Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zerobug said:
g.crow said:
zerobug said:
Shoptemp description for the ps3 break is that it's upgradeable but they are shipping ps3 breaks with a PIC chip and not the Atmel chip but still they charge u full price for these things.

I want to know how they are going to correct this or do i need to fill in a complain with paypal.

when did you order your ps3break from shoptemp?

I made the order on 8 September

too bad, i made my order a few days later. if it happens i get a non upgradable ps3break too, i will return it at any coast.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
g.crow said:
if you open a support ticket you have to wait 5 days till you get an answer at all.

and i hear you talking about "them" shaun. arent you guys involved? or did you just sell the name (and reputation, cause this site is well respected) and a lot of advertising?

Shaun and Costello haven't moved to Hong Kong to set up shop.

ShopTemp is a 'partner', an already established retailer with a good track record runs the Hong Kong operation including customer support.

If you have an issue with ShopTemp, then your best and first course of action is ShopTemp's own support. If you get no solution, then people on these forums may be able to assist on your behalf.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ah, i see, its called "partner". thanks for poiting that out.

yeah, my best friend is the shoptemp support. which sucks to be honest.

well, im outta this. ive been a member in this commuinty for almost 5 years now and i want to stay it that way.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DarkWay said:
It's NOT Shoptemps fault.
Do you expect them to dismantle the poducts themselves before shipping to see what's inside?

NO ofcourse you don't that would be stupid.

The fault lies with the supplier who likely changed to these version of the break without notifying Shoptemp.

Shoptemp can't misadvertise something they probably don't know about.

They should trust their supplier's items fit its description. Otherwise they should refund the costumer and complain with the supplier.

It isn't really shoptemp's fault, but the consumer can't be penalized for that.

If it was me, I would ask for a refund and if they refuse claim at paypal.

pharque

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys,
I have been reading posts on GBA temp for quite a while now,
after a few years it turned out that i was pretty much into pokemon and i had the oportunity to load saves and tools thanks to this marvelous site (the fact that i needed to download some stuff made me register).
i am a big big big fan of nintendo since my first game and watch (i'd say oil panic) and my last buy is an official supernintendo wii controller Pal version from club nintendo for 7000 stars ( i should have been able to order at least two, sadly my gamecube codes were out of date )
PS: delivery delay from nintendo France is 8 WEEKS, 7000 stars is 1400€ of wii games thanks God i am 32 years old !
i ended up noticing gbatemp turned out to have a partner and i clearly went "wow i'm buying from there from now on"
so it turned out i had couple things to get available from them :
-tri wing screw driver
-replacement case to refresh my white DSlite (picked the zelda one)
-a pair of EZ flash Vi for for my new DSiXL and my friend's
-a black EZ flash V slot2 mainly to have an extra RAM for the NeoDS emulator to play with my R4/black DS lite
- the (now ) UNfamous PS3Break just for the hell of it (gasp!) -had not been discovered not to be upgradable by then-
still haven't recieved anything but i am in France so i am patient ( took the 18 bucks option )
I have to say that i did buy this from shoptemp Because it was mentionned as "upgradable" on THEIR article description (and since i trusted gba temp why wouldn't i trust their partner).
i realise they got spoiled but isn't it their responsability to check what they are selling ? mostly when they MOTO is something like "our knowledge, your needs". so i simply could not let them get away with a "we did not know"
i haven't made a ticket yet for i may end up with a atmel chip even if odds are greatly against me.
the only thing that i am willing to point out is that it is clearly the fact that i have respect for gba temp that made me a loyal costumer even though i never bought anything until a week ago.
i am waiting to see if my ps3 break will be based on atmel or pic before i even considering "opening a ticket"
if i was to recieve a pic not being upgradable after reading it was made out of atmel on these and other boards (upgradeable)
i would clearly consider shoptemp my only resort they should have checked when they changed the boxing if the inside was still the same period.
another thing:
i am a bit upset to see a bunch of complaints from people who try to get contact or support without success
shoptemp should realise the are discretitating not only themselves but a very old comunity too by simply not answering.

just my two cents:
yeah i know this IS my first post , but really i just use search bar and always find what i am after without the need of posting.
nonetheless i am a real costumer who paid a hundred bucks with full trust. so Sir Costello may i suggest you to threaten them a little bit in order to have them show more respect to THEIR costumers that are people who are all readers of YOUR forums.
May you all have a nice day.
Pharque The Silent HardCore Gamer.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Plus i thought they tested everything first? According to that PSX-Scene link you can differentiate just by sticking it in a PC.
What I've read states that a jailbreak device (or a phone/calculator in jailbreak mode) will not enumerate when connected to a PC, you'd have to actually run the updater... And since there's no update yet there's nothing to run to check it.

A lot of these things promised they could be updated without realizing that Sony seems to have blocked the entire jailbreak-over-USB hole. When they realized that they just switched over to the non-upgradeable ones since there won't be an upgrade to these devices. At least, that's my take on it. What these companies have said does not always seem to match what's actually going on...

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what software is ps3break based on at all? is it psgroove 1.1? because its required for some homebrew apps like the cfw launcher. and if you cant flash the pic version with psgroove 1.1 (you can on the atmel), well, that sucks.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
http://www.ps3break.com/Truth.asp
^ it's been confirmed that Shoptemp sells REAL PS3BREAKs as stated on the official website linked above.
Our reviewer OSW will be posting the official gbatemp review and he says he definitely the one from the real picture above.

HOWEVER it's true and very much likely that the PS3BREAK team changed the chip making it difficult (or impossible?) to upgrade. Hence Shoptemp have decided to stop selling the PS3break. They're trying to find a solution to the problems. Angry/unhappy customers can get a full refund from the support if they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ