Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have really been wanting a PSP for a really long time. All those games... Are nice. FF: CC, And a bunch of other games xDD.

But I haven't really thought of how or which one I should get?

1000 is out of teh question... I don't want a used one xP
2000 and 3000 are maybe. But the 3000 I mainly would get since there is some bundle. A 3000, Rock Band Unplugged and a 4GB MS.

So is it worth it still? Which PSP can have CFW on them... And a good place to get used/new ones at a cheap price.

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Currently, PSP-3000 can't be CFW enabled, well, conveniently that is.

Try to aim for a PSP-2000 if you can. It's really easy to install CFW onto it, plus, I think it's better than PSP-3000.

This statement comes from a person who has installed CFW for my PSP-1000 +2000 & 3000 for friends.

Besides, a 4GB Memory stick isn't that expensive. Don't be fooled into the PSP-3000 + 4GB bundles.

See here ---> http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDMSPD-4096-...e/dp/B000FFISV8

(And hey, you don't have to get a PSP if you do not wish too. It ultimately depends on your taste of games. For example, I'm looking foward to Dissidia: Final Fantasy, KH: Birth by Sleep, and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. I own now FFT: War of the Lions, Crisis core, and a collection of emulators on it (Mother 3 on PSP = yay!) So yeah. Your decision.)

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Get a 2000, CFW it, get a PhotoFast CR-5400 and an 8GB microSD card so you can stick all your games, films and music on there. Drains the battery less and is quicker than using UMD's.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So PSP 2000. I never liked the 3000, too many problems... Screen issues were one and would never want to run into that.

Everywhere I have looked, the PSP is out of stock. The 2000 is. Checked BestBuy, FutureShop, TheSource. All for Canada. Looking for one in Canada, so I don't need to buy anything online. And also, which would be better, PSP or a 360?

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Apples and oranges, that's my only answer to the 360 or PSP question.

As for buying the PSP, why don't you look on Amazon.ca or craigslist? Sure craigslist might not be as huge as it is in the U.S., but it certainly is worth a try.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you said you didnt want a used, but a used psp 2000 in good shape (on the old mobo) is really the best option. i have a daxter psp 2000 (got it used from a friend for cheap), and i like it a lot.

everyone is all "aww snaps son, i ken hax teh psp 3000zards" but the psp chikHEN+5.03GEN-A is pretty half assed CFW, you cant shut off the psp without having to reboot through HEN and reload the GEN-A

anyways, i think you would probably be happiest with a psp 2000 with the older motherboard.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to be a thief, ignore all 3000 models. If you're going to be legit, get the 3000 as it's solid and is a nice improvement over the older.

If you should get one just in general, yes. Sony is NOT working on a real PSP2 at all for any release in the foreseeable future. They have the Go! coming to back up the PSP library by then re-releasing the back library of UMD games to it so they can re-charge at a premium a higher price than the stuff goes for now with legit 'in your hand' copies. PSP as it is will stick around for a stretch, so unless someone third party comes along expect the DSi and PSP to endure for a time.

My brother works for one of their 3rd parties (both companies) so I get tidbits from the grapevine.

dynoma5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they still sell the PSP 2000 out there even in local stores like Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc? And if they do how does the box differ from the PSP 3000? Are there any distinguishing features or design between these two PSPs? Haha sorry for all these questions cuz im planning on buying a psp too and from what I'm hearing, it's recommended that one should get a PSP 2000

BKZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2000s are prefered because they can have cfw flashed unlike the 3000s. I would suggest getting an older 2000(like the darth vader or daxter one) as some of the newer 2000 have unhackable motherboards.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Apples and Oranges...? Lost... I would get used, if my friends were selling their PSPs. None of em' know about CFW. Only meh, and I don't even own one x). At least with a friend, I don't need to have any worries of seeing random peoplez xDD

That is what I read. That chikHEN thing. I read it somewhere here... But yeaa. I have been looking around for PSPs, and all I have been seeing were the Rockband Bundle, the Ratchet and Clank Bundle (Silver and Black), and the Madden 09 and the PSP Core (some were 2000 and some were 3000). I haven't seen any other...

Yea, I am a pirate. I just want to get CFW on it, get a 4GB (or 8GB) MS and then just get any game I want. Especially Crisis Core ^^.

The boxes, you just gotta read the box carefully. Usually it indicates what version of the PSP it is. Either 2000 or 3000. Like in Walmart, you just look for the part that says what is included.

So I am just gonna look for a 2000. Got it.

And how easy is it to case mod a PSP 2000? Do you just take it off, and then put it on? Then it will be a whole new case just like with a DS Lite + Replacement case?

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not clarifying it earlier; apples and oranges is basically an unfair comparison between two very different things, like if you were going to compare Pac-Man to Halo or something like that. In this case, choosing between a 360 and a PSP is rather difficult since they're two very different platforms. But I digress, since you've already decided on the PSP.

And as for PSP case modding, it shouldn't be too difficult. The faceplate is easy, but I think you need to remove the mobo and everything else for the back side. It's much more fickle.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
Apples and Oranges...? Lost... I would get used, if my friends were selling their PSPs. None of em' know about CFW. Only meh, and I don't even own one x). At least with a friend, I don't need to have any worries of seeing random peoplez xDD

That is what I read. That chikHEN thing. I read it somewhere here... But yeaa. I have been looking around for PSPs, and all I have been seeing were the Rockband Bundle, the Ratchet and Clank Bundle (Silver and Black), and the Madden 09 and the PSP Core (some were 2000 and some were 3000). I haven't seen any other...

Yea, I am a pirate. I just want to get CFW on it, get a 4GB (or 8GB) MS and then just get any game I want. Especially Crisis Core ^^.

The boxes, you just gotta read the box carefully. Usually it indicates what version of the PSP it is. Either 2000 or 3000. Like in Walmart, you just look for the part that says what is included.

So I am just gonna look for a 2000. Got it.

And how easy is it to case mod a PSP 2000? Do you just take it off, and then put it on? Then it will be a whole new case just like with a DS Lite + Replacement case?
you will not find a hackable psp 2000 at walmart. i would look for a new GOW or daxter bundle psp on amazon.com

cases are easy to take apart, but doing so would void any warranty you would have. (it only takes a small screwdriver)

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seven, that doesn't mean I have chosen PSP as of yet. I still got my handy DSLite which I might just case mod, since it has a broken hinge. But mainly, the PSP and 360 has games I want. Either would be okay, but since you never really told meh xDD, I decided to continue on the conversation about PSPs and hold the 360 one until later.

Warranty? Pfft, like I will find a new one that is hackable... Most likely gonna find a used one.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want a psp because of good games, well you may be a bit disspainted as the PSP has a small library of good games compared to the DS. Still, if you want one go for 2000

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Most PSPs can run CFW, you can't flash it to them all but you can certainly run it. I'd go for a PSP-2000. It's better than a DS in terms of emulation and although it has a smaller library the best PSP games are far ahead of the DS'.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just get a phat!!! Cheaper and guaranteed to be hackable
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, LOL. Its very sunny, what are you on about?