Should I import a DSi LL?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by CheatingSoi, Nov 2, 2009.

Nov 2, 2009

Should I import a DSi LL? by CheatingSoi at 2:00 AM (1,915 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. CheatingSoi
    OP

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    Should I import the DSi LL from Japan or should I wait for it to be released in America? The earliest I would be getting it would probably be Christmas. I don't know what the prices are of imports are either. I would imagine the price of the XL would be $200 in the US when it comes out but the Japanese version, since it is rare (in the US) and of course an import and the price is translated, would it be a lot more expensive? I guess noone really knows much about the US release so basically what I want to know is, what are import prices usually like? What was the price of a Japanese DSi import when it was released?

2. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    i think you should wait for it to be released in us becasue you can get us dsi ware

3. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    The DSi is region locked. Which means you can't change the language on it to english. You can't go to the DSiWare shop as well.

4. iFish

Canada
    but you can play your games becasue the ds games already out arnt region locked

5. noammax

Member noammax GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Yah, I say wait. The menus are all japaneese.
    Its not to far off from relese here anyway.

6. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    ide say wait..u would be missing out on alot of stuff if u dont since its region locked which doesnt allow u to use dsi shop

7. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    I know that but, well actually thinking about it now, I wouldn't be able to use download the browser probably or that great flip book app. I don't really care about the Japanese menu or any other DSiware. Ok well I probably should wait now that I think about it because I'm not going to use it unless I have a flashcart and the US release will give it some time to have a flashcart released for it. The question is, when will it be released in the US. When is quarter 1? Do they mean financial year of or just normal?

8. iFish

Canada
    i think it mean by march

9. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
  10. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    Do you have that bad eye sight?

11. Arwen20

Member Arwen20 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Personally, I would wait. Unless you really want one by Christmas, or if you really like one of the Japanese colors, in either case I would go ahead. I considered importing a Japanese DS Lite (although there wasn't any region lock on that version) simply because I liked the color. However, I preferred buying a US version that was cheaper and allowed me to buy more games along with my ds.

12. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    I Agree - you should wait.
    Not only will it be region locked but if you use a flashcard - it's possible that Ninty may put in EXTRA blocking that prevent it from working - & it may take even longer for flashcard manufacturer's to bypass it

You will also be able to find out all the possible 'flaws' on the new system that could possibly cause you to think again about buying one