Hacking *sigh* just recived my M3i today, won't work.

FoxboyJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cyberslums.com
XP
Country
United States
Just got the M3i, all happy and stuff, and immediately flashed it with the already prepared 1 GB Micro-SD card I had, waiting a full minute after the flashing stopped, and popped it into my DSi, and click the icon as it appeared. Then it hit's me. "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting." Now, I thought maybe I flashed it wrong, so I tried several more times, before just giving up and putting it in the DS Lite, works great. So, is there possibly some reason why it just won't work with the DSi? My DSi is apparently version 1.3U.

rooker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Either its not an M3i Zero or you are running 1.4U. Because if its working in the DS Lite there isn't an issue with the way you "flashed" it.

FoxboyJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cyberslums.com
XP
Country
United States
100_0312.jpg

100_0311.jpg

100_0310.jpg

Apologies for the huge images, my camera does 10 MP.

FoxboyJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cyberslums.com
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
i doubt u didnt do this but did u out the system folder in the m3 and make sure u delete f_core.dat after u have flashed ur card
I honestly didn't know you had to delet ethe f_core.dat, but I have the default firmware on there as well, for after it loads, but even if, it should be showing a SYSTEM file not found error, not a DSi error.

FoxboyJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cyberslums.com
XP
Country
United States
bach3609 said:
im guessing your m3i zero is defected. Theres been a bad batch around the market.

Dreadful, because I had the bad sense to order it from Digimartz, and I doubt they will do the decent thing nad help me out with this.

And to ensure i don't double-post. ->

100_0315.jpg

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Never ever buy from digimartz.com, pretty much alot of the packages they ship get all ruined due to their bad handling with the packages. I ordered a r4 from em awhile back and the box was all beaten up,dented and stuff. Also my friend Hyun he bought a m3i zero there as well and it started falling apart and it pretty much didnt work and broke down.

FoxboyJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cyberslums.com
XP
Country
United States
bach3609 said:
Never ever buy from digimartz.com, pretty much alot of the packages they ship get all ruined due to their bad handling with the packages. I ordered a r4 from em awhile back and the box was all beaten up,dented and stuff. Also my friend Hyun he bought a m3i zero there as well and it started falling apart and it pretty much didn't work and broke down.

I honestly didn't want too, but I was in a rush, and it was the only place I could order it for under $30, I don't believe $60 is reasonable in any way, shape, or form. Perhaps I'll get another one from Deal Extreme or something, never had a problem with them. *sigh* Seriously though, what a kick to the balls, it works just fine on the DS Lite, and not on the DSi.

Shin_Akuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone ordered or recieved their M3i Zero from RHS yet? coz i'm thinking of getting it from there. I don't wanna recieve any bad batch ones though.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wrote a basic guide in my Signature in my review of the M3i Zero card maby take a look and see if you followed all the steps
smile.gif

You do know once you have installed the core dat to delete it and then install the SYSTEM/Loader files don't you
smile.gif

FoxboyJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cyberslums.com
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
I wrote a basic guide in my Signature in my review of the M3i Zero card maby take a look and see if you followed all the steps
smile.gif

You do know once you have installed the core dat to delete it and then install the SYSTEM/Loader files don't you
smile.gif

if you look at the pictures I posted, you would see that it is not a problem with the system files, the DSi is rejecting the cart completely, with a DSi error, M3 firmware never even get's a chance to load. (And yes, I followed all steps.)

And it works just fine on my DS lite, so I'm really confused. Not sure if it's a problem with hte cart, or if my DSi has a problem, I might drop by gamestop today to get my friend there to let me try a game on it.

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FoxboyJT said:
kobykaan said:
smile.gif

smile.gif

if you look at the pictures I posted, you would see that it is not a problem with the system files, the DSi is rejecting the cart completely, with a DSi error, M3 firmware never even get's a chance to load. (And yes, I followed all steps.)

And it works just fine on my DS lite, so I'm really confused. Not sure if it's a problem with hte cart, or if my DSi has a problem, I might drop by gamestop today to get my friend there to let me try a game on it.
Have you ever even tried playing a game on your dsi? xD see if its the problem with the dsi, hopefully it is.

FoxboyJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cyberslums.com
XP
Country
United States
bach3609 said:
FoxboyJT said:
kobykaan said:
smile.gif

smile.gif

Have you ever even tried playing a game on your dsi? xD see if its the problem with the dsi, hopefully it is.

You know, I was thikning about it, and I haven't. >.>;; Sure hope this DSi isn't defective, I've grown to like it, and I spent a lot of money on it.
frown.gif

FoxboyJT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cyberslums.com
XP
Country
United States
FoxboyJT said:
bach3609 said:
FoxboyJT said:
kobykaan said:
smile.gif

smile.gif

You know, I was thikning about it, and I haven't. >.>;; Sure hope this DSi isn't defective, I've grown to like it, and I spent a lot of money on it.
frown.gif
Apologies for the doublepost, was required to bump topic.'

The issue seems to have fixed itself, I brought my DSi and DS with me, and was playing Shin Megami Tenshei Devil Survivor, the DS Lite died, so I put hte M3 in the DSi with little hope, and it booted. NO reason why, just worked. =\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny