Hacking Should I update my old Wii's soft mods?

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Wii is an NTSC launch Unit and has a Wiikey I think in it, also softmodded and is in 4.0. (all kind of IOSs installed in it)

Never had any issues with any games I play. Should I still look into new alternatives to replace that stuff? I play game through DVDs only (original and copies) so I don't really care about USB Loading stuff.

I'm wondering only because over the years I've messed with it so much. Is there a way I could let's say "reset" it and then mod it back with more up to date content?

BTW I got old Wad tickets installed in my Wii that are now useless, is there any way to identify those and just nuke em?

In short I want to tidy up my Wii's system files.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try to use Syscheck in conjunction with modmii.
Basically you run Syscheck on the wii and it generates a file on the root of your SD card.
Open this file in modmii, ( by choosing the second option I believe, updating your softmos by typing SU ), and it will tell you exactly what you need to do and what you need to download in order to bring your Wii up to date.
I would really recommend you to do that, because your Wii will be more secure and games will have less compatibility problems.

Also I'd recommend you to invest in a small USB driver, it'll save you a lot of time for downloading, unzipping and burning your games, and will offer more compatibility, faster, smoothing loading times and most Wii USB loaders are just gorgeous to look at and a pleasure to use.

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Wii reads every games, with no problem whatsoever. I'm simply concerned by old tickets and stuff that are useless remaining in it. I have abselutely no issue with it otherwise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, wut