Hacking Should I import a DSi LL?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I import the DSi LL from Japan or should I wait for it to be released in America? The earliest I would be getting it would probably be Christmas. I don't know what the prices are of imports are either. I would imagine the price of the XL would be $200 in the US when it comes out but the Japanese version, since it is rare (in the US) and of course an import and the price is translated, would it be a lot more expensive? I guess noone really knows much about the US release so basically what I want to know is, what are import prices usually like? What was the price of a Japanese DSi import when it was released?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSi is region locked. Which means you can't change the language on it to english. You can't go to the DSiWare shop as well.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
The DSi is region locked. Which means you can't change the language on it to english. You can't go to the DSiWare shop as well.
I know that but, well actually thinking about it now, I wouldn't be able to use download the browser probably or that great flip book app. I don't really care about the Japanese menu or any other DSiware. Ok well I probably should wait now that I think about it because I'm not going to use it unless I have a flashcart and the US release will give it some time to have a flashcart released for it. The question is, when will it be released in the US. When is quarter 1? Do they mean financial year of or just normal?

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I would wait. Unless you really want one by Christmas, or if you really like one of the Japanese colors, in either case I would go ahead. I considered importing a Japanese DS Lite (although there wasn't any region lock on that version) simply because I liked the color. However, I preferred buying a US version that was cheaper and allowed me to buy more games along with my ds.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I Agree - you should wait.
Not only will it be region locked but if you use a flashcard - it's possible that Ninty may put in EXTRA blocking that prevent it from working - & it may take even longer for flashcard manufacturer's to bypass it

You will also be able to find out all the possible 'flaws' on the new system that could possibly cause you to think again about buying one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY