Hacking Shuriken USB (USB Gecko SE (clone))

happy_bunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so people wanted to use the shuriken usb unit to hack games which I never really designed it for so I created version 2

2015-04-29 23.35.01.jpg

which has got the ftdi 245r usb chipset on so it works with

gecko dot net 0.66.8
wiiRD GUI 0.9.3

screen capture works great in gecko dot net now :)

RMCP01-001.png

as I have managed to reduce the component count I have managed to get the cost down to £14 + p&p

tracked p&p is expensive from the UK £10 world and £8 europe, so I am going to offer proof of postage as an option basically I go to the post office send you the device for £4 and get a receipt which I will scan and email to you so you know I have sent the device. Its not quite the same as tracked post but its a lot cheaper.

just PM if you want a device, happy hacking guys

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
okay men nice to hear or read haha what you ask now for it New unit of Shriken USB Gecko
PM me if you won't ;)

Regards Pieter from the Netherlands

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Correction Best Andre the fisrt release of the Shuriken USB Gecko did not work with the standard Gecko Dnet and wiirdGUI seens nothting connect
the Best man Happy_bunny makes a special release of Gecko Dnet that works well with is self made USB Gecko ;)

happy_bunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@ bitburger

the total cost for shuiken usb unit v2 is

USA / World

Tracked postage £24 (approx $38)
Untracked postage £18 (approx $29)

Europe

Tracked postage £22 (approx 31 euros)
Untracked postage £18 (approx 25 euros)

payment via paypal

happy hacking guys :-)

BitBandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hmmm, this looks very interesting.

I know nothing about the Gecko or this new Shuriken USB, but many years ago I used to use an Xplorer cheat cartridge with my Playstation 1 (I think it was called Xploder in the US, it was one of the many Action Replay / Game Shark type cartridges that were around at that time). The Xplorer had a cable that hooked up to my PC and I would run special software that would let me search the Playstation's memory in order to find out where things were kept (lives, health, etc). It had a number of ways of searching, i.e. I could search for a specific number or look for memory locations that held values that had increased or decreased or changed, etc. Once I had found a likely memory location I could tell the cartridge to constantly write a certain value to that location, which effectively kept that value from changing (i.e. keep your health at 100% all the time). Once I'd figured out a specific cheat I could save that in the cartridge and then enable the cheats I wanted to use for a game.

Is this Shuriken USB cartridge like that? Will it let me do things like that?

Other than the cartridge and a suitably long USB cable, do I need any other hardware? I notice in the first video the guy was using what looked like a GC controller for something, I'm not into Gamecube games so I don't have a GC controller, I would just be using this cartridge for Wii gaming. I've got the Homebrew channel installed, do I need anything else installed on the Wii for this to work?

happy_bunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this Shuriken USB cartridge like that? Will it let me do things like that?

yes exactly like that ;)

Other than the cartridge and a suitably long USB cable, do I need any other hardware?

No thats all you need.

do I need anything else installed on the Wii for this to work?

yes you need geck os installed on the wii

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko_OS

and for the pc you will need to install gecko dot net

https://code.google.com/p/geckowii/downloads/list

or the older wiiRD program, all are free.

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry S. for late Answer it's a very great thing
nothing happen with it and believe me the USB Gecko from 2008- 2009 is not better than youre good clone version of it
i'm thinking to get another to for security when these are faults in the future
maybe you make an release 3 then let me know the most games works GCN and Wii
alone Catwoman GCN is not working the NTSC version and the PAL neither

but for the rest is it amazing good solution for the original USB gecko plenty good work man
thx alot and let me here of there an update for it in the future

Regards Arnachy69

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good man and you right this version is be goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood ! everything works splendid

This guy deserve it very much

now i most figured out how i can postloader load with wiird debugger that's all so great when it defently good works
My VC Virtual Console games works to with youre usb gecko thx a lot mate for the good work and youre time on it to do
for guy's lile me thx you very much RESPECTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!! :d :d :d

standardtoaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
happy_bunny Do you still have any of these left? My USB Gecko broke over a month ago and I cannot seem to fix it 100% with my bad soldering skills. Do these come with the case? If not, do you know if they will fit inside the original USB Gecko case?

happy_bunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Comes with a black 3d printed case i have upload the case design files they are on my website see first post on page1. if you have a 3d printer you can print out another colour or mod my design to make something funky :)

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This a thing for beginning Hackers like me
when you will hack wii games use the old program
neogamma R56 turn the debugger on and there you go
USB loader GX works but not with all games
neogamma works just fine for me
:D

Site & Scene News