Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello there, I am here a voice on the vast universe, summoning the scene gods of the modding.

Since Firmware 17 Big N modified some big chunk of the code and now your console crashes if you go online with your console's certificated messed up, like when you change your serial number, because in that case the certificate do not matches with the number or the new certificate is invalid.

There is any hope to create a SysPatch ( pun beside) to change/remove/NOP the code which crashes the console. or some NFIM patches complementary to avoid contacting big N servers and then avoid the crash.

Reactions: Blythe93

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello there, I am here a voice on the vast universe, summoning the scene gods of the modding.

Since Firmware 17 Big N modified some big chunk of the code and now your console crashes if you go online with your console's certificated messed up, like when you change your serial number, because in that case the certificate do not matches with the number or the new certificate is invalid.

There is any hope to create a SysPatch ( pun beside) to change/remove/NOP the code which crashes the console. or some NFIM patches complementary to avoid contacting big N servers and then avoid the crash.
To be honest, blocking the servers kind of do the same thing as blanking the prodinfo so it's not a massive need to fix it now.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I believe so. Also Tinwoo was updated by @mrdude to 1.24 which includes a setting for distribution bit. The github for the project is currently private as the dev is making updates and was being hounded by some people feeling entitled.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tinwoo-installer.579661/page-15
Thanks for this, I did have the latest version of TinWoo (1.24), but I had to enable the option for the distribution bit inside Settings.
Once I checked that option, I reinstalled both XCIs for both TotK and BotW, and now they work properly with all their DLCs and updates :D

jacobkoller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Guys I'm on 15.0.1 I am planning to update my switch to the latest version. Can I just download the 17.0.0 firmware or do I need to install Firmware 16.1.0 first?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Guys I'm on 15.0.1 I am planning to update my switch to the latest version. Can I just download the 17.0.0 firmware or do I need to install Firmware 16.1.0 first?
you can go straight to FW 17 but be sure of read the guide on updating and be sure you have setting DNS block to big N servers, DNS90 or Atmosphère's DNSMiTM

jacobkoller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
you can go straight to FW 17 but be sure of read the guide on updating and be sure you have setting DNS block to big N servers, DNS90 or Atmosphère's DNSMiTM
Been updating my switch for a few years now, but I paused after the 15.0.1 since I had no interest in any games the switch had at the time. I wonder what has changed since the 15.0.1 that you need to set up a DNS block now? What has nintendo implemented?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Reactions: Blythe93

jacobkoller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
risking to be censored by this (is a copy and paste from the thread explaining the issue):
Thank you for letting me know, think I might just update to 16.1.0 since no games I'm interested in even require the latest firmware right now.

Edit:impeeza I have 1 more question for you, if you're not too busy to answer. Can I just update my switch to say 16.1.0 and the latest atmosphere? Are there benefits to using the latest atmosphere on outdated firmwares? Also how are people getting keys now, I thought nintendo nuked the github for lockpick_rcm?

Last edited by jacobkoller,

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for letting me know, think I might just update to 16.1.0 since no games I'm interested in even require the latest firmware right now.

Edit:impeeza I have 1 more question for you, if you're not too busy to answer. Can I just update my switch to say 16.1.0 and the latest atmosphere? Are there benefits to using the latest atmosphere on outdated firmwares? Also how are people getting keys now, I thought nintendo nuked the github for lockpick_rcm?

1) yes you can use the latest atmosphere with older fw

2) the only benefits is whatever the latest atmosphere version does. Besides that, the only benefits is homebrew that works on older firmwares that ain't supported/updated for the newest firmware.

3) yes they nuked it, but that payload Still works on 16.x (it somewhere around firmware 16 it got nuked) but someone has forked it and renamed it. It's called picklock_rcm. Keys mainly get updates when going up major firmware updates. (Example; from 16.x to 17.x. or from 14.x to 16.x) BUT sometimes (not often) keys get updated in minor updates. (Example from 16.x to 16.x. I don't remember specifically what minor updates had key updates, I just remember this happening a few times in the past)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
you must use the most recent Atmosphère supporting your firmware, if you use the latest Atmosphère you get all bugs corrected and the best performance.

Reactions: kidkat210

byson1984

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is the easiest way to upgrade to firmware 17 from 16? Do you guys just install latest firmware with daybreak then place SD in pc and overwrite with latest atmosphere + sig patches?

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the easiest way to upgrade to firmware 17 from 16? Do you guys just install latest firmware with daybreak then place SD in pc and overwrite with latest atmosphere + sig patches?
No, you should do the other way around. First update sigpatches, then Hekate, then Atmosphere, and finally update the firmware. Maybe you can update Hekate before sigpatches, I don't think it matters.
You should always update the CFW before the OFW because the former is almost always backward compatible, while updating the latter likely breaks the older CFW versions.
One more thing, try minimizing the amount of times you pull the microSD card out of your Switch, as the reader is very delicate. Everything I said before can be done without ever removing the microSD card (you can use ftpd or Hekate).

GILLIO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to update my firmware from 16.0 to 17.0 soon. Can anyone tell me if work on the new sigpatches is complete? Or is there something else that needs to be done?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I want to update my firmware from 16.0 to 17.0 soon. Can anyone tell me if work on the new sigpatches is complete? Or is there something else that needs to be done?
I believe it's as complete as it can get. It's just that there are no games yet that require firmware 17.0.0, so I personally don't see a reason to update just yet.

Before you update to 17.0.0, in case you've used Incognito_RCM or similar sometime in the past to blank out your prodinfo, you'll need to either undo it or set up ExosphereDNSMITM as well. Make sure that you get the latest Hekate (v6.0.7) and Atmosphere (v1.6.2) as well as their respective payloads. SIgpatches can be found here.

Firmware files can be found by quick Google Search and installed via Daybreak.

In case you're using a custom theme, revert to the original before update and restore it afterwards.
In case you've ever reset your console using either Haku33, TegraExplorer, EmmcHaccGen or ChoiDujour, it should be fixed once you boot into Atmosphere v1.6.1 or higher. More about that here.

You might encounter a game or two not working. If that's the case, backup your save files and reinstall them using the latest version of your preferred installer. You can also check this guide in case you get stuck.

Good luck!

GILLIO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I believe it's as complete as it can get. It's just that there are no games yet that require firmware 17.0.0, so I personally don't see a reason to update just yet.

Before you update to 17.0.0, in case you've used Incognito_RCM or similar sometime in the past to blank out your prodinfo, you'll need to either undo it or set up ExosphereDNSMITM as well. Make sure that you get the latest Hekate (v6.0.7) and Atmosphere (v1.6.2) as well as their respective payloads. SIgpatches can be found here.

Firmware files can be found by quick Google Search and installed via Daybreak.

In case you're using a custom theme, revert to the original before update and restore it afterwards.
In case you've ever reset your console using either Haku33, TegraExplorer, EmmcHaccGen or ChoiDujour, it should be fixed once you boot into Atmosphere v1.6.1 or higher. More about that here.

You might encounter a game or two not working. If that's the case, backup your save files and reinstall them using the latest version of your preferred installer. You can also check this guide in case you get stuck.

Good luck!
thanks for the detailed explanation and tips. I think it's going to be fine.

Do you happen to know if Tesla overlay works?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Reading the tutorial about upgrading firmware which is on the tutorial sections will be easy.

Also you can read the guides about switch modding

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work