Hacking Shortcut Files

Cash Machine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the homebrew that I am interested in running must be installed to the root directory of my CycloDS. That clashes with the organization system I have going, so I would like the ability to make the NDS in the root a hidden file, and place some sort of shortcut to it in Games\Homebrew.

If I understand correctly, there is currently no feature like this supported by CycloDS, but is anyone aware of a temporary workaround? Perhaps compiling a separate NDS that launches the one in the root [I would have no idea where to even begin, though]?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't pretend to have run every homebrew out there, but most of them that require files in the root will at least let you put the .nds file anywhere you want. It just has to access all its external files in the root.

Which homebrews in particular are you talking about?

The shortcut idea is a good one. Head over to http://www.teamcyclops.com/ and suggest it as a future feature in their beta threads. It may be impossible though since shortcuts are essentially a Windows thing, but it's worth a shot if it IS possible for them to implement.

Ketrel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
I won't pretend to have run every homebrew out there, but most of them that require files in the root will at least let you put the .nds file anywhere you want. It just has to access all its external files in the root.

Which homebrews in particular are you talking about?

The shortcut idea is a good one. Head over to http://www.teamcyclops.com/ and suggest it as a future feature in their beta threads. It may be impossible though since shortcuts are essentially a Windows thing, but it's worth a shot if it IS possible for them to implement.

Actually if they wanted to add it, it could be easily done.
It could simply be a text file, with the path to the actual one but renamed to something like game.sct
So, if you try to launch a .sct file, the cyclo will look for the nds file named in file and launch it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 999.... Apple.... Can I just use 999 dollar bills and light them on fire?