Sigh... I am stuck on what I should do.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JudyDoots92, Jun 12, 2016.

1. JudyDoots92
    OP

JudyDoots92 Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2016
    United States
    I downgraded my n3DS to 9.2 yesterday, it said "an error has occurred" right at the end of the process, that scared the shit outta me.. I took my sd card out and rebooted, not bricked. and it seems to do everything including the 9.2 exploits. I was wanting to install tik files on sysnand so I could play some games directly, but I cannot even get pastacfw to boot, it just freezes on a black screen. I am really hoping that its an easy fix, not downgrade corruption or whatever. What should I do to install some tik files on my sysnand?

2. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA

Run the downgrader again, all the files havent installed properly. After that, use emunand9 to make a backup of sysNAND before you inject anything into sysnand.

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Don't use Pasta - if you install a corrupted CIA file to sysNAND you could be looking at a brick (that you'd have to hardmod to get back, if you made a backup). Use Luma3DS and get an emuNAND. You can install all you want to emuNAND, and update it too :-)

astronautlevel likes this.
  4. JudyDoots92
    OP

JudyDoots92 Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2016
    United States
    Is that luma3ds that cfw that you have to downgrade, update, downgrade, update, downgrade just to get it too install?
    Ehh if is, why the heck would I want to do that?

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Um no? Don't know what CFW you could be talking about? You put the files on your SD and use the homebrew launcher to launch it ... and if you wish, you can set up menuhax to autoboot it when you turn it on (which just involves launching the menuhax installer from the homebrew launcher and telling it to install).
    Pasta became outdated for general use (if you're using it to play games, not just as a safe way to upgrade) around early 2014.

6. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Limbo
    That downgrade upgrade thing you're talking about is arm9loaderhax.
    You can use the cfw either via a9lh or via menuhax(doesn't require the downgrade upgrade)