Shoplifting. Any experience?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The only shoplifting I've done was by a mistake. I put down one of those reflex for your jacket. I just put it in my pocket since I were scanning some stuff I already had in my hand. Then I forgot it. Until I got home. I felt bad about it.

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
When I was little, my parents took me to this one store. There was tons of chocolate in giant bins and 8 year old me couldn't resist. I took one each time. Eventually I got caught and got in big trouble. I don't do that kind of thing now, but I used to. (I think in the end I got away with at least 5 chocolates)

Reactions: Mama Looigi

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's $7.25 nationally - unless a state specifically increases it themselves. Many states choose to keep it at $7.25.
Many states (mostly in the Deep South,) actually have a wage lower than $7.25.

fatmeegz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not gonna lie. Ive stolen alot of pricey things. Mostly electronics. Before i could afford expensive things but now i'll shoplift because i can't afford what i want. I don't feel any guilt stealing from big chains like Walmart. I recently shoplifted a pair of joycons (They're not behind a glass or anything, so i just rip the packaging and steal the joycons right out of the package to make sure there's no beeper lol) I've saved a tremendous amount of money that's forsure.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many states (mostly in the Deep South,) actually have a wage lower than $7.25.
Yes they have a lower wage on the books, but they must follow the federal minimum wage laws - so it's 7.25 regardless

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes they have a lower wage on the books, but they must follow the federal minimum wage laws - so it's 7.25 regardless
I actually kind of wonder if that is enforced or if there are places that continue to pay their low state wages? :unsure:

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
When I was a kid, about 5 or 6, I was reading a book in a charity shop. My 'mother' called me out of the shop and it wasn't til we got halfway down the street she asked where I got the book from. I'd been so into it I'd walked out without paying and not realized. I said we needed to go back and pay but she acted like I'd asked her to climb Mount Everest using only her arse. So technically I stole that book instead of paying the 10p. I did make it up to them eventually though. About 20 years later I was back in the area and went back to that charity shop, gave them a £20 note explaining what happened and that should cover the book and any interest that had accrued.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only once. I stole a Magic card from a hobby shop during a phase of giving into peer pressure. I felt bad about it immediately although never returned it. I still have it today.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done it, albeit accidentally. I went to the ThinkGeek store at the Palisades Mall a few years ago and saw this really basic, green Zelda shirt. I was planning on buying it, so I slung it over my shoulder and kept browsing. I eventually get to check out, payed for the stuff in my hands, and left. It wasn't until we were sitting down in the food court that I realized I still had the shirt slung over my shoulder.

On the flipside, when I was younger I worked retail at a large pharmaceutical chain. People would shoplift all of the time; specifically in personal care (condoms, wipes, gels) and in the makeup aisle. We were under strict protocol to not approach them and just take down their physical features before forwarding the information to the police. Normally I'd follow procedure, but if the person was super obvious, we'd walk down the outer aisles and ask if they needed any help. Most of the time, they'd put the item back and leave.

The annoying part was, we had to do the inventory count for that aisle every time we "suspected" shoplifting, and as you can imagine, doing an entire inventory of the makeup aisle takes....practically all day. So.....we normally didn't approach anyone on the makeup aisle.

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
When we were young my cousins used to steal my gameboy color games like zelda oracle of seasons. I found it in his room years later I was shocked. They used to swap there damaged controls when I go to the bathroom but my dad caught them. I never in million years though they will hurt me as a kid. Years years later I stole his gba sp and went home and smashed it at the wall it was very satisfying.

unfortunately I was and still surrounded by bad people.

Last edited by MohammedQ8,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la