need i say more?

very disappointing since i just bought a beautiful dsi xl

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure its a clone and not just a defective unit....RealHotStuff is a pretty reliable website....
Hell maybe it really is just processing.....give it time?

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fear Zoa said:
Are you sure its a clone and not just a defective unit....RealHotStuff is a pretty reliable website....
Hell maybe it really is just processing.....give it time?
It might be that too...

Did you put all of the correct system files and patch it to be compatible with DSi Firmware 1.4.1?

________________________________________________________________________________

TK_Saturn's Guides of...

Setting up the Acekard

Solving Acekard Contact Problems

Updating the Acekard

Hotness1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've bought 3 Acekard's from Real Hot Stuff and I've never gotten a clone or defective unit. Maybe it is just defective though. Try reformatting with Panasonic SD Formatter and then put all your files on your micro SD. Then come back and tell us if you have the same problem.

nds.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
what is the hardware id. the update program will say it as two sets of numbers (IE: 8181 -- which is hwid 81). if the case is not glued photos of the pcb would also help. take some images of everything and post it (card front, cart back, box). what you really need to know is that hwid.

i had to be the one to bring the bad news, but rhs was selling ak2i clones for awhile. during that time they posted on gbatemp saying they were not clones. we proved them wrong and they continued to say they were not clones. i've purchased a few cards off of them that when they arrived they were clones. never an ak2i but it did happen to me. i have a post about the r4 i got a few years ago somewhere here on gbatemp. i can dig out the images if anyone is curious. it was an exact copy, i had to open it up to verify it was a clone.

they are a good site as far as shipping time and customer service. however, they don't seem to pay much attention to what they are ordering or where it comes from. if they aren't looking at the stock and testing random cards how are they to know?

-another world

Hotness1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i had to be the one to bring the bad news, but rhs was selling ak2i clones for awhile. during that time they posted on gbatemp saying they were not clones. we proved them wrong and they continued to say they were not clones. i've purchased a few cards off of them that when they arrived they were clones. never an ak2i but it did happen to me. i have a post about the r4 i got a few years ago somewhere here on gbatemp. i can dig out the images if anyone is curious. it was an exact copy, i had to open it up to verify it was a clone.

they are a good site as far as shipping time and customer service. however, they don't seem to pay much attention to what they are ordering or where it comes from. if they aren't looking at the stock and testing random cards how are they to know?

-another world

Wasn't that like a long time ago though, like in mid 2010? I thought they stopped with the clones.

NinjaMic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also what AKAIO are you running....if its anything recent, a clone won't even load the menu iirc

got my Acekard from RHS earlier this year and it was legit (HWID: 81)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hotness1 said:
Another World said:

-another world

Wasn't that like a long time ago though, like in mid 2010? I thought they stopped with the clones.

"long time ago" lol.

@AW: I'm curious about this little mishap, I would like to read it. If it's not too much trouble that is.

Hotness1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I hat to break it to you but it actually looks like you have a clone. But that might just be the glare. Is there like a square bump in the middle or like a tiny circle like bump?

Does it look like this?

If so you've got a clone and you need to open a ticket with RHS and send it back for a refund or replacement. Theyre pretty good with that stuff though. I bout an acekard and in 5 mins I bricked it and they said they give me a refund for it(Cause they think they sent me a defective card
smileipb2.png
)

If not you're card might just be defective.

RedBaron

Trophies
XP
Country
Hotness1 said:
Wow I hat to break it to you but it actually looks like you have a clone. But that might just be the glare. Is there like a square bump in the middle or like a tiny circle like bump?

Does it look like this?

If so you've got a clone and you need to open a ticket with RHS and send it back for a refund or replacement. Theyre pretty good with that stuff though. I bout an acekard and in 5 mins I bricked it and they said they give me a refund for it(Cause they think they sent me a defective card
smileipb2.png
)

I have a clone also but I cant send it back I got it second hand and I found out it was a clone.
Where can I get software for it as I cant replace it
unsure.gif

Hotness1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RedBaron said:
Hotness1 said:

Does it look like this?

smileipb2.png
)

I have a clone also but I cant send it back I got it second hand and I found out it was a clone.
Where can I get software for it as I cant replace it
unsure.gif

umm I don't think there is any software for a clone. I guess you could use acekard official firmware but the new updates might not work. I'm pretty sure clones are just older versions of the Acekard so newer things like updates and games might not work, but im no expert so I dont know if anything i just said is true or not
wacko.gif

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hotness1 said:

Does it look like this?

smileipb2.png
)

You obviously haven't been doing your study.

The type of Acekard with the chip sticking out is the old design of the Acekard 2i.

They are technically no longer sold, but there are shops which still have old stock.

The fact that it looks like that doesn't mean that it's a clone.

IMO the old ones are actually better, because they don't have contact issues.

How long does it load for?

Are you running AKAIO or the Official Firmware?

QUOTE(dscapes @ Dec 15 2010, 10:56 AM) Real hot stuff
Processing.... DO NOT POWER OFF
need i say more?

I hate to be the one who says it, but yes you do!!!!!!

Hotness1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
Hotness1 said:

Does it look like this?

smileipb2.png
)

You obviously haven't been doing your study.

The type of Acekard with the chip sticking out is the old design of the Acekard 2i.

They are technically no longer sold, but there are shops which still have old stock.

The fact that it looks like that doesn't mean that it's a clone.

IMO the old ones are actually better, because they don't have contact issues.

How long does it load for?

Are you running AKAIO or the Official Firmware?

QUOTE(dscapes @ Dec 15 2010, 10:56 AM) Real hot stuff
Processing.... DO NOT POWER OFF
need i say more?

I hate to be the one who says it, but yes you do!!!!!!

I knew it's an older model but I thought that they couldn't run AKAIO. Plus on the Acekard website they say:

Be Care Of Clone Carts

This is the fake ak2i. They're using the "Actel" chip which we do not use for a very long time. We do not sale this type of ak2i anymore. The clone cart has to open a window at the back of shell to fit the chip. You can even feel them by touching the sticker. So if you buy one Ak2i like this now then it must be fake.

Soo I though this meant that the ones with the chip bulging out were fake no?

toadhall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well I ordered an Acekard 2i from RHS (hong kong) and I just got it this morning. I haven't opened the cart itself or peeled off the sticker yet, but AKAIO reports it as HWID 81 so I guess it's not a fake?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What does pizza and sex have in common? When its good, its good. But when its bad, its still pretty good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao my keyboard decided to randomly die
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its prob your new router interfering w it