Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hate2.gif
So my elite just got the red light of death(e74) a few weeks ago and ive been using my new premium ever since.
That means i now have 2 360`s
unsure.gif
and i need to know if i should softmod my elite when i fix it
and prevent future RROD`s from happening (swap lame heatsinks for awesome fan mounted heatsinks),
also can i do more than just load backups, and are there any emulators for it?
or should i keep my original xbox for emulation.

Filter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd mod it and play backups because it saves you tons of money.

Unless your really rich and can afford all the 360 games you ever wanted to try I say do it.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You won't be banned unless you do some major screw-up.
Like, using old firmware (my last firmware update was mid-late 2007, 1.3) and trying to run non-stealthed discs in the 360 was not enough to get a ban.
(For those who wonder why you never see me online recently, I'm so busy I don't remember when the last time I turned my TV on was.)

Of course, nobody knows for sure when they'll get banned.
But if you beat like 4-5 games on modded 360, even if it gets broken beyond repair you're financially even. (Or keep the Elite and mod the Premium)
I don't think getting banned is an issue here.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also don't forget that M$ only bans individual consoles, not live accounts (unless somethings changed recently and I missed it).
So if you have 2 you could mod 1, and keep one legit and in the event of the haxed one getting banned, you could (dare I say it) buy any games that you really really can't live without on XBL.

SgtYutz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well if M$ only bans individual consoles then i guess im going to have to mod it, but are there any good N64/PSX emulators that will run on the 360(all i could find was a nes emu that was made in xna here but you have to pay for it)

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SgtYutz said:
Well
smileipb2.png
if M$ only bans individual consoles then i guess im going to have to mod it, but are there any good N64/PSX emulators that will run on the 360(all i could find was a nes\snes emu that was made in xna)
Xbox 360 is not hacked yet, there are no homebrews.

The only thing you can do with custom firmware is run backups.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
martin88 said:
SgtYutz said:
Well
smileipb2.png
if M$ only bans individual consoles then i guess im going to have to mod it, but are there any good N64/PSX emulators that will run on the 360(all i could find was a nes\snes emu that was made in xna)

thats funny i'm sure there was a MAME360 out there along with a few other emulators?

t7pjhf17ayjc4gkl2p.jpg

and ScummVM too

qj.net has quite a few 360 type homebrews
smile.gif

SgtYutz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
a mame emulator for the 360 that works! i was so dissapointed when the mame emu for the wii coldnt play metal slug.But im guessing scummVM is wayy better on the wii.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Softmodding the 360 isn't too hard, and it allows you to play backups. It saves a lot of money and allows you to play any game you want...

However, even if you use the latest firmware and steal all your games, there is always a chance that you will get banned from Live. Do it at your own risk.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
kobykaan said:
martin88 said:
SgtYutz said:
Well
smileipb2.png

thats funny i'm sure there was a MAME360 out there along with a few other emulators?

t7pjhf17ayjc4gkl2p.jpg

and ScummVM too

qj.net has quite a few 360 type homebrews
smile.gif

Mame360 is for dev boxes only ,not retail boxes and apart from a few screenshots I'm not sure it was even released. The only retail 360s that even have a possibility of running anything are ones on the old kernel with the hypervision exploit in it and there aren't many of them about and I don't think anything has really been made for them as they are so few in number.

The only thing close to homebrew is the xna stuff , but most people aren't talking about that when referring to homebrew , so easier just to say, no hombrew.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 Xbox's. I bought 1 when I thought the other would get banned if I modded it. It still to this day has Xbox Live and has never been banned. Just don't use non-stealth games, and only play games that have been released and you'll be fine. Also wouldn't recommend using your real gamertag with copies so.... just assume alot of the people who got banned (not all of them of course) probably didn't know what they were doing. Always use iXtreme firmware too, standard Xtreme is just asking to get you banned.

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jinxvorheeze said:
I have 2 Xbox's. I bought 1 when I thought the other would get banned if I modded it. It still to this day has Xbox Live and has never been banned. Just don't use non-stealth games, and only play games that have been released and you'll be fine. Also wouldn't recommend using your real gamertag with copies so.... just assume alot of the people who got banned (not all of them of course) probably didn't know what they were doing. Always use iXtreme firmware too, standard Xtreme is just asking to get you banned.

Playing games before release date shouldn't lead to a ban as long as it is a dump of a retail copy.
If MS banned people for playing games early, there'd be tons of banned people who actually purchased games early from shops that broke the street date and played it on unmodded consoles.

Also, I thought iXtreme blocked non-stealthed games anyway? I tried to run non-stealth game and it refused to run it. And trying to run it still hasn't resulted in banning.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking of using modchipcentral's service to flash the 360 (unless you guys think I could do it. I've installed a modchip on a Wii before, but this seems harder). Anyways, I really love XBL, and I would be nowhere without it. If the Xbox was flashed with iXtreme 1.5 firmware and all my games were backed up and stealthed manually, what are my chances of getting banned? From what I've read so far chances are pretty low, but I just want to be sure. I'm too broke to have to buy another Xbox
tongue.gif

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys,i just recently got my 360 and i want to flash my drive to play backups. Im not new to homebrew and hacking at all but i am to 360. I know M$ bans ppl and i just want to know what if i flash my drive and only play real games on live? does that help my chances of never being discovered? Or does this not make any sense?

madmods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Playing a copied game before it is released will get you banned. There are no stores that can sell a game 2 weeks in advance from when it is officially released. Ask all those who got banned when playing Gears 2 weeks before it's launch date.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
madmods said:
Playing a copied game before it is released will get you banned. There are no stores that can sell a game 2 weeks in advance from when it is officially released. Ask all those who got banned when playing Gears 2 weeks before it's launch date.

Yes they can. It has happened.

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wilson735 said:
I too would like to know what are the risks of having a flashed drive, and going on Live without being banned.

AS of now, if you use the latest ixtreme firmware and use proper stealth games, you're fine. There's no guarantee that MS will not find away to check the drive firmware. If they do, there will be a long list of bans.
Make sure you check EVERY game for the stealth check before you play them

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ban is like the online counterpart of RROD for modified consoles.
You never know when it's gonna hit, theoretically it will eventually happen.
But just like newer 360s being more resistant to RRODs, newer firmwares are more resistant to bans. You don't even need the latest firmware. MS can't (or doesn't atm) even ban iX 1.3.

And shops have and still do leak copies early. For example, SC4 (both systems) was leaked from some shops and it took almost a week to get a release. Meaning, people who actually purchased the game played it earlier than people who downloaded it.

As long as you use a good rip, playing early is fine. I guess when people get banned after playing a bad rip early, they somehow think they got banned for playing it early.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over