Should I buy "Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition" on sale for 20?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by Vengenceonu, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Vengenceonu
    OP

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Keep in mind I've never played a Tomb raider in my life but still somewhat know who Lara Croft is. I did a thread like this for infamous second son and it was a great call.

2. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    I thought it was pretty good, you dont really need to play the other games to enjoy it since its a reboot of sorts

3. Vengenceonu
    OP

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    how does humble bundle work (never used it). Isnt it only for PC?

4. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    It's on sale today for £11 here and I nearly bought it myself despite finishing it on the PS3.
    I held back because I'm 99% sure it will be on psplus for April.

5. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    This Tomb Raider is not like the old series. This one is more like Uncharted to me where you explore areas, find collectables, perform a certain level of freerunning, solve area puzzles, shoot stuff, etc. It would be like if Uncharted met Far Cry in a way in that you can hunt animals as well. Now, I haven't completed it, but I did play a few hours and it was an enjoyable experience well worth the price of admission.

Humble Bundle gives you games dependent on the payment conditions. For example, for the lowest tier you have to give $1 in order to get Steam keys. For the following tiers, there will usually be a "beat the average to get" which will tell you the current average payment. For that, you just have to give at least a penny more and you get those games as well on top of the initial batch. Beyond that, like with this one, they may have a specific price tier that rewards all of the games from that tier and lower. Basically, the more you pay the more you get in these Humble Bundles with it still being far cheaper than buying each game separately.

Other than that, it is entirely PC. If DRM free versions are available, you get those, and as I mentioned, as long as you give at least $1, you get Steam keys for the games as well.

6. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    Yeah Tomb Reboot was a very good gaem. Well worth playing imo.

7. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Short but good, wish there was more of the game but still its a must play game. (If ur PC can run it then get the humble bundle)

8. aofelix

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    yes but if you have a PC get it on that cos 20 is expensive considering its been at like 5 on PC.

regardless phenomenal game. I'd pay full price for it IMO. very underrated.

I'm actually shocked how underrated it is but how overrated uncharted is.