In the ELF with hex magic you need to make it read another font file than the original inside the ELF, example add a extra font image inside the ISO (expanding the size, i smell problems) and pray, therozing reality, where in the hell are this damn instruction and how to modify?, i only use sense common like how to do this. only speculation. With all this shit on the table rest to know how the image font is, its identical to pc one? extraction is the first to resolve.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How?, in the PC EE they load the custom font from a folder, they dont insert nothing on the exe, maybe they do some hex editing on the EXE to read those customized folders overriding the original ones to make the replacement, in the ps2 this depend of the ELF, inside it are all the "reading file instructions" i check that with ps2dis. In the ELF with hex magic you need to make it read another font file than the original inside the ELF, example add a extra font image inside the ISO (expanding the size, i smell problems) and pray, therozing reality, where in the hell are this damn instruction and how to modify?, i only use sense common like how to do this. only speculation. With all this shit on the table rest to know how the image font is, its identical to pc one? extraction is the first to resolve.
thats how metalist and warmaker did that with the ps2 games they took the pc fonts then changed them to russian and then they opend both files files in hexeditorneoportable and copied the russian into the original ps2 one

i found two forums where they disscuss how they did that but its in russian and google tranlator works but not great
the first one i cant link because its warez but the second one is "rutracker"

the second one is realy the important one to crawl through they have the offsets for the injection and a good documentation how they did that translation for sh2 and sh4

EDIT: And yes you smell right i digged a bit deeper in those russian sites after you changed the font you will have to recalculate the iso

EDIT2: You should go on psxplanet and ask DruchaPucha hes another very talented modderwho has done quite a lot of ps2 translations http://psxplanet.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=6606

Last edited by rantex92,

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
thats how metalist and warmaker did that with the ps2 games they took the pc fonts then changed them to russian and then they opend both files files in hexeditorneoportable and copied the russian into the original ps2 one

i found two forums where they disscuss how they did that but its in russian and google tranlator works but not great
the first one i cant link because its warez but the second one is "rutracker"

the second one is realy the important one to crawl through they have the offsets for the injection and a good documentation how they did that translation for sh2 and sh4

EDIT: And yes you smell right i digged a bit deeper in those russian sites after you changed the font you will have to recalculate the iso

EDIT2: You should go on psxplanet and ask DruchaPucha hes another very talented modderwho has done quite a lot of ps2 translations http://psxplanet.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=6606
Thanks for the info but Register in a russian site to try contact Druchapucha seems a difficult task with translators, but there are a list of tools, maybe some can be useful, im checking it.

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Last message; i cancel the SH2 texture pack, Reason 1: the multiple palette dumping has generated an absurd filesize (gigs and gigs) and is inviable keep working in this state, the pcsx2 texture dumping function dont solve the paletted multi dumping problem and its outside of interests of devs, so its over, all the games i like to work has this type of problems, its frustrating.
Reason 2: im tired and sick about many complaints with the sharpness thing and stuff like that, so its the end of the line guys, its sad, do something free and receive only bullshit, not for me. Good luck on your own projects.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last message; i cancel the SH2 texture pack, Reason 1: the multiple palette dumping has generated an absurd filesize (gigs and gigs) and is inviable keep working in this state, the pcsx2 texture dumping function dont solve the paletted multi dumping problem and its outside of interests of devs, so its over, all the games i like to work has this type of problems, its frustrating.
Reason 2: im tired and sick about many complaints with the sharpness thing and stuff like that, so its the end of the line guys, its sad, do something free and receive only bullshit, not for me. Good luck on your own projects.
sad but understandable

about the complaints just dont listen to them its your texturemod not thems if they want have it another way then they should make the changes themself since most of those dont know shit about how hard is actually is to do a texturmod
in their mind they think its just taking the textures run it through an a.i and then put it back but what they dont know is what i called the "proprietary format hell"

and if you ever need help again just ask

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: