Hacking Should I get a O3DS? (Already have N3DS on 9.0)

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!
I was offered what I think is a really good deal by one of my friends who hasn't touched his O3DS in over 6 months. The device is 8.1 (USA), and it comes with Pokemon Y, Smash and a few other smaller games (I have a gateway though, sooo). He is offering it for 90-100$... should I get it? I already have a Gateway compatible N3DS (9.0) so is it worth me going out and spending another 90-100 $? What can you do on the O3DS vs the N3DS? (It's a light blue O3DS... kinda ugly but oh well).

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the only thing you can do on the old3ds that you cant do on the new is create xorpads(unless you have cubic ninja) so pretty much pointless imho, I have a o3ds and n3ds, probably gonna sell the old myself at some point.

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the only thing you can do on the old3ds that you cant do on the new is create xorpads(unless you have cubic ninja) so pretty much pointless imho, I have a o3ds and n3ds, probably gonna sell the old myself at some point.

Okay, I have CN, there is also the browser exploit, which is very frustrating to not be able to use, but it's not the end of the world. I really was looking into getting a capture card for my stream (Shameless plug: http://twitch.tv/starofdooom), but am limited on money. I am not 100% sure how much I will have avaliable, but would the money be better spent buying a 2DS capture card from Katsekuty (Ignore the spelling mistakes) and buy a Sky3DS to use with it?

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know much about capture cards, since its on 8.1 you could downgrade it so you wouldn't have to use the browser exploit, its your call though.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get as much 3DS's as you can incase. There's the whole emunand thing along with some other stuff on old 3DS.

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get as much 3DS's as you can incase. There's the whole emunand thing along with some other stuff on old 3DS.

My choices are a O3DS on 8.1, or a capture card 2DS (Are 2DS's being bought now on <=9.2?) possibly w/ Sky (If it's 9.5+)... I would prefer the capture card, but if there is a huge advantage to the O3DS over the 2DS, then i'll get that.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The regular 3DS and 2DS are the same in most features, so 2DS with the capture card is definitely a better choice. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.