Should I buy a DSi now, or wait for the new 4" one?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Nugg2396, Oct 29, 2009.

  1. Nugg2396
    OP

    Nugg2396 GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    239
    0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Malaysia
    Should I buy a DSi now, or wait for the new 4" one?
    I'm thinking of trading in my DSL and paying the remainder
     


  2. Chris_Skylock

    Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

    Member
    1,501
    0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Philippines
    it doesnt matter as the 4" one is targeted at older people, i think
     
  3. Nugg2396
    OP

    Nugg2396 GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    239
    0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Malaysia
    Yeah, your right, I don't mind the current screen size anyway lol.
     
  4. Chris_Skylock

    Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

    Member
    1,501
    0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Philippines
    to me, color is what important. Im waiting for the Red DSi so if the 4" has red and the current one is not yet in the US, I'll buy another one. but, i think, the 4" will drain the battery even more unless it has a 1000 mAh battery or more
     
  5. Nugg2396
    OP

    Nugg2396 GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    239
    0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Malaysia
    idk whether i should get Black or white, i had a White DSL, then it became retarded, then I got a Navy/Black DSL
     
  6. Chris_Skylock

    Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

    Member
    1,501
    0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Philippines
    it's worth to get the 4inch DSi as it has more battery than the current one
     
  7. ProtoKun7

    ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

    Global Moderator
    7,514
    1,556
    Jan 3, 2009
    Gallifrey
    As long as the anti-hack tools in the 4" don't affect anything you may want to run on it...though something tells me they may not be entirely successful...
     
  8. benjaminlibl

    benjaminlibl Funky Member

    Member
    789
    0
    Jul 15, 2009
    Senegal
    Singapore
    Buy it now. Who knows when the new one will come out?
     
  9. crono999

    crono999 Member

    Newcomer
    20
    10
    Nov 15, 2006
    Just get it,or you will be waiting for ever,why??? Well........ who know's mebay there will also be a 5 inch or 6 or 7 or 52.

    Point is, you always will be waiting for something new this way,because why get the dsi when you can get a dsi-2 if you wait.
     
  10. Tokiopop

    Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

    Member
    1,833
    169
    Apr 14, 2009
    UK
    It's a gimmick so people buy it, when really it's just another attempt to stop piracy (it's probably going to have new measures to stop flashcarts and fix any exploits).
     
  11. DeltaBurnt

    DeltaBurnt I'm bored

    Member
    3,353
    2
    Feb 21, 2009
    United States
    Where intellect matters
    It doesn't even come out til like Spring next year and that's for Europe. So you may be waiting for a little bit...
     
  12. rockstar99

    rockstar99 Hi

    Member
    7,375
    156
    Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    get the dsi now
     
  13. Nugg2396
    OP

    Nugg2396 GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    239
    0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Malaysia
    Yeah, i figured, I have to wait till after my exams though D: lol
    So white or black?
     
  14. Jakob95

    Jakob95 I am the Avatar

    Suspended
    4,344
    67
    Jan 15, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    Its really your choice. We can't decide for you. Just think about it they are both the same thing except one has a bigger screen and better battery life. I would choose the LL just because its bigger and better battery life. If I ever have to go somewere and I can't put my LL in my pocket I will just take my DS lite. At least its smaller than the PSP.
     
  15. rockstar99

    rockstar99 Hi

    Member
    7,375
    156
    Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    actually stick with your lite for now wait for the nest one and since you have an r4 just upgrade your flashcart to a better one and save the money for the ds2
     
  16. Jakob95

    Jakob95 I am the Avatar

    Suspended
    4,344
    67
    Jan 15, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    Dude who knows when the DS2 will be released. Its going to be released like in 2011 I bet. I rather just buy the DSi and then next year get the DS2.
     
  17. rockstar99

    rockstar99 Hi

    Member
    7,375
    156
    Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    but the dsi isnt such a great upgrade to actually upgrade too
     
  18. Nugg2396
    OP

    Nugg2396 GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    239
    0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Malaysia
    Can the DSi be bricked?
     
  19. BoxShot

    BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

    Member
    3,447
    3
    Dec 18, 2008
    United States
    Middle of the ocean.
    As far as I remember. Yes. I recall someone having his dsi not turning on as it only went to a white screen every time he turned it on. It was covered by Ninty's warrenty which I believe is a year. How likely is this close to 0%
    Of course my memory might be wrong.
     
  20. gibberish

    gibberish GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    243
    13
    Jan 12, 2009
    [​IMG]

    its a bloody tank!
    id consider it if it actually had some hi-res screens (but that would break compatibility).

    its a no go for me, i think its aimed at the partially sighted gamers out there.