ROM Hack ShiverBot - Splatoon 3 memory editor using sys-botbase

PressFinTheChat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While linuxares doom approach is completely valid the fact we had jailbroken switch, it could still be other factors as well. But as one said, its kinda impossible to know what exactly. For now its 2124-5114, but it could turn into a console ban, which is what I am assuming.

I only have 1 instance of a post of someone saying that it starts out as 2124-5114, but then the next day elevates. It was on a MM2 or pokemon post. Thats why im pretty sure I'll find out for sure tomorrow, or rather for sure on November 9th cuz if it is a 14 day pan I'll be free then :P. But im just gonna assume its permament, which is fine honestly. Knew the risk and I already had my fun anyways. It was gettign to the point where I had to learn how to play the game-competitively to get anything new out of it.
I doubt it'll be a 14 day ban as they have no way of rollbacking it, but yeah, our accounts are marked now for sure. I hacked on my CFW Switch and transferred the save to my non CFW Switch, so I'm hoping it ends up banning the non CFW one.
Very unlucky though, I only started using the tool two days ago after seeing a Twitter post, if only I was doing something else at the time...

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Though there is also the fact you Tashiro haven't gotten the ban despite playing around the most most likely and doing the same things as us is curious. Makes me wonder if it really is just temporary.
The account I used to edit chunks did get, in fact, banned. It just came later (maybe because I have more than one console?)
I do not think it’s temporary.

PressFinTheChat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ban can be just 14 days. It's a simple account timer, it have happened before after all.
I don't know, it doesn't make sense for them to do a 14 day ban and leave us with our cheated items. The other bans were for inappropriate names or misconduct, many leagues below full blown cheating and save editing.

Lumier3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I guess next step is to wait for another 24 hrs to validate if it escalates to a full-blown console ban or if it is "just" a Nintendo account ban.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don't know, it doesn't make sense for them to do a 14 day ban and leave us with our cheated items. The other bans were for inappropriate names or misconduct, many leagues below full blown cheating and save editing.
It's simple, the 14 days they send a message, if you keep it up. They probably permban you. Since these items could still be won by grinding right? If so, really nothing lost for Nintendo.
I think it's more important for Nintendo to show they do something about cheaters, if it's even save editing.

SaekoTsukiakari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The account I used to edit chunks did get, in fact, banned. It just came later (maybe because I have more than one console?)
I do not think it’s temporary.

Ah, well shucks then. Tool is 100% detected to some degree, or rather money is tripping "something", but there still uncertaintly around it, given that sea-snails offer (near) insta-bans yet money doesnt.

It's simple, the 14 days they send a message, if you keep it up. They probably permban you. Since these items could still be won by grinding right? If so, really nothing lost for Nintendo.
I think it's more important for Nintendo to show they do something about cheaters, if it's even save editing.

Given rewards can be earned through may different means, its easy to get lost in speculation. It could be something completely different, but im going to wait till tomorrow night before I start assuming im console banned. I went to check if I could buy stuff on E-shop and I still can.

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ah, well shucks then. Tool is 100% detected to some degree, or rather money is tripping "something", but there still uncertaintly around it, given that sea-snails offer (near) insta-bans yet money doesnt.

Given rewards can be earned through may different means, its easy to get lost in speculation. It could be something completely different, but im going to wait till tomorrow night before I start assuming im console banned. I went to check if I could buy stuff on E-shop and I still can.
They probably didn’t have a way to automatically flag it, unlike sea snails and other known bannable stuff. They went out of their way to find people that somehow had an illegal chunk and money increase at some point. Probably the reason why everyone got banned at the same time (we were on a list).

Also, Splatoon 2 bans due to hacking/cheating were console bans but only for accessing Splat2 online services. You could still play other games and access eShop. I’d assume it would be the same if the ban escalates.

Lumier3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Also, Splatoon 2 bans due to hacking/cheating were console bans but only for accessing Splat2 online services. You could still play other games and access eShop. I’d assume it would be the same if the ban escalates.

So basically making a new Nintendo account and paying for new NSO, but playing on same console will still not be able to access, even without touching homebrew or anything on the new NSO account?

Taishiro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So basically making a new Nintendo account and paying for new NSO, but playing on same console will still not be able to access?
This is the question no one can answer properly because… no one knows :P
My original theory is that, because Splatoon 3 has server-based save data now (and cloud saves), they wouldn’t ban every console that has your account logged on. It was more practical for them to ban your account.

At the moment, you can play on a new account. People speculate this ban can turn into a console ban overnight, so I’d use a different console (patched one if you have one), but if not, take advantage of the 7 day NSO free trial so you don’t waste money on a subscription for nothing.

PANMOCHI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Even an account ban is indeed not a period of suspension...
Post automatically merged:

My account has not been banned yet, will it be in the future?

SaekoTsukiakari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hit with the 2124-5114 ban a few hours ago. Feels shitty but this was the risk I bet on. And after I finally got to use the print poster! These were the things I did since I started on Oct 14. I started cautiously but got careless after a while.
  • bet several times on the gacha machine (less than 300k coins per day). I only bet to save and update the game data since I don't care for the rewards
  • boosted star power for each gear in the shop (less than 1 mil per day, depending on the daily stock)
  • incremented all gear chunks by 10-30 at a time, but didn't let it go over 100. There were times where the auto-refresh messed up the input and I changed the quantity from 60 chunks to 760 chunks by accident

Same thing, but for now the 2124-5114 bans are account bans rather than console bans. This is fine for me, since I was getting to the point where my skill level was increasing making each game more dfficult and stressful. The only saving grace was salmon run, which I escaped to after being tired of the BS the game offers. I'll still be able to play the DLC, after all I got a jailbroken switch.

This is the question no one can answer properly because… no one knows :P
My original theory is that, because Splatoon 3 has server-based save data now (and cloud saves), they wouldn’t ban every console that has your account logged on. It was more practical for them to ban your account.

At the moment, you can play on a new account. People speculate this ban can turn into a console ban overnight, so I’d use a different console (patched one if you have one), but if not, make advantage of the 7 day NSO free trial so you don’t waste money on a subscription for nothing.

I'll keep you posted if my ban elevates, if at all. If its temporary, if at all, i'll find out by Nov 8. If its elivates, I should now before the 14 days (and so should you I suppose). Load off my chest honestly since I no longer gotta dance on eggshells even when being legitimate.

Estella_McLaren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
None because of the recent ban wave. But I might make a separate tool for the options that were, in fact, safe (post printer & gear seed finder) :)
I also used ShiverBot only to check gear seed and was not banned.
I hope they release a post printer & gear seed finder tool that works with S3 Var 1.2.0!

Reactions: Taishiro

ezkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gg. Was fun while it lasted. Hit with a ban. I can still play online on other games with the same account. Luckily its just 1 out of the 3 possible ban you can receive. Dodged the console software online ban and NSO console ban. I could play legit now on another account but at the current state of the game where tenta missiles are rapidly ruining my experience as a scoped charger/e-liter main, it wouldnt be worth it. Game is still pretty buggy with multiple communication errors. Causing most of my games to end terribly. I thought maybe the hacks did something but sometimes its just my teammates who get dc'd as well. I can't blame Nintendo for adding such strict anti-cheat to restrict players from having too much fun as simple as giving themselves all the money to buy everything and skip the grind. There are players who eat this game for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Non-stop play. Sucks to be an adult. How can I compete against that? Time to sell off the game with the bestbuy preorder bonus. Guess I can put my preorder in for pokemon scarlet or something else that isnt on the switch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1