Homebrew Should I Update My 3DS Since I Have Homebrew?

nintenthUsiast2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was downloading KId Icarus Uprising from the freeshop as a sleep download but I got a notification and the 3DS said it was ready to start system update. I can cancel or press Ok, but if i cancel i will not be able to install KId Icarus. What do I do? My 3ds is in the european region (UK)

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'd say you wait for a new stable release of Luma, then update it and the update the 3DS, I don't think you need to update to download games (I might be wrong about this) or if you prefer, update to a Luma nightly, but some features on that one might be buggy.

Also, there's an important distinction between CFW and just Homebrew, many people going just by the title would tell you either "No" or "get Luma/CFW"

Reactions: NFates

nintenthUsiast2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say you wait for a new stable release of Luma, then update it and the update the 3DS, I don't think you need to update to download games (I might be wrong about this) or if you prefer, update to a Luma nightly, but some features on that one might be buggy.

Also, there's an important distinction between CFW and just Homebrew, many people going just by the title would tell you either "No" or "get Luma/CFW"
i have luma cfw but yeah, il wait

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't think you need to update to download games (I might be wrong about this)

the thing literally said, you wont be able to download without updating. However, i think cias might be possible to install without updating

Bondgirl85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you still download from the freeshop without updating?

You can't enter the eshop or download any new themes from the theme shop unless you update.

Reactions: nintenthUsiast2

WaluigiMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

there is a new stable release
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

Reactions: nintenthUsiast2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?