Hacking Should I switch to CFW?

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a Gateway 3DS and a 9.2 console with 9.2 emuNAND (unlinked).

I do a lot of game mods (MK7 Custom Tracks) and Spider exploits.

Does LayeredFS, NTR Debugger, and the cheat.plg work with installed CIA games?

Also, I don't play a huge variety of games, mostly just Zelda and Mario.

Reactions: SomeGamer

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't change much for you aside from having an even faster launch method. NTR works with any CIA files the same as it works with anything else.

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't change much for you aside from having an even faster launch method. NTR works with any CIA files the same as it works with anything else.
I thought it was a supporter of anti piracy or some shit http://prntscr.com/8o7ot9

Don't know why you have to ask to 'switch'. Just try CFW and see if you like it.
I might, but I don't look at every little detail, like I might need it for something. Are there any advanntages OF gw?

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why not both? You can set stuff up so you only boot into cfw when holding L button. That way you can just use the go.gateway-3ds.com web browser entry point to use GW mode for playing backups and you can boot into rxMode or even rxTools dev mode for just GBA or whatever you want

Reactions: Arithmatics

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not both? You can set stuff up so you only boot into cfw when holding L button. That way you can just use the go.gateway-3ds.com web browser entry point to use GW mode for playing backups and you can boot into rxMode or even rxTools dev mode for just GBA or whatever you want
I need some extra green for BO III, only if my GW isnt necessary. GW is more important than bo iii

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I thought it was a supporter of anti piracy or some shit http://prntscr.com/8o7ot9

I might, but I don't look at every little detail, like I might need it for something. Are there any advanntages OF gw?
You still have to launch NTR-CFW from within another CFW the same way you would from within Gateway Mode, if you want to use NTR-CFW features with CIA files. The main difference between Gateway and CFW is being able to use themehax to cold boot CFW (Gateway will probably add this soon though)
Also, you obviously don't need the Gateway cart to boot CFW, but this shouldn't make much of a difference anyway since you can just backup all your retail games and saves (if you own any) and put them on the GW, so you only ever need the GW cart unless you want to play DS games as well.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Arithmatics

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay