Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  • fss0 needs "kip1patch=nosigchk" in order to load sigpatches but not "atmosphere=1"
  • (chainloading) fusee needs "atmosphere=1" in order to load sigpatches but not "kip1patch=nosigchk"
kip1patch=patchnameEnables a kip1 patch. Specify with multiple lines and/or in one line with , as separator. If actual patch is not found, a warning will show up

atmosphere=1Enables Atmosphère patching. Not needed when fss0 is used.

I guess both are included in the INI to let people use fusee or fss0...so there is no correct or wrong method. All can boot atmosphere. I prefer fss0, some prefer chainloading fusee. This is just a matter of personal choice (and none are bad).

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate?tab=readme-ov-file#boot-entry-keyvalue-combinations

ps : if I understood it correctly, kip loading should be removed from fusee in a near future...so fss0 is, IMO, better.

Thank you for the reply. I've read so much about all of this the last few days y brain is spinning. lol

So the rentry guide says to put this in the ini file:

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

It is not using fss0 and there is no atmosphere=1. But documentation states "(chainloading) fusee needs "atmosphere=1" in order to load sigpatches". I'm confused. What would adding that line accomplish and why does the rentry guide omit it? It feels like conflicting information.

Also, if it states that "kip1patch=patchname" is the old method that is required for patching with fss0. Even if that old method still works, what is the new method? What would the line be for same function using the new method? Rh guide uses "kip1=atmosphere/kips/*", but the only instance of that in the documentation is:

{-- Custom Firmwares --}
[Atmo Vanilla]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*

# Note:
# The above adheres to emummc.ini. It will launch emuMMC if enabled, otherwise sysMMC.
# The kip1 line can be omitted if wanted. It's in example in order to mimic fusee behavior.

To me that sounds like that line from the rh guide does nothing and can be omitted? Which goes back to my question, regardless if the old method of ""kip1patch=nosigchk" still works for fss0, what would the new method be?

Last edited by RedColoredStars,
Reactions: Blythe93

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
kip1patch=nosigchk → loads ONLY sigpatches
kip1=atmosphere/kips/* → loads everything that is in kips folder

atmosphere=1Enables Atmosphère patching. Not needed when fss0 is used.

Hekate's guide doesn't explain exactly what it is "patching". I may have misinterpreted it's used to load sigpatches (because when using fusee, it automatically loads sigpatches)

like I said, no good or bad answer here. It doesn't change ANYTHING. Make as you wish, it will be good. And there is no "new" or "old" method : you choose to chainload fusee OR to use fss0 since the beginning. Result is the same : you load atmosphere with all needed stuff :moogle:

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Works perfectly for me. I have the latest firmware (17.0.1), Atmosphere (1.6.2), sigpatches (from this thread) and sys-patch module (1.5.0). Installed with the latest DBI (658).
Which error are you getting?
I'm on 16.1.0, Atmo 1.6.1, sigpatches from here, and not sure about sys-patch. I'm trying to install via Tinfoil. It just ends up with that blank buffering logo on the main page, and running it just gives you the standard Nintendo corrupted message that tells you to go to system settings.

I will try installing from USB with DBI.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm on 16.1.0, Atmo 1.6.1, sigpatches from here, and not sure about sys-patch. I'm trying to install via Tinfoil. It just ends up with that blank buffering logo on the main page, and running it just gives you the standard Nintendo corrupted message that tells you to go to system settings.

I will try installing from USB with DBI.
Give it a try, sure. If it doesn't work, update your firmware/Atmosphere/Hekate and see if that works. Haven't checked which minimum firmware the game requires, but it works on the latest for sure. Any reason why you're not on the latest and greatest? :D

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Give it a try, sure. If it doesn't work, update your firmware/Atmosphere/Hekate and see if that works. Haven't checked which minimum firmware the game requires, but it works on the latest for sure. Any reason why you're not on the latest and greatest? :D
I typically try not to go for the latest as it's often times not necessary. And there were some reports last time I checked (a few months ago) that the 1.7.X series had some issues. The website I got the XCI from claimed that 1.6.1.0 would be enough.

In any case, the error DBI throws is: "Cannot parse nca. Old firmware"

What does that mean?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I typically try not to go for the latest as it's often times not necessary. And there were some reports last time I checked (a few months ago) that the 1.7.X series had some issues. The website I got the XCI from claimed that 1.6.1.0 would be enough.

In any case, the error DBI throws is: "Cannot parse nca. Old firmware"

What does that mean?
It probably means that you'll need to update.
Indeed, 17.0.0 introduced a certain save issue, especially if you used Haku33, TegraExplorer, EmmcHaccGen or ChoiDujour in order to "clean" your console. Solution to that is to boot Atmosphere 1.6.1+ and it should rebuild the missing save.

Other than that, prodinfo blanking doesn't work on the latest firmware either. You can either use DNS MITM (which you should use regardless in order to block Nintendo servers on your emuNAND) or this patch.

Nowadays, it shouldn't be a problem to update to the latest version. I personally haven't run into any issue so far. Just make sure that you uninstall any theme before updating firmware and make sure to update Hekate and Atmosphere to the latest first, followed by sigpatches (and sys-module, if you want; it's optional and, sadly, while it still works, it's no longer actively maintained) and firmware update via Daybreak.

Reactions: Stormflora

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It probably means that you'll need to update.
Indeed, 17.0.0 introduced a certain save issue, especially if you used Haku33, TegraExplorer, EmmcHaccGen or ChoiDujour in order to "clean" your console. Solution to that is to boot Atmosphere 1.6.1+ and it should rebuild the missing save.

Other than that, prodinfo blanking doesn't work on the latest firmware either. You can either use DNS MITM (which you should use regardless in order to block Nintendo servers on your emuNAND) or this patch.

Nowadays, it shouldn't be a problem to update to the latest version. I personally haven't run into any issue so far. Just make sure that you uninstall any theme before updating firmware and make sure to update Hekate and Atmosphere to the latest first, followed by sigpatches (and sys-module, if you want; it's optional and, sadly, while it still works, it's no longer actively maintained) and firmware update via Daybreak.
I'm afraid I'm not really an expert with Switch modding. Don't know more than the basics of what you've mentioned so far.

So install the latest Hekate + Atmosphere + sigpatches, then Daybreak up to 17.0.1? I don't use any custom themes or anything, unless you count the standard dark mode the Switch natively offers. Should I use DNS MITM, or the nim patch, or both?

Update: Nevermind, I did some research and ultimately decided to use everything. including Exosphere.

I tried updating Hekate + Atmosphere so far (along with those host patches), and DBI still cannot install the game. So the culprit must be the Switch OS firmware being too old even at 1.6.1.0. I'll try 1.7.0.1 and report back.

Update 2: Okay, Switch OS 1.7.0.1 (I used the Rebootless variant) indeed allows me to install Princess Peach Showtime. Thank you very much. Simply updating the softmod hacks alone was not enough. I didn't bother testing 1.7.0.0, since it has known bugs and I believed in your word in that 1.7.0.1 is stable anyhow.

So this was the solution--Nintendo decided to, even for an EOL platform, require a newer firmware for the latest release(s). Hopefully that doesn't happen again with a few more games they decide to publish before the Switch 2 is released. I don't really like having to update all the time.

On a side note, I've never used DBI before, so this was a first-time experience for me. And I really like its simplicity compared to Tinfoil, plus how much more optimized it is with both the Switch app and the PC USB server application. Definitely using this from now on.

Last edited by Stormflora,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So install the latest Hekate + Atmosphere + sigpatches, then Daybreak up to 17.0.1? I don't use any custom themes or anything, unless you count the standard dark mode the Switch natively offers.
That's how I do it. Here's a written guide, if you need one. Note that you'll need to either dump or download firmware files in order to update your Switch via Daybreak to the latest version. We aren't allowed to link to the site that has those firmware files, but quick Google search is all it takes to find it.

With that said, I prefer the PC method as I'm not a fan of those all-in-one updaters, You can also use Hekate's USB Tools option (reboot to Hekate, go to Tools > USB Tools > SD card) in order to connect your SD card via Swith and USB cable to the PC (i.e. without ejecting the SD card), after which you can update your files.

Should I use DNS MITM, or the nim patch, or both?
I believe that it's safe to use both. Personally, I haven't tried the nim patch yet as I've been using DNS MITM and Exosphere's prodinfo blanking since the beginning. I'm not sure what nim patch actually does (other than fixes that prodinfo blanking error), so someone else more knowledgable could tell us more.

Reactions: Stormflora

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So this was the solution--Nintendo decided to, even for an EOL platform, require a newer firmware for the latest release(s). Hopefully that doesn't happen again with a few more games they decide to publish before the Switch 2 is released. I don't really like having to update all the time.
They definitely will, based on their history.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No body likes new firmware when the old one has been very stable since before peach learns to dance.

What gives you the idea about EOL? Long live the Switch and plenty more games and many many more firmware updates. They are now very fast with firmware requirement too.

PS: It's not good for you to bring attention to this thread, Nintendo may take action and then where are you going to find the next sigpatches

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What gives you the idea about EOL? Long live the Switch and plenty more games and many many more firmware updates. They are now very fast with firmware requirement too.
The Switch 2 has already been announced, and this Switch generation is coming to a close. The Switch is also an older console than the PS5/Xbox Series with highly limited hardware, so I'm not sure why you think it wouldn't be turning EOL. Some publishers (including Nintendo) will push out a few more games, but it won't last for more than another 1~2 years.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch 2 has already been announced, and this Switch generation is coming to a close. The Switch is also an older console than the PS5/Xbox Series with highly limited hardware, so I'm not sure why you think it wouldn't be turning EOL. Some publishers (including Nintendo) will push out a few more games, but it won't last for more than another 1~2 years.
Every platform will EOL. Even maybe Switch 2. Maybe is only because Switch 2 have not even been announced yet. Wake up

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In other news, after updating to 1.7.0.1, I noticed that it fixed the issue of my Switch battery draining quickly even in Sleep Mode back when it was on 1.6.0.1. Now it basically doesn't drain at all unless I actually use it.

It really sucked having to wake up in the morning and see my battery at like 60% or less even after a full charge, with nothing running. Nintendo must've fixed it.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well thanks to MrDude and the release of latest IPSPatchCreator here are the sigpatches for FW18.0.0 :D

OP will be updated when full set of patches get available, there is no new Atmosphère Patches, well, because there is no new Atmosphère yet :P

Happy (pre)June 15th everybody! and the new COMPLETE set of sigpatches is Here, remember to use the latest Hekate on FSS0 Package 3 mode to be able to load the sigpatches, and/or use SYS-Patch Sysmodule.

Attachments

• Hekate+AMS-package3-sigpatches-1.7.0p-cfw-18.0.0.zip
    56.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by impeeza,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well thanks to MrDude and the release of latest IPSPatchCreator here are the sigpatches for FW18.0.0 :D

OP will be updated when full set of patches get available, there is no new Atmosphère Patches, well, because there is no new Atmosphère yet :P
Nice work!
FYI HOS 18.0+ emummc 17.0.1 still works, NO RUSH HAHA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf bunny