Should I get the Samsung A5 (2017)?

OfficialBrony

OP
Banned
Trophies
Country
Canada
I don't really know. I am wanting a new phone, but I don't want to pay a whole lot since I still have $320 left to buy out of my contract.
I was thinking on getting a Samsung A5 since it's in my price range of $450 at my cell phone provider and it's better than my Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo. But the thing is that the A5 doesn't have Hotspot, which I use a lot on the go for FTPBrony to transfer files to my 3ds.
The camera on the A5 is really good! 16mp on rear and back.
What do you guys think? Should I stick with the phone I have, or get the A5?
Here is the compartments between my phone, and the A5
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/co...-2017,Samsung-Galaxy-S5-Neo/phones/10297,9526
EDIT: I'm not waiting for the S8 or getting any of the S7 models.
I don't want to leave the Samsung phone line, as they make good phones. Please no talking about iPhones or whatever.
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Last edited by OfficialBrony,

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are 3rd party hotspot apps.

But why not consider getting a phone refurbished or 2nd hand, you can save yourself alot of money and get alot better than you could new

Reactions: Tizm

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Are you sure it doesn't feature a hotspot? I know the link shows hotspot as [blank], but it's been a standard feature in Android for an awful long time. It would be very strange for Samsung to have removed it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't really know. I am wanting a new phone, but I don't want to pay a whole lot since I still have $320 left to buy out of my contract.
I was thinking on getting a Samsung A5 since it's in my price range of $450 at my cell phone provider and it's better than my Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo. But the thing is that the A5 doesn't have Hotspot, which I use a lot on the go for FTPBrony to transfer files to my 3ds.
The camera on the A5 is really good! 16mp on rear and back.
What do you guys think? Should I stick with the phone I have, or get the A5?
Here is the compartments between my phone, and the A5
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/co...-2017,Samsung-Galaxy-S5-Neo/phones/10297,9526
EDIT: I'm not waiting for the S8 or getting any of the S7 models.
I don't want to leave the Samsung phone line, as they make good phones. Please no talking about iPhones or whatever.
Thanks.

Looks like it does have mobile hotspot.
http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/skp/faq/1095614
http://deviceguides.vodafone.ie/web.../set-up-and-use-your-phone-as-a-wi-fi-hotspot
http://www.hotspotsetup.net/setup-hotspot-on-samsung-galaxy-a5/
etc.

OfficialBrony

OP
Banned
Trophies
Country
Canada
Oh my God!!! I left my computer on whilst having a shower and I also roommate with someone. I'm so happy that I'm moving soon since I literally want to take his hand and smash his fingers with a hammer.
He tends to "hack" my accounts from time to time if I'm busy doing something. He apparently found out my windows login info, so I guess I have to put a password on the BIOS menu. I didn't type this, and non of this is true about you, so I'm sorry it was said to you.

Last edited by OfficialBrony,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you didn't really have shit to reply back about on my post, why comment?
I swear that people was dropped at birth.
Comment on posts if you actually have shit to say.
Now go back and drink your mom's titty milk, since that's the only milk you can probably afford.
Jeez, what the fuck got into you?
I'm just trying to be helpful here.
If you're not sure whether to get the A5 or not because it lacks a mobile hotspot, I just solved that dilemma for you.
At least I'm not shitposting like you.
Oh my God!!! I left my computer on whilst having a shower and I also roommate with someone. I'm so happy that I'm moving soon since I literally want to take his hand and smash his fingers with a hammer.
He tends to "hack" my accounts from time to time if I'm busy doing something. He apparently found out my windows login info, so I guess I have to put a password on the BIOS menu. I didn't type this, and non of this is true about you, so I'm sooty it was said to you.

Edit out your post then.

OfficialBrony

OP
Banned
Trophies
Country
Canada
Jeez, what the fuck got into you?
I'm just trying to be helpful here.
If you're not sure whether to get the A5 or not because it lacks a mobile hotspot, I just solved that dilemma for you.
At least I'm not shitposting like you.
I didn't type that, it's when you live with a roommate. I quoted your post again, in case you didn't see it.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He tends to "hack" my accounts from time to time if I'm busy doing something. He apparently found out my windows login info, so I guess I have to put a password on the BIOS menu. I didn't type this, and non of this is true about you, so I'm sorry it was said to you.

that's weird since it keeps showing at the bottom of your post that you're sending messages via a phone, bahahaha.
This whole "my friend did it" thing is the cutest trend to never have died out online. It's so convenient how our friends and family always seem to be around to take the blame for stupid shit we definitely didn't do.

You look like an idiot when you try defend yourself like this. Just own up to being an asshole. Instead of being an obvious asshole in denial, you're at least just then an asshole.

EDIT: oh wait a brony nevermind, carry on. There's no fixing this.

Last edited by Hells Malice,

OfficialBrony

OP
Banned
Trophies
Country
Canada
that's weird since it keeps showing at the bottom of your post that you're sending messages via a phone, bahahaha.
This whole "my friend did it" thing is the cutest trend to never have died out online. It's so convenient how our friends and family always seem to be around to take the blame for stupid shit we definitely didn't do.

You look like an idiot when you try defend yourself like this. Just own up to being an asshole. Instead of being an obvious asshole in denial, you're at least just then an asshole.
I can't use both platforms for GBATemp, can I? I'm usually never around my computer, so I use my phone. So whatever you wrote, it made me chuckle.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just get a Note 4. They are like $200 and much better then the A5. You're really only missing out on the Octa Core CPU, but that hardly matters.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What I learned from Samsung is if you don't buy a flagship, you will get shit, just pure junk.

Go with this phone instead, it's in your pricerange.

https://oneplus.net/oneplus-3t

Plus you can root it and change roms! They even themselves tell you HOW TO root it on their forum.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

EDIT: oh wait a brony nevermind, carry on. There's no fixing this.
Just want to tell you that the offending post did NOT have the "Sent from ..." text at the bottom. Also, that text was out of character. Oh well, let's move on.

Reactions: OfficialBrony

Enteking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The A5 2017 will likely drop below $300 in the summer, so I would not get it now. And for $450, you should get a S7 if available in your country for that price (it should be, it costs far less than 400$ in Europe).

Last edited by Enteking,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!