PCSX2 HD texture pack group

Silent Hill 2 Greatest Hits HD CANCELLED and goodbye

DinJerr

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
the pcsx2 texture dumping function dont solve the paletted multi dumping problem and its outside of interests of devs
This is going to be the issue for a lot of PCSX2 texture projects going forward, ain't it?

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
This is going to be the issue for a lot of PCSX2 texture projects going forward, ain't it?
i am not a fool, i know this issue is fixable at 100% but the devs suffer something called "puritanism" the "pixel perfect mania" or the "accuracy emulation fever" they dont have much care for the enhancements department, the texture replacement function is like an accident in this emu, first the try of topaztk in a bestial way and later the incorporation of stenzek from duckstation, without those 2 events, today we are stiil waiting for this function, if you ask why they didnt do earlier, they respond the classic: the ps2 engine is too complex... complex like doing a texmod replacer function but for dx11 and say stop of all this theatre. To some with programming knowledge: JUST DO IT!

LuismaSP89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i am not a fool, i know this issue is fixable at 100% but the devs suffer something called "puritanism" the "pixel perfect mania" or the "accuracy emulation fever" they dont have much care for the enhancements department, the texture replacement function is like an accident in this emu, first the try of topaztk in a bestial way and later the incorporation of stenzek from duckstation, without those 2 events, today we are stiil waiting for this function, if you ask why they didnt do earlier, they respond the classic: the ps2 engine is too complex... complex like doing a texmod replacer function but for dx11 and say stop of all this theatre. To some with programming knowledge: JUST DO IT!
I asked Stenzek on the past if he is planning to put Xbrz filter on the duckstation "The actual implementation of xbr filter is not working properly and only works in some cases" and he was very disrespectful, insulting me and saying that the people who loves shading filters or any other kind of visual improvements are basically idiots. I don't know why, because I was very polite all the time, but I think he has a very huge mental disorder. I mean, he can be a good programmer, there is no doubt about this, but regarding the personal perspective, he is a huge idiot. And he fights everybody who doesn't think the same as he.

In fact he had problems with the pcsx2 team a month ago, asking for code of the emulator for his personal projects. The pcsx2 devs refused and he went crazy and started to insult them. Now they're in peace after some talking, but I don't think this person is going to work on the texture replacement for the pcsx2 anymore. On duckstation is also broken with missing things and is not working properly.

Reactions: JuanchoTexHD

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I asked Stenzek on the past if he is planning to put Xbrz filter on the duckstation "The actual implementation of xbr filter is not working properly and only works in some cases" and he was very disrespectful, insulting me and saying that the people who loves shading filters or any other kind of visual improvements are basically idiots. I don't know why, because I was very polite all the time, but I think he has a very huge mental disorder. I mean, he can be a good programmer, there is no doubt about this, but regarding the personal perspective, he is a huge idiot. And he fights everybody who doesn't think the same as he.

In fact he had problems with the pcsx2 team a month ago, asking for code of the emulator for his personal projects. The pcsx2 devs refused and he went crazy and started to insult them. Now they're in peace after some talking, but I don't think this person is going to work on the texture replacement for the pcsx2 anymore. On duckstation is also broken with missing things and is not working properly.
True, but the real problem of this people, this devs, is they are young people, they not lived in the 8, 16 bit and arcade era and not feel this like me or others with more age with a different perspective of old games, i love old videogames but i hate the pixel saw borders, low resolutions or blurry textures, they dont understand the feel of enhance a game to see it full glory, no, they appreciate the originality of the limited hardware of that time. For me, the emulators are a second life chance but for IMPROVING the old, not simply emulating, for they the emulation is a type of strange vintage loving of the original raw things and the preservation factor. The GOOD insane pushing for better quality in a old game are forbidden words for this talented, but young minds. And the other emulator teams most advanced? maybe they are young too, but more smarter for sure, and with less ego.

Reactions: LuismaSP89

LuismaSP89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
True, but the real problem of this people, this devs, is they are young people, they not lived in the 8, 16 bit and arcade era and not feel this like me or others with more age with a different perspective of old games, i love old videogames but i hate the pixel saw borders, low resolutions or blurry textures, they dont understand the feel of enhance a game to see it full glory, no, they appreciate the originality of the limited hardware of that time. For me, the emulators are a second life chance but for IMPROVING the old, not simply emulating, for they the emulation is a type of strange vintage loving of the original raw things and the preservation factor. The GOOD insane pushing for better quality in a old game are forbidden words for this talented, but young minds. And the other emulator teams most advanced? maybe they are young too, but more smarter for sure, and with less ego.
I totally agree with every single word you posted. The problem is the ego of this young guys. It's a shame because they're nice programmers, but the beauty of an emulator is not only to preserve the games but make them feel and look better than the original games, but other nice features like savestates, increased resolution, game fixes that the original game doesn't have, fan translations for games without the support of "x" language, etc etc.

I also hate the pixel aspect of the old games. I'm 33 and I played at nes and snes games on my childhood, but there is no sense to keep playing games with blurry image on a 4k tv or that games with that pixel look-a-like aspect trending on the present days. That's why I managed to and proposed the inclusion of the xbrz filter in some emulators (And I'm proud of it) by talking between the devs and Zenju, the developer of this image filter. I think at least the emulators need to give to the people the option to enable it. You don't like it? Ok, then you don't need to enable the setting, but at least LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE, and no just be an idiot hating the filtering or saying that the filters or image enhancements are for retards, etc etc.

Reactions: JuanchoTexHD

JuanchoTexHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
You hit the nail, as you say, Let the people decide, dont be a dictator of your work. in the rpcs3 is some similar, the texture replacer is needed buy they say the same bullshit of difficult implementation, lazyness i call it, the pass of time will fix their thinking.

Reactions: LuismaSP89

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: