Shoptemp sent me a REAL ps3 Break

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by zerobug, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2010
  1. zerobug
    OP

Newcomer zerobug Newbie

Belgium
    EDIT BY ADMIN: READ LAST POST OF THIS THREAD FOR MORE INFO. SHOPTEMPS PS3BREAK IS THE REAL DEAL BUT THE TEAM CHANGED THE CHIP.
    --------------

Shoptemp description for the ps3 break is that it's upgradeable but they are shipping ps3 breaks with a PIC chip and not the Atmel chip but still they charge u full price for these things.

I want to know how they are going to correct this or do i need to fill in a complain with paypal.

2. Ritsuki

Member Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    It's not a fake. The one who should be blamed is the supplier who changed the chip and still asks the same price for a product that is not even compatible with the latest firmware.

3. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    None of these types of device are compatible with latest firmware.

4. agimann

Member agimann GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    oh fuck! then i got fooled too, i bought ps3break from shoptemp aswell... i want my money back!

5. g.crow

Member g.crow beide mittelfinger hoch

United States
    when did you order your ps3break from shoptemp?

6. Wombo Combo

Member Wombo Combo That Ain't Falco

United States
    Yeah I would expect you to get a refund for false advertisement if it actually claimed to be update-able on shoptemps site.

7. agimann

Member agimann GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    i took a look at shoptemp just now and i saw they had added another usb-stick
    http://shoptemp.com/products/USBBREAK-USB-...Slim-p-181.html

does anyone know for sure if this one is upgradeable and if it is wouldnt it be nice for shoptemp to send this one to everyone they have fooled into buying a non-upgradeable ps3break.
    good idea, no?

8. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    As has been said, It's not fake. Afaik, the manufacturer made these changes to all ps3breaks to cut costs.

Not to say that it isn't a bad thing, these chips may be updatable in future, but it may also require some internal mucking about (According to psx-scene).

It's unfortunate but this is why it's sometimes good to be patient, and do your research before you buy.
    I'm currently reviewing the ps3break and I just found out the same thing. I will be mentioning it in the review.

As for USBBREAK, it seems like a clone of the ps3break. I'd suspect its the cheap PIC version too.

9. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It's not fake, it will be a genuine 'ps3break'. ShopTemp are not responsible with any drawbacks of the device. It's like someone buying an Acekard 2.1 and then complaining it doesn't work on their DSi, or someone buying a 1:1 R4 and complaining it doesn't work with SDHC's. It's upto you to do all the product research before you buy, It's also known these are all clones of the original.

I really don't see what grounds you would have for PayPal to rule in your favour. I also wouldn't put a claim in for something which is illegal in many countries.

10. dragonjud

Newcomer dragonjud Advanced Member

United States
    You're joking right?

You obtained something that is now illegal from a supplier in China, and you expect paypal to reimburse you? Even asking for it, is stupid.
    None, read it again, NONE of the products on the market can be updated to work on future firmware. Their used was blocked by Sony. Anybody who claims
    they can update these items to work in future firmware is full of s**t. Nobody knows, and therefore they ask you not to update.

Close the thread...it has no point.

11. g.crow

United States
    nobody is talking about future firmware. the stick itself isnt updatable at all without external hardware.

and yes, shoptemp IS responsible, as THEY are selling the stick, and THEY are saying its updatable.
    its not their fault it isnt, but they advertise it as such.

but you cant do anything about it, you got fooled by a shady chinese company (im talking more about ps3break.com), so what, live with it.
    mine was supposed to arrive today but didnt thanks to those fxxxers at DHL, so ill see on monday which version i get.

nonetheless, the stick does what it should, you can run unsigned code, next step will be a CFW and no need for a stick anymore, so i dont worry about not being updatable at all.

12. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
  13. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    It's NOT Shoptemps fault.
    Do you expect them to dismantle the poducts themselves before shipping to see what's inside?

NO ofcourse you don't that would be stupid.

The fault lies with the supplier who likely changed to these version of the break without notifying Shoptemp.

Shoptemp can't misadvertise something they probably don't know about.

14. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    If you buy from somewhere which has one main guideline of -

- accurate product descriptions to make sure the customer gets the right information

You've every right to be a bit annoyed. Plus i thought they tested everything first? According to that PSX-Scene link you can differentiate just by sticking it in a PC.

15. Ritsuki

Member Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    The dongle works, it's only that you can't update it. I don't understand what PS3 Break team is trying to do... Selling a product which is not compatible with current firmware, and without the possibility of an update.

16. zerobug
    OP

Newcomer zerobug Newbie

Belgium
    I made the order on 8 September

17. zerobug
    OP

Newcomer zerobug Newbie

Belgium
    Shoptemp is responsible they advert it on there side as upgradeable and it's not so that's fals advertisment.
    i can say to paypal that the thing i received is not capable to do the thing that are written om the website.

18. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    just return it, good thing I haven't bought one yet
    if they advertise upgradeable and they send you something that isn't upgradeable, than it's their fault.

19. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    If you open a support ticket and are prepared to return the item I'm sure they'd offer you a full refund...

20. g.crow

United States
    if you open a support ticket you have to wait 5 days till you get an answer at all.

and i hear you talking about "them" shaun. arent you guys involved? or did you just sell the name (and reputation, cause this site is well respected) and a lot of advertising?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.