Hacking should i do the ios37 update for the wiiware channel?

Ficus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have not yet updated my wii to IOS37. now i'd like to download the wiiware channel, but to do this i surely need to update the wii firmware as well. is it worth it? i'm really scared of this IOS37 firmware update. thanks

trent_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, what is the 'WiiWare channel'?

The IOS37 firmware has had no effect for anyone thus far. It includes a fix for truscha signing, but that is not being used, and can't be used without another update to enable it.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I think he meant Wii Shop Channel, 'cause it shows WIIWARE now (in PAL)

Yes, some games like Defend Your Castle or MLAAK are worth the cursed ios37...

Ficus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
oh sorry, i thought there was a wiiware channel, like the nintendo channel or the wii shop channel.

anyway, to play wiiware titles do i need to update my wii right? still my question is if it is worth it.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Ficus said:
oh sorry, i thought there was a wiiware channel, like the nintendo channel or the wii shop channel.

anyway, to play wiiware titles do i need to update my wii right? still my question is if it is worth it.

Yes. If you don't have the firmware for wii Ware that is 3.2x you will be rebooted from game straight to a Wii menu. and ios is still not activated, so it'll do nothing right now. And it's worth it, you can play Lost Winds, My life as a king, Dr. Mario, Defend your castle and some other stuff.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
Yes. If you don't have the firmware for wii Ware that is 3.2x you will be rebooted from game straight to a Wii menu. and ios is still not activated, so it'll do nothing right now. And it's worth it, you can play Lost Winds, My life as a king, Dr. Mario, Defend your castle and some other stuff.

Really?? I was on 3.1E and Lost Winds worked but Dr. Mario, MM9 and DyC didn't. I did the Nintendo update and got to 3.4E. Now the WiiWare games work but DyC still does the same thing. Comes up as channel, start and goes blank disconnects the remote and console needs resetting. Not sure if PAL has anything to do with it??

But, if loading a cIOS will fix DyC I'll do that rather than doing a Nintendo update. (I eventually got back to 3.1E and someone said all I have to do was load a IOS)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=122973

So, do you know of anything that'll get DyC working? Other than a Nintendo update??
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol